mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6436|Germany
Dunno if any of you heard about this, but all over Europe students at schools and universities are occupying classrooms and organizing demonstrations. They protest against the recently introduced bachelor and master system, against tuition fees and other problems. As far as I know it all began 3 weeks ago at the Uni in Vienna, Austria. By now, at least 10 countries are participating.
Is something happening at your Uni as well? What do you think about the claims? Is something similar happening in the US?

I'd have added a link but coudn't find anything in English. I'll keep searching.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5274|San Angelo, TX
Students?  Protesting? 

Get outta here.

my dog died that way, it isn't funny.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

mr.hrundi wrote:

Dunno if any of you heard about this, but all over Europe students at schools and universities are occupying classrooms and organizing demonstrations. They protest against the recently introduced bachelor and master system, against tuition fees and other problems. As far as I know it all began 3 weeks ago at the Uni in Vienna, Austria. By now, at least 10 countries are participating.
Is something happening at your Uni as well? What do you think about the claims? Is something similar happening in the US?

I'd have added a link but coudn't find anything in English. I'll keep searching.
What system do you have now if you don't have bachelors and masters?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

mr.hrundi wrote:

Haven't heard about any of this, and I've got friends at quite a few different European universities.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
Haven't heard a thing, but if your prices are anywhere near as outrageous as ours, a strike is overdue
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

S.Lythberg wrote:

Haven't heard a thing, but if your prices are anywhere near as outrageous as ours, a strike is overdue
practically free?
I agree way too expensive.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|NÃ¥rvei

JohnG@lt wrote:

mr.hrundi wrote:

What system do you have now if you don't have bachelors and masters?
I thought that was what we have had for a very long time now ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
JahManRed
wank
+646|6626|IRELAND

bloody students!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
LOL students on strike

protip: you have to be worth something to strike. If anything it's a boycott.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5274|San Angelo, TX

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

LOL students on strike

protip: you have to be worth something to strike. If anything it's a boycott.
Aren't you a student?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
not one on strike

I know my place
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
Without students however will our country keep itself afloat in these hard economic times.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6506

DrunkFace wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

practically free?
Since when is schooling in the US practically free? It's like 5 times more expensive for the same program here in Canada.

And lol @ students on strike
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

CanadianLoser wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

practically free?
Since when is schooling in the US practically free? It's like 5 times more expensive for the same program here in Canada.

And lol @ students on strike
Drunkface is talking about it being free in UK/Eurofagland, I should know as it's my 4th account here.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Students at my campus are protesting tuition rises. It's just hilarious that they do so by "walking out" of classes, i.e. not attending. Way to get your money's worth.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

mtb0minime wrote:

Students at my campus are protesting tuition rises. It's just hilarious that they do so by "walking out" of classes, i.e. not attending. Way to get your money's worth.
Don't you guys pay like $2k a year for an education in the UC system? Bitch more
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

LMAO, 2k a year? Please. It's not as expensive as private schools, but definitely more than 2k.

Nevertheless, I'm not even the one bitching I'd rather show up to class and learn and get my money's worth than hang out with a bunch of liberal douchey kids protesting just for the sake of protesting (because they have nothing better to do with their lives and have nothing to contribute to society).
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

mtb0minime wrote:

LMAO, 2k a year? Please. It's not as expensive as private schools, but definitely more than 2k.

Nevertheless, I'm not even the one bitching I'd rather show up to class and learn and get my money's worth than hang out with a bunch of liberal douchey kids protesting just for the sake of protesting (because they have nothing better to do with their lives and have nothing to contribute to society).
When I was looking at schools back in '99 the CU school system had some ridiculously low tuition rates. I'm sure it's gone up since then but compare it to other state tuitions and you'll see a good reason why your states economy is in the crapper. Can't subsidize everything, especially when you all voted in a proposition saying they couldn't raise your taxes Not directed at you but Californians in general.
-Frederick Bastiat
Skorpy-chan
+127|6343|Twyford, UK
On STRIKE? What? How the hell can they be on STRIKE? They don't DO anything! They're PAYING for the privelige of being taught! They're not inconviniencing anyone except themselves.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
Are they striking about Thierry Henry cheating his cheese-eating Nazi-surrendering little heart into the world cup tonight?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
Thank god for FAFSA. Us poor people stiff the government(aka tax payers) with our tution. I'm sure most of you are happy knowing we also get a $2k check every 5 months to spend on "certain necessities." That 42 inch samsung was definitely needed!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Thank god for FAFSA. Us poor people stiff the government(aka tax payers) with our tution. I'm sure most of you are happy knowing we also get a $2k check every 5 months to spend on "certain necessities." That 42 inch samsung was definitely needed!
Son of a bitch.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Bastard. I made a mistake on my app and wound up getting screwed.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6288|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

FAFSA's for the poor

i lurve having mommy/daddy scholarship
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697

Superior Mind wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Bastard. I made a mistake on my app and wound up getting screwed.
lol, what kind of mistake? You're suppose to fill it out so that it looks like you're financially strapped and really need the money.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard