Baba Booey
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370
thought so
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

m3thod wrote:

Basic maths wasn't the problem, it was basic risk management....like don't gives mortagages to people who can't afford them.  You know shit like that.
Yes, but bad maths let people take out mortgages they couldn't afford. Bad maths by the people deciding risk lead to bad disk management.

It all comes down to people NOT FUCKING PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT THE FUCK THEY WERE DOING, and digging themselves into holes.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

do you actually own a house? are you in a position to buy one?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
No, but I know basic addition, multiplication, and economic theory, and that you shouldn't take out payments higher than your monthly income.

That's already better than most of the people in the financial crisis.

Last edited by Skorpy-chan (2009-11-16 21:47:00)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Ok, but there should be a way for homeless people to get legal work, having to go illegal is bullshit.
A legal citizen doing legal work is not illegal. They also wouldn'e be homeless if they got a fuckin' job. Or are you saying I need tobuy him a house first instead of him buying his own
But as I understand it, it's not simply a case of walking in somewhere and getting a job. Unless you find someone who wants to employ you illegally and pay you in cash. Whether you are a legal citizen or not, it's still not legal.
So, illegals standing on the corners all day long as day laborers, and they are not being rounded up. the problem is, and you know it, is that Americans don't want to work, they want a check. try asking a guy holding as sign asking for money if he is willing to clean up your yard for pay. He will run.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
I disagree with that. I know someone who ended up working as a sign-holder, and he would have been perfectly willing to clear your garden up, as long as the offered money was fair.
Try stating your arguments in an unemployment office. The medical bills from the subsequent beating should serve as a stupid tax.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

There are solutions already in place.  The SNAP program, aka, Food Stamps.  For newborns, at least in California, there is also WIC.  There is no excuse for anyone in America to go hungry.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6416|Chicago, IL

Skorpy-chan wrote:

No, but I know basic addition, multiplication, and economic theory, and that you shouldn't take out payments higher than your monthly income.

That's already better than most of the people in the financial crisis.
This

People making $40,000 a year took out $700,000 mortgages, and now they're homeless.  A fifth grader could have done that math...

Americans were living beyond their means, and they paid the price, I don't see why we're so stunned.

I only feel for the honest people who saw their home values plummet as a result, they're the victims here, not the foreclosed
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Ilocano wrote:

There are solutions already in place.  The SNAP program, aka, Food Stamps.  For newborns, at least in California, there is also WIC.  There is no excuse for anyone in America to go hungry.
. . .but they do. maybe not 'the system's' fault - i've talked to Vet's that have served that don't trust any government assistance. i've talked to single mothers that are afraid of baby's daddy, so won't disclose their whereabouts. i've talked to illiterate Americans that are incapable of taking advantage of programs. i've talked to despondent/suicidal people that have given up. i've talked to people 'too proud' for a 'handout' that would rather scavenge in a dumpster than seek help.

any of you that keep saying "oh, America doesn't have problems" i say
fuck
you.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

burnzz wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

. . .but they do. maybe not 'the system's' fault - i've talked to Vet's that have served that don't trust any government assistance. i've talked to single mothers that are afraid of baby's daddy, so won't disclose their whereabouts. i've talked to illiterate Americans that are incapable of taking advantage of programs. i've talked to despondent/suicidal people that have given up. i've talked to people 'too proud' for a 'handout' that would rather scavenge in a dumpster than seek help.

any of you that keep saying "oh, America doesn't have problems" i say
fuck
you.
i've talked to Vet's that have served that don't trust any government assistance.  - no excuse

i've talked to single mothers that are afraid of baby's daddy, so won't disclose their whereabouts.  - SNAP gives out contact info to dad's?

i've talked to illiterate Americans that are incapable of taking advantage of programs.  - no excuse

i've talked to despondent/suicidal people that have given up.  - and?...

i've talked to people 'too proud' for a 'handout' that would rather scavenge in a dumpster than seek help. - they only have themselves to blame then.

Yes, America does have it's problems.  But going hungry?  That's an individual's problem.  Are we to handhold everyone who refuses to do something for themselves?

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-11-17 18:30:10)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Ilocano wrote:

i've talked to Vet's that have served that don't trust any government assistance.  - no excuse

i've talked to single mothers that are afraid of baby's daddy, so won't disclose their whereabouts.  - SNAP gives out contact info to dad's?

i've talked to illiterate Americans that are incapable of taking advantage of programs.  - no excuse

i've talked to despondent/suicidal people that have given up.  - and?...

i've talked to people 'too proud' for a 'handout' that would rather scavenge in a dumpster than seek help. - they only have themselves to blame then.

Yes, America does have it's problems.  But going hungry?  That's an individual's problem.  Are we to handhold everyone who refuses to do something for themselves?
so what, it's what they told me - fuck your "no excuse" for the simple reason real people gave me real feedback, while you armchair quarterback. "SNAP gives out info" have you seen a blistered and battered woman clinging her child?

"i've talked to despondent/suicidal people that have given up.  - and?..." heartless fuck, i now wish that upon you.

" Are we to handhold everyone who refuses to do something for themselves?" we are not. the ballless amongst us need not apply.
" Are we to handhold everyone who can't to do something for themselves?" some of us can try.

before you spew more shit, i vote Republican, since Reagan's second term. you will not claim that ground from me . . .
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I disagree with that. I know someone who ended up working as a sign-holder, and he would have been perfectly willing to clear your garden up, as long as the offered money was fair.
Try stating your arguments in an unemployment office. The medical bills from the subsequent beating should serve as a stupid tax.
If that were the case, then he would have stood on the corner where day labor workers are offered work, instead of alone holding a sign.

Unemployment is different. It is money you pay as insurance in case you are laid off. You have every right to that money. That is not welfare.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Red Forman wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

olive garden take away.

/win
fat fuck
didnt mommy make you dinner?
There are only three things worth getting at olive garden..
soup, salad, and breadsticks.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i want just one of you to post with real world experience. JUST ONE!
you fuckers with your bullet points saunter in here with " America has no problems" is old and hackneyed, and yet to cite real world experience.

don't talk to this thread, get off your overfed ass and open your motherfucking eyes and talk to living, breathing people in a way that isn't politicized! i can give a rats ass about your flavor of politics! be human and connect to people, not some flat screen where your post makes you popular with like minded people, but In Real Life People that cannot find their way.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

fat fuck
didnt mommy make you dinner?
There are only three things worth getting at olive garden..
soup, salad, and breadsticks.
with alfredo sauce of course
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

aka butter milk and Parmesan cheese
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623

Macbeth wrote:

Can anyone think of any solutions to this or will things just work themselves out? Should Gov intervene or let the free market solve things on it's own?
The U.S. has a proposed defense budget of $663.8 billion for fiscal 2010...

Although I agree that a lot of people in need are there due to their own ineptitude, there are certainly people who had a run of shitty luck and deserve whatever help they can get.

You could cut our "defense" (defensive as in, "Sometimes the best defense is a good offense...." kind of way) budget by literally $300 billion and it would still dwarf the next top 5 countries budgets, combined.

I'm all for a strong military, but you could fix a lot of fucking problems, in theory, with all of that cash. 

Too bad it would probably just go to needless pork in some other guise if it wasn't spent for the military.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2009-11-17 19:06:09)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
https://airamerica.com/imagecache/uploads/soup_kitchen_display.jpg

Isn't hungry

https://amadeo.blog.com/repository/279114/2077028.jpg

Is hungry.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

I hope Mr.Photographer gave him some Cheerios or something after he snapped that.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Kmarion wrote:

I hope Mr.Photographer gave him some Cheerios or something after he snapped that.
he went on to his assignment, and later committed suicide.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

the problem is, and you know it, is that Americans don't want to work, they want a check
Thats irrelevant, the real reason is Americans want cheap labour.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

the problem is, and you know it, is that Americans don't want to work, they want a check
Thats irrelevant, the real reason is Americans want cheap labour.
the REAL reason is some Americans go hungry. and others put bullet point blinders on.

Last edited by burnzz (2009-11-17 19:50:34)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

lowing wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

If that were the case, then he would have stood on the corner where day labor workers are offered work, instead of alone holding a sign.

Unemployment is different. It is money you pay as insurance in case you are laid off. You have every right to that money. That is not welfare.
Do you know how the day labourers are hired? They work for a gang-boss, who makes sure only his workers get picked up. Americans cannot get those jobs, they will be left standing on the corner and later beaten in an alleyway.
Do you have ANY idea how the damn world works?

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Can anyone think of any solutions to this or will things just work themselves out? Should Gov intervene or let the free market solve things on it's own?
The U.S. has a proposed defense budget of $663.8 billion for fiscal 2010...
Although I agree that a lot of people in need are there due to their own ineptitude, there are certainly people who had a run of shitty luck and deserve whatever help they can get.
You could cut our "defense" (defensive as in, "Sometimes the best defense is a good offense...." kind of way) budget by literally $300 billion and it would still dwarf the next top 5 countries budgets, combined.
I'm all for a strong military, but you could fix a lot of fucking problems, in theory, with all of that cash. 
Too bad it would probably just go to needless pork in some other guise if it wasn't spent for the military.
But then what would you do about the people rendered unemployed and possibly homeless by the defense spending cuts? It's not an automated fucking factory.
Hell, the BRITISH government's first response was to slash defense spending. By cancelling orders for armoured vehicles, that the troops needed.
I was working in the defense industry at the time, making parts for those vehicles. What happened? I was laid off. Then the company went bust. I had to apply to the liquidation agency to get the money for the holiday time I'd been saving up. That was over a year ago, and I've been unemployed since, costing the government more in benefits and civil servants' time than the nearly £3000 I'd paid in income tax tax, national insurance, VAT on luxuries, and so forth. The company employed 30 or so people, and it was only a subcontractor for larger firms.
On top of that, troops have DIED out there, and could have been saved by the stuff I was making parts FOR.

You can't just go slashing budgets. People's jobs rely on them. You cut healthcare, you fire doctors. Cut education, fire teachers. Cut defense, and you fire skilled labourers and machine operators, and risk killing the people out there fighting.

It seems to me that the american system needs a few changes, not uprooting and changing entirely.

Last edited by Skorpy-chan (2009-11-17 20:03:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard