Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

m3thod wrote:

menzo wrote:

i'm in doubt should i buy a Dumbbells or a Barbell.  what do you guys recommend?
dumbells. More versatile.
This.

I suggest buying both though. Both are pretty cheap and worth the purchase. Unless you want Bowflex shit.

You can get a good set of York dumbells and barbell for under £50.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
So, I started working out of Monday.  I did arms and chest, and I did plyometrics yesterday.  Now I can't fully extend my arms, they hurt, my abs hurt, I walk slow as hell because my ass and my thighs hurt.  I'm supposed to do Shoulders/Arms today, but I'm not sure if I can.  Anyway, is this going to happen after everytime I workout?  Because I can't deal with this.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

HaiBai wrote:

So, I started working out of Monday.  I did arms and chest, and I did plyometrics yesterday.  Now I can't fully extend my arms, they hurt, my abs hurt, I walk slow as hell because my ass and my thighs hurt.  I'm supposed to do Shoulders/Arms today, but I'm not sure if I can.  Anyway, is this going to happen after everytime I workout?  Because I can't deal with this.
Are you eating properly and getting enough sleep?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

HaiBai wrote:

lol.

It will for the first few times you do it, then it will feel awesome. Trust me. Your muscles aren't used to this kind of work out, so they are crying out because they've been put to their max.

If you take protein shakes or food high in protein right after your workout, you will decrease the likelyhood of sore muscles, and once you're completely into it, you wont get any pains, just the feel good burning sensation of a proper workout.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK

HaiBai wrote:

nah. you'll get used to it.  You're just suffering from muscle soreness which is a good thing as a dull ache means your muscles are getting stronger.  It will prob get worse before it's subsides.  Commonly known as DOMS (delayed onset of Muscles Soreness)

It's when you feel a sharp pain you should immediately stop.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY

menzo wrote:

That's what she said
HaiBai

m3thod wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

nah. you'll get used to it.  You're just suffering from muscle soreness which is a good thing as a dull ache means your muscles are getting stronger.  It will prob get worse before it's subsides.  Commonly known as DOMS (delayed onset of Muscles Soreness)

Ok good.  And yeah, I'm taking supplements and a protein shake after every workout.  And that sharp pain is exactly what I feel everywhere.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫

HaiBai wrote:

m3thod wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Ok good.  And yeah, I'm taking supplements and a protein shake after every workout.  And that sharp pain is exactly what I feel everywhere.
during workout? or the day after?
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
HaiBai

menzo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

m3thod wrote:

After.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK

HaiBai wrote:

menzo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

After.
The sharp pain i am refering to will be a very sudden, sharp, piercing pain (that was not there before) which either means injury or risk of injury.  The pain you are feeling now is just muscle soreness.  But as ever if you feel you've caused yourself some damage, see the doc asap.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-11-18 17:04:31)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6566|Toronto-Canada
what do you guys recommend for someone who hasn't done any kind of exercise since i left high school ( 2 years ago), I want to tone up a little not too much that i will look like a monster, I just want to be fit that's all.
I think my metabolism is really good cuz I eat a lot of food and I do it while i sit on my computer and never gets up unless I go to my room to lie down and play some console game.
HaiBai

m3thod wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

menzo wrote:

After.
The sharp pain i am refering to will be a very sudden, sharp, piercing pain (that was not there before) which either means injury or risk of injury.  The pain you are feeling now is just muscle soreness.  But as ever if you feel you've caused yourself some damage, see the doc asap.
Ah, ok.  Thanks.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

lxcpikiman wrote:

what do you guys recommend for someone who hasn't done any kind of exercise since i left high school ( 2 years ago), I want to tone up a little not too much that i will look like a monster, I just want to be fit that's all.
I think my metabolism is really good cuz I eat a lot of food and I do it while i sit on my computer and never gets up unless I go to my room to lie down and play some console game.
For toneing up, that sort of metabolism ISN'T good. There is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" metabolism. It's just your metabolism; and by the sounds of it, you have a fast one.

Basically, you need to do strength training, little cardio and take supplements - either weight gainers or protein. Strength training each day for 45 minutes; avoid cardio if you can.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5271|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

Zimmer wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Work out in what way exactly? To lose weight? Or to gain mass? Or to keep fit?
Lose weight, I guess. Aerobic. Constant. Without breaks.
Strength/Core training will allow you to lose weight as well, as long as you're using the correct diet to go with it.

In short: No. You need to do running/cycling to lose weight properly. You could do swimming, which might reduce leg pain.
Punchbag and punchmits.

5 rounds of 2 minutes and you'll be dead.

Zimmer wrote:

m3thod wrote:

menzo wrote:

i'm in doubt should i buy a Dumbbells or a Barbell.  what do you guys recommend?
dumbells. More versatile.
This.

I suggest buying both though. Both are pretty cheap and worth the purchase. Unless you want Bowflex shit.

You can get a good set of York dumbells and barbell for under £50.
I bought 2 of these and I can do pretty much every exercise with this comfy ass bench! Quiet expensive though.

2X
https://www.argos.ie/wcsstore/argosie/images/31-3008250A68UC412692M.jpg
+
https://www.argos.ie/wcsstore/argos/images/31-3028168A67UC324088X.jpg
=

Last edited by Irishpride<3 (2009-11-19 01:54:55)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

Eat 100 treadmills.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Irish, that isn't an expensive bench, lulz. That's pretty cheap.

I have the same set of weights, but considering purchasing the Bowflex.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6522|Scotland

Zimmer wrote:

Don't do it man, just stick to free weights by York or similar, pullup bar.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

White-Fusion wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

What? Bowflex are free weights... they just save space and time.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6522|Scotland

Zimmer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Ah wait do you mean the one set that you can just press the button and they change to different weights?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

White-Fusion wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Ah wait do you mean the one set that you can just press the button and they change to different weights?
Oui. Saves a lot of hassles.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6522|Scotland

Zimmer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

How do they even work?

Such a crazy invention.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5271|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

White-Fusion wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

How do they even work?

Such a crazy invention.
http://www.bowflexselecttech.com/bst_mi … oducts.jsp
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6522|Scotland

Irishpride<3 wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

How do they even work?

Such a crazy invention.
http://www.bowflexselecttech.com/bst_mi … oducts.jsp
Yeah I know how in theory, I just mean the technology behind them. Is it vacuum or something?
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6566|Toronto-Canada

Zimmer wrote:

lxcpikiman wrote:

For toneing up, that sort of metabolism ISN'T good. There is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" metabolism. It's just your metabolism; and by the sounds of it, you have a fast one.

Basically, you need to do strength training, little cardio and take supplements - either weight gainers or protein. Strength training each day for 45 minutes; avoid cardio if you can.
holy shit, en español por favor.
what do you mean by strength training, what is cardio?? running jogging that kind of stuff?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard