Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

Open carry = most people will think your some crazy nut, and it just brings unwanted attention. If carrying is important to you, move to a state that allows CCW's and conceal carry(unless you want most of your fellow citizens to think you're a nut ).

This guy obviously new it would get attention, otherwise he wouldn't have had the camera rolling.

Christbane wrote:

krazed wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Protecting your freedom not to get shot in the ass by someone tripping over a kerb.
i think he's confusing empty with one not in the chamber but the mag full
I watched the video again and it looks to me like the mag was empty and it sounded pretty hollow (empty)  going back in.
Yep, mag sounded empty.

Last edited by Volatile (2009-11-20 12:23:17)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
You shouldn't have to move states just because some hippie gets scared when he sees a gun. If it's legal to open carry then you should be able to freely exercise that right without worry of the cops arresting you for it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Christbane
+51|6205

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You shouldn't have to move states just because some hippie gets scared when he sees a gun. If it's legal to open carry then you should be able to freely exercise that right without worry of the cops arresting you for it.
they never threatend to arrest him and it's not just hippies that are concerned when they see someone with a gun. it is leagal to open carry  but it is also legal for the cop to ask to inspect.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Christbane wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

they never threatend to arrest him and it's not just hippies that are concerned when they see someone with a gun. it is leagal to open carry  but it is also legal for the cop to ask to inspect.
True. In VA you can open carry as long as it's not a semi-auto that carries more than 20 shots. So pretty much any pistol is fine. If a cop asks to inspect your weapon you should just comply and carry on with your day.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Volatile wrote:

Open carry = most people will think your some crazy nut, and it just brings unwanted attention. If carrying is important to you, move to a state that allows CCW's and conceal carry(unless you want most of your fellow citizens to think you're a nut ).

This guy obviously new it would get attention, otherwise he wouldn't have had the camera rolling.

Christbane wrote:

krazed wrote:

i think he's confusing empty with one not in the chamber but the mag full
I watched the video again and it looks to me like the mag was empty and it sounded pretty hollow (empty)  going back in.
Yep, mag sounded empty.
i was commenting(poorly it seems) more to skorpy about the getting shot because someone tripped over a curb

posting while tired = bad
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

krazed wrote:

Volatile wrote:

Christbane wrote:

Yep, mag sounded empty.
i was commenting(poorly it seems) more to skorpy about the getting shot because someone tripped over a curb

posting while tired = bad
Then that doesen't actually make sense.

Still, I think it's nice to know that the law tries to make sure that people are at least shot intentionally.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Apart from:
- Sticking one in the eye of the Police
- Looking like a big man with a gun
I don't see the point really.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Dilbert_X wrote:

Apart from:
Would you rob a convenience store if you saw everyone in there had a gun?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
And knowing that, legally, they can't just draw and fire because it's not ready to fire?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Hmmm having your convenience store robbed is the most pressing issue on your mind?
Personally I don't think having a bunch of wannabe Charles Bronsons parading around is a good idea, robbing a store is not a capital crime, citizens aren't police officers.
Generally speaking your govt is not going to take a lot of notice of a crazy man in California with a gun tied to his hip.

Thats the thing, govt is good at sitracting people with trivial stuff so they can maintain and increase their power.
Hence all the excitement over gun control and abortion rights while your country is being sold to the Chinese and your democratic process is being steadily sewn up.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

Dilbert_X wrote:

Apart from:
This.

Plus. Wow.. how utterly fucking stupid. To the outside observer, the gun rights enshrined in your constitution and the level to which they are ingrained in the national psyche is completely bizarre. The average gun owning citizen shouldn't become a de-facto law enforcement agent (for the purposes of "stopping a crime") by virtue of carrying a weapon in public. They aren't trained for it.

You know what would be a better solution to the whole guns/crime thing? Removing all guns from society. Yeah, I said it. Here I'll use Australia as a case-study. In the 12 years prior to the Port Arthur Massacare, there were a sting of mass shootings (maybe 10 or so). In 1996, after Port Arthur, new severe gun control laws and a gun buy back scheme were introduced. Guess how many mass shootings we've had since then. None. Go figure.

But since it's so ingrained in your culture and constitution, and not to mention the subversion of democratic process by pro-gun lobby groups, nothing will ever change and I might as well have been speaking to a brick wall.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
But since it's so ingrained in your culture
That's why I gave up years ago.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
It is ingrained in our culture and constitution. We can outlaw guns, but there are so many of them "in the system" that it wouldn't matter. And if criminals are dead-set on using a gun, they will find a way to get one. Things being illegal haven't stopped the drug trade.

If I'm not mistaken, almost every citizen of Switzerland owns a gun. I never hear about horrible massacres going on in Switzerland. Obviously there are multiple factors, like socioeconomic ones, but maybe that means we ought to figure out a new way to deal with those issues? Such as teaching people that it's not okay to commit a crime just because you're poor? Maybe putting people to jail for life or execution if they murder someone? Capital punishment is only a deterrent if it's swift, which thanks to our "justice" system it's about as swift as a snail.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I've said it before, take a walk through blockbuster and see how many films involve a disgruntled outsider solving all his problems by blowing away loads of people he perceives as requiring 'street justice'.
From Clint Eastwood westerns to Bruce Willis pulp.

Its where people like ATG get their ideas from.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Should we make fertilizer illegal? A disgruntled outsider named Timothy McVeigh thought he'd solve all his problems by blowing up a federal building.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

Dilbert_X wrote:

I've said it before, take a walk through blockbuster and see how many films involve a disgruntled outsider solving all his problems by blowing away loads of people he perceives as requiring 'street justice'.

And " people like you " are the kind of simpletons dictators love. You think the fountain of this rage flows from a Hollywood movie. Never question your betters. Never think. Assume the guy yelling is crazy.

That's why I don't post much after I start a thread. I know what you are bringing Dillweed. It is usually about as meaningful as the drivel Obama spews. 

I also tend to ignore fm because I know that somebody who has never held a job or tried to make it on their own has no real clue. Good efforts and otherwise intelligent, but no real life experience, therefor rather pointless to debate.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

ATG wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And " people like you " are the kind of simpletons dictators love. You think the fountain of this rage flows from a Hollywood movie. Never question your betters. Never think. Assume the guy yelling is crazy.

That's why I don't post much after I start a thread. I know what you are bringing Dillweed. It is usually about as meaningful as the drivel Obama spews. 

I also tend to ignore fm because I know that somebody who has never held a job or tried to make it on their own has no real clue. Good efforts and otherwise intelligent, but no real life experience, therefor rather pointless to debate.
nowai! dilbert is the best at having opinions on topics he doesn't understand!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Bot

The gun has to be unloaded but you can have loaded mags on your berson, all you want.

And I for one want the government afraid of the people. I should be able to buy a quad fifty if I can afford it and have a clean record. Oh, most euros have no clue the kind of hardware you can own, as an American.  Lol.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I'm not a strong believer in the argument that we need guns to stop crimes, but I still would strongly prefer to have them legal like they are now than not. It just shows the stereotypes that a person can't walk down the street with a gun (loaded or not) without people thinking they are going to start blowing people away.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

ATG wrote:

Still don't understand how walking around with an unloaded gun on your hip in California is going to bring about democratic change in Washington.
You're tilting at windmills ATG.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

ATG wrote:

Bot

The gun has to be unloaded but you can have loaded mags on your berson, all you want.

And I for one want the government afraid of the people. I should be able to buy a quad fifty if I can afford it and have a clean record. Oh, most euros have no clue the kind of hardware you can own, as an American.  Lol.
Quad fifty is redneck slang for .45?

I like it.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US

DesertFox- wrote:

It just shows the stereotypes that a person can't walk down the street with a gun (loaded or not) without people thinking they are going to start blowing people away.
Stereotypes...
If I dressed in a suit and tie, with a Glock in a decent holster, most people would think I was a cop.
If I dressed in jeans, a plaid shirt, boots, and a cowboy hat, with a revolver, people would likely think I was a Texan.
If I dressed in baggy sweats, with the butt of a pistol sticking out of my pants, I can pretty much guarantee the police would be called.

A lot of open carry people do what they do so the average citizen (who might be aware enough to notice the gun) actually sees people other can cops or gang bangers carrying. 

38 states allow open carry, with 7 of them requiring a permit.
48 states issue concealed carry permits (8 of them being "may issue" states)

Open and concealed carriers are NOT there to take the law into their own hands.  The laws on justified use of force don't change for them.  In fact, when one student at a college advocated vigilante groups to stop crime, concealed carry instructors sat down with him for 3 hours to teach him the basics of the law and why vigilantism wouldn't be appropriate. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l … rs16m.html
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

RAIMIUS wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

It just shows the stereotypes that a person can't walk down the street with a gun (loaded or not) without people thinking they are going to start blowing people away.
Stereotypes...
If I dressed in a suit and tie, with a Glock in a decent holster, most people would think I was a cop.
If I dressed in jeans, a plaid shirt, boots, and a cowboy hat, with a revolver, people would likely think I was a Texan.
If I dressed in baggy sweats, with the butt of a pistol sticking out of my pants, I can pretty much guarantee the police would be called.

A lot of open carry people do what they do so the average citizen (who might be aware enough to notice the gun) actually sees people other can cops or gang bangers carrying. 

38 states allow open carry, with 7 of them requiring a permit.
48 states issue concealed carry permits (8 of them being "may issue" states)

Open and concealed carriers are NOT there to take the law into their own hands.  The laws on justified use of force don't change for them.  In fact, when one student at a college advocated vigilante groups to stop crime, concealed carry instructors sat down with him for 3 hours to teach him the basics of the law and why vigilantism wouldn't be appropriate. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l … rs16m.html
get the fuck out of here... your FACTS and LOGIC and REASONING... disgusting... those have NO place in this forum
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
@ ATG and others.

Another point I'd like to address is that assuming every one that "open carries" is a respectable, law abiding citizen is pretty naive. It seems to me that often cops may not inspect. Therefore even people with a criminal record etc may be carrying. Also, there are plenty of people that could open carry legally that WILL commit a crime in the future. eg, Gangsta with no criminal record finally "mans up" and shoots somebody.

I don't see why carrying guns is perceived as a display of freedom or patriotism in America. Also, what is with the fear of government? Having a pistol on your hip is NOT going to stop any government from abolishing human rights, freedom and civil liberties. Because you hold a gun does not make you the law or give you any say in the running of your country.

Also, addressing the old "if someones robbing a store etc etc". It is likely that if someone is robbing a store they already have a gun drawn. If you  open carry, you are most likely going to get yourself shot  or at least targeted by the perpetrator (unless the thief is completely incompetent), or even police or owners in the confusion.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

ATG wrote:

Bot

most euros couldn't give a shit.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard