Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

The City Council approved an ordinance Tuesday banning the declawing of cats in Los Angeles.

The council, which initially approved the measure Nov. 6, gave the ordinance unanimous final approval Tuesday without discussion.

Councilman Paul Koretz, who proposed the ordinance along with Councilman Bill Rosendahl, called declawing a form of mutilation.

"We need to ban declawing, which is one of the most cruel practices," Koretz said earlier. "The obvious truth is that declawing does nothing good for cats. It is not clipping nails. It is actually amputation, sometimes leaving cats crippled and in pain for the rest of the lives."
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti … id=7124689
Isn't declawing good if you have small children or if you don't want Mr. Bubbles to ruin your furniture? Won't this just lead to more pople getting rid of their cats or forcing them to be outside cats?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Macbeth wrote:

Isn't declawing good if you have small children or if you don't want Mr. Bubbles to ruin your furniture? Won't this just lead to more pople getting rid of their cats or forcing them to be outside cats?
Trim their nails. It isn't fucking hard.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

AussieReaper wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Trim their nails. It isn't fucking hard.
Cheaper too.
EE (hats
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Macbeth wrote:

The City Council approved an ordinance Tuesday banning the declawing of cats in Los Angeles.

The council, which initially approved the measure Nov. 6, gave the ordinance unanimous final approval Tuesday without discussion.

Councilman Paul Koretz, who proposed the ordinance along with Councilman Bill Rosendahl, called declawing a form of mutilation.

"We need to ban declawing, which is one of the most cruel practices," Koretz said earlier. "The obvious truth is that declawing does nothing good for cats. It is not clipping nails. It is actually amputation, sometimes leaving cats crippled and in pain for the rest of the lives."
Should I be able to remove a babies voicebox because I find its crying annoying?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
Well thank god they got important shit resolved, now on to immigration, and economic disaster
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

lowing wrote:

Well thank god they got important shit resolved, now on to immigration, and economic disaster
yep, they're building up the army, one fully clawed cat at a time.
EE (hats
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

lowing wrote:

really though... this was that important?

and trim their nails you lazy bastards
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

krazed wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well it is LA, and they are in CA so yeah, I am sure Paris Hilton or someone like that made this an issue. Like most of CA, real world eludes them
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

lowing wrote:

krazed wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well it is LA, and they are in CA so yeah, I am sure Paris Hilton or someone like that made this an issue. Like most of CA, real world eludes them
PETA, saving the world one sea kitten at a time!

by the way, I had some delicious sea kitten for lunch today, I find bagged sea kitten to be more delicious than canned personally.

lulz aside though, declawing really was unnecessary and mean...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

ghettoperson wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Should I be able to remove a babies voicebox because I find its crying annoying?
One's a human being and the other is a cat, you can't equate them.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
I'd hate to have my nails pulled out... how would a cat feel about it?

Also, my cat almost ripped one of his claws out the other day
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

Macbeth wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You get off to kitten stomping so your opinion doesn't count.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

DrunkFace wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

You get off to kitten stomping so your opinion doesn't count.
It's just that, I value people over animals.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
Wow the Sea Kittens thing is really ridicules.. Lets name all the starving kids around the world Gassy so we don't feel so bad when they die. As far as declawing cats, if I'm forced to lose my foreskin at birth cats can lose their claws..

P.S. great now there's going to be claws in my Chinese food.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-11-18 10:48:26)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

No its cruel and nasty, if you don't like claws don't get a cat - or just trim them once a week, its dead easy.

Macbeth you're level pegging with this toothless redneck at present.
A MAN accused of butchering his ex-partner's pet has made light of his alleged crime, quipping "it was just a dog" as he left court yesterday.

Trevor Bond, 46, of Ottoway, has been charged with the aggravated ill treatment of an animal to cause death or serious harm, which carries a prison term of up to four years.
Yesterday, the Port Adelaide Magistrates Court heard Bond stabbed the keeshond four times, broke its neck and slit its throat before throwing it in a bin.
The keeshond, named Nikki, later died of shock and blood loss.

Outside court, Bond said he did not understand what all the fuss was about because "it was just a dog".
Inside court, Bond admitted killing Nikki, saying he was drunk at the time of the incident in June this year, but is yet to enter a plea.
"I admit to killing the dog and breaking its neck," he said.
"I was drunk."
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor … 82,00.html

Nope you're a narcissistic egotistical little nobody, maybe its why girls won't sleep with you.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-11-18 15:07:50)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Wait Declawing a cat really hurts it?

I don't understand how that could be.. If we lost our fingernails it wouldn't hurt, there just woulnd't be a finger nail anymore.

If I was a cat and the options were loving home with food and heat but no claws or death I'd choose Loving home ever time.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-11-18 15:15:20)

cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Wait Declawing a cat really hurts it?

I don't understand how that could be.. If we lost our fingernails it wouldn't hurt, there just woulnd't be a finger nail anymore.

If I was a cat and the options were loving home with food and heat but no claws or death I'd choose Loving home ever time.
Prying someone's fingernails off is a torture technique, actually. Also, declawing a cat means clippering off PART OF IT'S FINGER. Would YOU like someone to remove your fingernails by chopping your fingers off at the last knuckle?

Cats have claws. If you don't want claws, DON'T GET A FUCKING CAT, or DON'T PISS IT OFF.
I lived with a pair of cats for 16 years, and one cat for a few years beyond that. I got clawed frequently, but I learned how to avoid savage maulings.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its a fairly major operation to declaw a cat, same as it would be if your fingernails and toenails were surgically removed or you had all your teeth pulled. It also prevents them climbing which is an integral part of being a cat.
Maybe dogs should have their teeth removed? There are endless dog attacks on people and children.

Kids need to learn animals are not all soft and fluffy, piss off a cat and it will scratch you.
Clipping a cats claws is pretty easy really, providing you're on good terms with your cat. My last cat got to appreciate it as it saved him the trouble of wearing them down when he was old.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-11-18 15:24:00)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
See, I just had a scratching post, and the cats kept their own claws sorted.

Granted, they also kept them razor-sharp, but that just gave me a killer immune system.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
My mom has two cats and their nails are never clipped. They've also never attacked anyone in my family so it's never been an issue. Treat your animals right and they won't attack you
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Skorpy-chan wrote:

See, I just had a scratching post, and the cats kept their own claws sorted.

Granted, they also kept them razor-sharp, but that just gave me a killer immune system.
Me too.

https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/scratchingpost.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-11-18 16:28:25)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its a fairly major operation to declaw a cat, same as it would be if your fingernails and toenails were surgically removed or you had all your teeth pulled. It also prevents them climbing which is an integral part of being a cat.
Maybe dogs should have their teeth removed? There are endless dog attacks on people and children.

Kids need to learn animals are not all soft and fluffy, piss off a cat and it will scratch you.
Clipping a cats claws is pretty easy really, providing you're on good terms with your cat. My last cat got to appreciate it as it saved him the trouble of wearing them down when he was old.
there are a lot of options now with declawing.... but they're all stupid

if you're going to get a pet you should be responsible enough to take care of it, don't cheap out and get bits lopped off because you're too lazy to do it properly

Macbeth wrote:

that's ok, i put my pets well above pretty much everyone i know

and everyone i don't know

JohnG@lt wrote:

Treat your animals right and they won't attack you
QFT

Last edited by krazed (2009-11-19 01:23:19)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Ask yourself is this the beginning or end. Where will this stop. Judging the city council logic. the next thing would be banning is spaying and neutering and who knows where it will end. True cat lovers do not believe in de-clawing and this new ordinance is really frivilous.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD

loubot wrote:

Ask yourself is this the beginning or end. Where will this stop. Judging the city council logic. the next thing would be banning is spaying and neutering and who knows where it will end. True cat lovers do not believe in de-clawing and this new ordinance is really frivilous.
except they wouldn't ban spaying or neutering because those operations are done under anesthetic and do not harm the animal. Not to mention every single animal rights group (maybe not the Animal Liberation Front but they're a terrorist organization) supports spaying and neutering your animals unless you're a breeder. It prevents your dog from mindlessly fucking other dogs (they don't have to worry about child support and things like that) and having a bunch of stray animals on the streets.

Declawing is just cruel plain and simple. You shouldn't get a cat if you aren't comfortable with the possibility of getting a light scratch (honestly, unless your cat has a brain disease it won't randomly lash out at you). Same with removing a dog's voice box.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-11-19 19:50:54)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard