thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Jebus wrote:

LOOK AT YOUR MINIMAP! When you see a red dot running to where you're capping a flag (for example), drop nade right next to the corner which will hit them just when they make their turn. They'll never know what hit them
LOOK AT YOUR STORYLINE! ....thepilot91 Fag granade Jebus

Last edited by thepilot91 (2009-11-21 07:11:12)

13rin
+977|6449
Pay attention to MY highlighted points not the edited quote in the OP

To the random:

Shut up and play.  We all know that anyone who killed you must be hacker.  That's the only explanation for how you manage to be killed 35 times a game. You're totally the best player ever and we are grateful you decided to grace us with your presence in our server   -however we'd end up banning the entire opposing team if we took your word for it.  Also respect server rules.  If you don't like them go elsewhere.  Just because you don't think there is an admin in game doesn't mean one isn't watching.  Just because you coward quit after ranting doesn't mean you didn't get banned.  Also spam spotting commanders really piss me off.  Hard to hear a nade landing at your feet, or a grappling hook being tossed up behind you through a constant broken record of "enemy unit spotted".  Be a team player.  Toss out medic packs and ammo kits.   Look around and be aware when you are engaging an enemy that there is probably another beading up on you, (keep moving and don't target fixate).  Wait...  I meant stand the fuck still when I shoot at you.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-11-21 08:15:37)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5735|Belgium
When one nade has exploded in a certain place, you can be sure a second one will explode in the same place a few seconds later.
alexb
<3
+590|5910|Kentucky, USA

I'm pretty sure the following tricks still work =

Sticking your face in the wall (prone) when a grenade goes off next to you causes you to lose only half health.
You can also use the same method to bypass claymores too (prone).

Last edited by alexb (2009-11-22 13:30:12)

JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
If you are prone, and scoping in on an area as sniper, and you get shot. Fucking move. If you stay there and try and figure out who is shooting you, you will die. End of. A moving target is harder to hit than one sat still looking for someone. Get up, find some cover, and then CAUTIOUSLY try and see where you were shot from.

If you get shot in one position, don't go back to that position...So many times I have killed people and they just keep coming back again and again.

Each gun has a distinctive sound. When behind enemy lines and using, say, the m16, enemies around you will hear the m16, and come looking for the source. When behind enemy lines, if possible swap for an enemy weapon. (May not work well for other kits, but I know if you're a mec sniper in the US flag area, an SVD is a dead give away. M24? not so much )
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

.Sup wrote:

Primary job of every squadleader (SL) is:
♦ to stay alive and provide spawnpoint for squadmemebers (SM)
♦ reaching the enemy flag without being detected

and primary objective of every squadmemeber (SM) is:
♦ capturing flags
♦ eliminating enemies
♦ revive, repair, etc

This is something we all know but it will not work without teamwork so heres what every squad member needs to know and follow. This is where this basic guide begins:

Rules:
1› Its very important to delay spawn unless told otherwise by the SL

2› Be a bait for enemy bullets, literally- if you see your SL has been spotted and compromised spawn in and provide covering fire so he can escape and provide a spawnpoint later on even if you die

3› Spot (Q+left mouse click): lots of people do not use this benefit or don't use it often enough to spot for themselves and for the team. If a SM is blocked after consecutively spotting then you know you haven't done your job as his teamate. When he spots couple of times its up to you to spot as well thus preventing him or others getting blocked for „spamming“ so you can continue spotting without interuption.

4› Play the kit that is most needed at the present situation: when playing with vehicles a combination of ATs and medics is needed. 3:1 in favour of the AT for quick and reliable elimination of enemy vehicles. If you are supporting armoured vehicles then an engineer is also a must in the squad.

5› Making sure you don't put your SL in a dangerous position:
When spawning on him only fire at the enemy if you have been spotted by the enemy or you have been ordered by the SL.

Important:
do not shoot from SL's position because one grenade will kill you and the SL and he will no longer be able to provide a spawnpoint.
There should always be a medic assigned specifically to make sure the SL stays alive. Meaning you will always have to have a close eye on him and minimap and revive him if hes down.
This medic should spawn in as he sees fit depending on your SL's situation even if told to delay spawn previously.

♦ make sure your SL stays alive and take his kit if you need to and revive him if hes down
♦ spot for your teammates and yourself and have a close look on your minimap
♦ make verbal communication with your teammates but do not spam
♦ never throw med/ammo packs next to your SL as the enemy might spot them and spam nades there

Hopefully this guide will be helpful to some at incoming scrim and other games. If you wish to add your tips just post here and I will add them and pin your name next to it as well.

♥peace out♥
http://forums.bf2s.com/post.php?tid=124 … id=2608093
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6527|Kent, UK
On inf only in cqc. if you down someone, chuck a 'nade at their corpse. This will take out the dozen medics that blindly dive headfirst to revive.
BVC
+325|6666
- Splash damage is your friend.  It will spread outwards from wherever your round (nade, tank shell etc) hits.  Good shot placement will help you get more kills through splash damage.  It is useful when you see two men beside each other, but really comes into its own when getting people who aren't in your direct line of fire - a shot on the ceiling, ground or wall can kill
- Grenade launchers work best when used from a height looking down; they're easier to aim and a lot of people just don't look up.
- Avoid the meat grinder; rushing head-first into the closest enemy flag will get you killed.  Try and sneak past the first flag and cap flags somewhere in the middle; leapfrog, when you cap a rear flag you'll force them to fight on two fronts all of a sudden.  If BF2 is a game of chess, be like the knight and not like the pawn.

Last edited by Pubic (2009-11-23 00:29:17)

Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5271|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire
If you're playing alone, join/create squads with a purpose (ie - join/create squad titled 'ENG VOIP' or 'TV-Station' ect...)

Last edited by Irishpride<3 (2009-11-23 03:40:59)

Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
Listen to music when you play.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

steelie34 wrote:

RegMan wrote:

The spots system in BF2 is really fail... The spots don't go in complete straight lines... Sometimes I stand far from a flag and have to aim a bit to the right/left/up with the spot in order to actualy mark the enemy.
Hope you got my point
i noticed this too.  i think it might depend on whether there are any objects in between you and the enemy.
That makes it win. You can spot enemies you don't see.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
baggs
+732|6175

DeathUnlimited wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

RegMan wrote:

The spots system in BF2 is really fail... The spots don't go in complete straight lines... Sometimes I stand far from a flag and have to aim a bit to the right/left/up with the spot in order to actualy mark the enemy.
Hope you got my point
i noticed this too.  i think it might depend on whether there are any objects in between you and the enemy.
That makes it win. You can spot enemies you don't see.
Playing BF2 with DU makes for a better BF2 experience.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

mtb0minime - if you're a medic and can't revive someone because they're stuck in an object, try throwing a health pack at the body. Sometimes it will push the body out of whatever it's stuck in and you can successfully revive.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon

DBBrinson1 wrote:

alot of your tips are more ranting in nature than tips.  saying 'don't spot every two seconds' as opposed to 'commanders piss me off' is much more helpful instead of just being annoyed.  also about respecting the rules or going elsewhere, i think the people interested in these tips are going to play the game the way it was intended.  unless you can speak for all the servers online (some of which have rules not geared for all players) you can't really promote this as a tip, since the audience will probably play by whatever rules are enforced anyway.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon

JakAttaK wrote:

If you are prone, and scoping in on an area as sniper, and you get shot. Fucking move. If you stay there and try and figure out who is shooting you, you will die. End of. A moving target is harder to hit than one sat still looking for someone. Get up, find some cover, and then CAUTIOUSLY try and see where you were shot from.

If you get shot in one position, don't go back to that position...So many times I have killed people and they just keep coming back again and again.

Each gun has a distinctive sound. When behind enemy lines and using, say, the m16, enemies around you will hear the m16, and come looking for the source. When behind enemy lines, if possible swap for an enemy weapon. (May not work well for other kits, but I know if you're a mec sniper in the US flag area, an SVD is a dead give away. M24? not so much )
good tips but a lot to add to your op.  maybe you can summarize it a bit?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA
Never bunnyhop or dolphin dive - These are lil kid tactics that bitches use.  If your nutsack hasn't dropped yet and you do these things go play on a console.

If you spawn at a capable base take a quick look at the flag to see if it is going down before you take off somewhere else.  Defending a flag kill is worth an extra point.  Points are good.  Keeping the flags you do have helps your team winning, be a team player.

I will add more later.
Ptfo
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Never bunnyhop or dolphin dive - These are lil kid tactics that bitches use.  If your nutsack hasn't dropped yet and you do these things go play on a console.
On the contrary, learn to shoot bunny hoppers early and you won't have a problem with them. Then use it to take advantage of people who can't shoot them.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
- Sprint, rather than bunnyhop. The faster you move, the harder it is to shoot you.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Lol.

My tip: Try to obey server rules when you know you are against admins. That way you can usually play at least two-three rounds on the same server as opposed to being banned in the first
baggs
+732|6175

DeathUnlimited wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Lol.

My tip: Try to obey server rules when you know you are against admins. That way you can usually play at least two-three rounds on the same server as opposed to being banned in the first
With the exception of those servers the other week then! We didn't break any rules yet we all got kicked and banned anyway
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Fuck you. When someone jumps they can't even control how they move until they land again. they're giving you several easy shots but because you actually have to aim to hit them, you miss and cry for the admin to ban the unfair cheater.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DUnlimited
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

baggs wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Lol.

With the exception of those servers the other week then! We didn't break any rules yet we all got kicked and banned anyway
It eventually happens no matter how you obey the rules. That's why I kinda stopped caring about rules. It's just so lame to see that "BANNING X FOR CHEATING STATS" message since they can't figure any other reasons to ban players that are better than them..
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

steelie34 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

alot of your tips are more ranting in nature than tips.  saying 'don't spot every two seconds' as opposed to 'commanders piss me off' is much more helpful instead of just being annoyed.  also about respecting the rules or going elsewhere, i think the people interested in these tips are going to play the game the way it was intended.  unless you can speak for all the servers online (some of which have rules not geared for all players) you can't really promote this as a tip, since the audience will probably play by whatever rules are enforced anyway.
Wow.

At first I was like the guy who made this thread has no idea about BF2. I take it back.

Good thread. Good stuff. Keep it up

+1

& Baggs bud/mate/bruh/dude/m8 would you like to play with me sometime?
baggs
+732|6175

Irishpride<3 wrote:

& Baggs bud/mate/bruh/dude/m8 would you like to play with me sometime?
Yeah sure, when are you available to play? I might be able to get on tonight at some point.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5966
Watch decent BF2 videos. I hate to be the 'plugger', but I'm fairly sure mine covers quite a bit for those who want to get good in F35. Frag vids are cool too, you'll find lots of tactics and general skills in those vids.

2 hours watching youtube videos + 10 hours ingame > 30 hours ingame. IMO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard