Feydd
+0|6809
Any one notice that recently there have been a bunch of games trying to knock off the gameplay style of BF2?  Two i've seen recently have been SOCOM3 and conflict global terror. I can't believe how quick the gaming industry is to try and catch on to the next biggest 'fad'.  What's worse is that they don't even try to make the games on par or better than what they are trying to imitate.  All they do is take a few aspects from a great game and incorporate them into a mediocre one. Take SOCOM for example, they add a few simple vehicles like humvees and expect people to think it's the greatest game ever made. O well I guess it's just the way the industry works.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6859|A Small Isle in the Tropics

its hard to be original.. one cay say BF2 is a rip-off of StarWars Battlefront too.. you choose a kit (whether it is a Rebel Pilot, Wookie, Imperial Trooper, Republic Commando), spawn, cap flags, reduce tickets, get to board a vehicle (X-Wing, Imperial Walker, AT-AT etc).. and its multiplayer online. go figure..
Britishbeef
+0|6821|Err...Britain
And you can also say Battlefront is a rip off of BF1942...only with spaceships instead of spitfires
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6803|The Hague, Holland
Man, those spitfire's rocked . Way better then the lame old Super Flying Hornets thingy's we have now..
Col-Khadafi
+0|6818|Your Mom's House
People will buy anything these days.
00SoldierofFortune00
+1|6817
Battlefield was out long before battlefront. Battlefront copies off of BF42. The Battlefield series is actually pretty original and were the first ones to do the flag concept really well.
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6799
Though battlefield concept came from Codename Eagle.  This was one of our favorite lan games and not well known until they redesigned the concept into Battlefield. Of course they had funding help from EA.

Try out the mod BF 1918, gives you probably the closest feel to the original Codename Eagle.  Was a classic in its day.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6730|Charlie One Alpha
Codename Eagle is absolutely awesome. I learned to fly in that game. Because of CE I was a KILLER pilot in BF1942. I can' t get the feel of the new planes in BF2 though. I still play Codename Eagle on my home lan from time to time. Man, flying the ravine while being chased a an enemy fighter never gets old. III still remember the day back before that patch that added parachutes. We used to be so proud on our manouvre where we flew low over a mountain, dropped out without getting killed (hard without the chute) and sniping the enemy in the AA gun. Still love that game.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6779|Brixham, UK
Joint Operations : Typhoon Rising

Like BF, except with player counts in the hundreds.
CBRacky
+0|6777

DUFFKING wrote:

holy shit really, hundreds!?
Gladiator08
Russell Crowe's Loin Cloth
+49|6734|Philadelphia, PA
bf2 is a ripoff of America's Army. AA was the first one to have points stored in a database and you get points for things u did, and your rank raises with enough points.
gun.piranha
+1|6728
wrong, novalogic was the 1st to have stats n rankings in there game, bf2 just ripped them off there lol
Dr_3V|L
+51|6746|Twente, The Netherlands
America's Army is a ripoff of bf1942. They added the point storage however, and now BF2 uses it. Every game 'lends' some good aspects from another well sold game.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6779|Brixham, UK

CBRacky wrote:

DUFFKING wrote:

holy shit really, hundreds!?
Yeah, I played the demo and there were 150 player servers running. And the maps didn't feel crowded... they are massive...

Bit laggy with that many people on them though.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6841
was operation flashpoint before or after codename eagle?

it's funny that someone thought socom 3 ripped off bf2, and that bf2 ripped off battlefront [wtf?]

ignorance comes full circle. you're the type of person that probably would have bought socom3 thinking it was a good game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard