Grizzle
Herro! I r noht ashean...
+31|5379|Shanghai, China
I really must say, Tiesto and Three 6 Mafia did a fantastic job. A really catchy tune. I'm not sure about you guys, but this is now my most favorite song.
Everyone has their own music taste. Enjoy!

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6462|Amsterdam‫
i like, but i like the stuff on tiesto's new album more
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Mikey
D'ya like dags?
+16|5320
i like
Benzin
+576|6015
Not bad. The 16 year old in the blue coat needs to stop abusing AutoTune (like the entire music industry), though. Not a hip hop fan, but Tiesto did a good job making it good.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6537|Austin, Texas

CapnNismo wrote:

Not bad. The 16 year old in the blue coat needs to stop abusing AutoTune (like the entire music industry), though. Not a hip hop fan, but Tiesto did a good job making it good.
He wasn't autotuned. That's his voice. Also, he's a few years older than that and much bigger than the video showed.

Flo Rida was strangely missing in the video. Wonder what that was about.

The song - nice club banger, quite catchy indeed. Didn't think I'd see Three 6 with tiesto making a club banger, but everyone likes money I suppose.
SealXo
+309|6552
seeing tiesto next week
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England
Maybe if I was drunk I'd like this track abit more but right now sober it's kinda lame
Grizzle
+31|5379|Shanghai, China

Bevo wrote:

The song - nice club banger, quite catchy indeed. Didn't think I'd see Three 6 with tiesto making a club banger, but everyone likes money I suppose.
Actually Tiesto made this as a instrumental song, ONLY. But Three 6 Mafia then heard the instrumental version, so they wrote the lyrics to it and they then came out with this wicked song.
Benzin
+576|6015

Bevo wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

He wasn't autotuned. That's his voice. Also, he's a few years older than that and much bigger than the video showed.

Flo Rida was strangely missing in the video. Wonder what that was about.

Oh come on, with his robotic sounding voice on some of that, there's no way there was no auto tune in that.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6537|Austin, Texas

CapnNismo wrote:

Oh come on, with his robotic sounding voice on some of that, there's no way there was no auto tune in that.
Not sure what you're talking about tbh. Take a listen to T-pain and then back and listen to sean kingston and there's a big difference. Could you pinpoint the part in the song you're talking about?
Benzin
+576|6015
Lemme give it a listen later on and I'll let you know. Going to bed right now, lol.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6172|Vancouver | Canada
I was expecting to completely hate it, but it's strangely decent.

..as a "club banger", at least.
Grizzle
+31|5379|Shanghai, China

CapnNismo wrote:

Lemme give it a listen later on and I'll let you know. Going to bed right now, lol.
Lazy ass.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6462|Amsterdam‫
Feel It originally intended for a Tiësto solo instrumental version only. Although this was heard by Three 6 Mafia, from here they wanted to add their own vocals. They recruited Sean Kingston & Flo Rider to join them for the making of what became Feel It ft Tiësto, Flo Rider & Sean Kingston

love the instrumental
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Benzin
+576|6015

Bevo wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Not sure what you're talking about tbh. Take a listen to T-pain and then back and listen to sean kingston and there's a big difference. Could you pinpoint the part in the song you're talking about?
Whenever Kingston sings "I wanna feel it!" - that's where his voice gets higher than normal and it takes on a very robotic quality. Whether or not it's Auto Tune, it's been manipulated.

T-Pain's songs are nothing but Auto Tune, you can't compare.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6537|Austin, Texas

CapnNismo wrote:

Bevo wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Whenever Kingston sings "I wanna feel it!" - that's where his voice gets higher than normal and it takes on a very robotic quality. Whether or not it's Auto Tune, it's been manipulated.

T-Pain's songs are nothing but Auto Tune, you can't compare.
It's not autotune. What you're hearing is another vocal layer. It certainly makes it thicker, and I see how you arrived at that conclusion, but it's not autotune. Sounds like the layer is just mixed in by tiesto - should be the same sample that's used solo 3:30-3:35.

Compare it to say, the chorus in T-Pain's Bartender. T-Pain's isn't thick, it's just a single vocal layer that's slightly choppy. Sean Kingston's is smooth.

Last edited by Bevo (2009-11-19 08:11:05)

Benzin
+576|6015
Sounds a fuck load like Auto Tune to me and not a second layer of vocals ... It's not bad, though, just annoying. But certainly better than the new Black Eyed Peas song ("Good Day", I think it's called) and anything to come from T Pain.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6537|Austin, Texas

CapnNismo wrote:

Sounds a fuck load like Auto Tune to me and not a second layer of vocals ... It's not bad, though, just annoying. But certainly better than the new Black Eyed Peas song ("Good Day", I think it's called) and anything to come from T Pain.
Lots of R+B songs have doubled up vocals during the chorus. I'm almost positive it's the sample that tiesto uses before the song starts just layered on to kingston. Listen carefully when he starts saying "I" from "I want to feel it", there's 2 distinct layers - the "DJ'd" one is at a lower pitch, and then pitch rises to match the "real" one.

I think autotune is fine where needed. I'd rather not start a debate about talent etc, but it is what it is.
Benzin
+576|6015
Auto Tune is a disgrace to the music industry. When should it ever be needed?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5781|Belgium

CapnNismo wrote:

So true. I hate it.

Here's a song about it

Bevo
Nah
+718|6537|Austin, Texas

CapnNismo wrote:

Why do you dislike it? There have always been critics of new musical trends... it's been happening for over a thousand years. It's important to recognize that it is what it is. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Here's a song that uses autotune. Do you think this song is a disgrace, too?

ghettoperson
+1,943|6666

Bevo wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Why do you dislike it? There have always been critics of new musical trends... it's been happening for over a thousand years. It's important to recognize that it is what it is. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpSv2mNhhc
I dislike it because it means even more than before you can take someone with utterly no talent and make it sound like they can sing. So it fills the market with even more shit generic music than before.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6759|London

GravyDan wrote:

I've had enough of your real musicians with all their fancy talent.  Auto tune makes everything better.

Everything.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Benzin
+576|6015

Bevo wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpSv2mNhhc
OMG, you like that song? The vocals made my ears bleed. The melody could use some help, too. Entire song of Auto Tune. Techno songs have better synthesizer work on the vocals. OMG.

Dauntless wrote:

GravyDan wrote:

I've had enough of your real musicians with all their fancy talent.  Auto tune makes everything better.

Everything.
hahah!

for now imma have to say if this came on on the dance pop workout station i'd change it cause it's a bit annoying rap.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard