SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK
I haven't been on it all day...
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA

Uzique wrote:

there isn't much of a skill-curve to this game, a week later...

camp + get killstreaks.
This exactly how I got the nuke.  Camp out in the back of the airplane in Terminal, have a few teammates run through as bait, proceed to kill anyone who enters. 

Now I just stick the run & gun style CoD promotes...the camping becomes boring as hell.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Imagine 2 guys in a corridor with shields and one guy with an LMG shooting over them

Tactics FTW <3 teamwork
shoot the LMG gunner, grenade the shields

tactics fail
Zefar
+116|6648|Sweden

krazed wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Imagine 2 guys in a corridor with shields and one guy with an LMG shooting over them

Tactics FTW <3 teamwork

tactics fail
Grenade launch on them and fire the LMG gunner. Stun grenade would be ideal to throw first though.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America

Zefar wrote:

krazed wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Tactics FTW <3 teamwork

tactics fail
Grenade launch on them and fire the LMG gunner. Stun grenade would be ideal to throw first though.
lolRPG + Danger close. Even though whenever anyone gives a situation of a game everyone in the forums can pick it apart. It's actually being there and having it happen to you and reacting quickly and correctly that matters.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

Blade4509 wrote:

Zefar wrote:

krazed wrote:

tactics fail
lolRPG + Danger close. Even though whenever anyone gives a situation of a game everyone in the forums can pick it apart. It's actually being there and having it happen to you and reacting quickly and correctly that matters.
this
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6299

krazed wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Zefar wrote:

this
i dont have rpg is it accurate and strong?

I use semtex alllllll the time for everything

sticky the shield then run
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
3rd person + Knives = lolz.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

The other night I got a sticky grenade on a guy's crotch. Was funny seeing him run around with blinking red balls.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i really want to find something serious to do in this game.

just not finding it atm.

raping lobbies with my party of old-school homeboys is fun but... what do we get? nothing.

fun game, i just dunno wtf they're doing with the pissing potential
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

You could prestige.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
which just represents nothing more than a time-sink grind, really. i mean like something with a skill-curve, something competitive... something with a sense of being constructive. im as good at the game now at whatever-rank as i was 20 ranks ago, extending that into prestige modes won't really 'give' anything. in tf2 you proved your stuff by kicking ass in matches, whereas here that's a technical impossibility really... the game is confined to being a fun-arcade experience, like the developers have castrated all of its potential outright. it's not even an inherent flaw of the IWNet system - matchmaking is fine - i just don't understand why they havent catered for anything other than common-ruleset public mash-ups. they're adding new 'hardcore' game-modes at xmas... joy. only fucking tools played hardcore in MW1, as if they need encouraging in MW2.

i get a general sense with all modern game developers that their fingers are hopelessly off the pulse. they're so out of touch with the gaming community that buys their shit. IW arent the only ones. i dunno what the fuck valve have done to games like team fortress 2 over the last year, either, all i know is that playing it now makes me want to have an anal prolapse.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America

AussieReaper wrote:

You could prestige.
... or attempt for every fall camo, or see how many kills you can get in one round with dual deagles. Plenty of things to try for. I will agree with you in one aspect however. This game is not serious at all.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Uzique wrote:

which just represents nothing more than a time-sink grind, really. i mean like something with a skill-curve, something competitive... something with a sense of being constructive. im as good at the game now at whatever-rank as i was 20 ranks ago, extending that into prestige modes won't really 'give' anything. in tf2 you proved your stuff by kicking ass in matches, whereas here that's a technical impossibility really... the game is confined to being a fun-arcade experience, like the developers have castrated all of its potential outright. it's not even an inherent flaw of the IWNet system - matchmaking is fine - i just don't understand why they havent catered for anything other than common-ruleset public mash-ups. they're adding new 'hardcore' game-modes at xmas... joy. only fucking tools played hardcore in MW1, as if they need encouraging in MW2.

i get a general sense with all modern game developers that their fingers are hopelessly off the pulse. they're so out of touch with the gaming community that buys their shit. IW arent the only ones. i dunno what the fuck valve have done to games like team fortress 2 over the last year, either, all i know is that playing it now makes me want to have an anal prolapse.
Modern gaming is casual and arcadey. There is no depth, it's bad for business. You've been attacking me for my opinion and "elitism" throughout this thread, yet in the end it seems that your opinion largely mirrors mine.

Who's jumping on the bandwagon now?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Uzique wrote:

What, you've just done a 180 to the usual BUT IT'S FUN zomg. Miggle and I have criticised the game since before release and you called us cunts. lol

It might have been competitive if you could LAN and run dedicated servers with MODS. But no.

That's IW for you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
Lol @ looking for serious things in MW2, and constructive things in gaming.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i called you cunts because you didnt even play the fucking game... dont be stupid... you read the blog posts and internet bandwagon-whines and hopped right on with your erect whining cocks at the ready, eager to blow your nerdy load...

i havent done a u-turn at all. i maintain that the game is still 'FUN'. i just wish there was a little more depth. WoW is 'fun', but now lacks depth. it's not a serious criticism as much as a player-want.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
I really wish the fall camo was based on the colors of flecktarn. Red, green, gray. Also like the Russian camo in the game. The current orange, yellow, black or whatever it is looks crap.
baggs
+732|6203

Uzique wrote:

i called you cunts because you didnt even play the fucking game... dont be stupid... you read the blog posts and internet bandwagon-whines and hopped right on with your erect whining cocks at the ready, eager to blow your nerdy load...

i havent done a u-turn at all. i maintain that the game is still 'FUN'. i just wish there was a little more depth. WoW is 'fun', but now lacks depth. it's not a serious criticism as much as a player-want.
as you aptly put it the other day, if anything, the game lacks a skill curve. if it had that, it might sustain a players interest to strive to be better. but anyone who played MW2, and were a moderately skilled player at FPS, quickly discovered there isn't a great deal of thought process in playing MW2.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS

baggs wrote:

Uzique wrote:

as you aptly put it the other day, if anything, the game lacks a skill curve. if it had that, it might sustain a players interest to strive to be better. but anyone who played MW2, and were a moderately skilled player at FPS, quickly discovered there isn't a great deal of thought process in playing MW2.
Indeed... it's probably the  most mindless FPS I've ever played. Probably, given my current situation, why I play it so much.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
I'm already pretty bored with it. The only reason I still play is to use/unlock various guns etc. There's no desire to get better at it, because well, its so easy that getting better would simply require training in hard eye co-ordination and reflexes and not in game tactics...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

Uzique wrote:

only fucking tools played hardcore in MW1
What like all the good competitive leagues... lol

I agree that this game is far too arcady though.

Last edited by Vilham (2009-11-25 04:08:29)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Vilham wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Ummm, what?

Competitive hardcore always was a joke in MW1. You would have to be German to play that shit.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Ummm, what?

Competitive hardcore always was a joke in MW1. You would have to be German to play that shit.
Hardcore was the ONLY good way of playing Mw1.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Vilham wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Ummm, what?

Hardcore was the ONLY good way of playing Mw1.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Go away
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard