SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8365316.stm

BBC wrote:

Police in a town near Paris have foiled a 13-year-old boy's plan to shoot his teachers and himself after being warned by his parents, officials say.

When the boy approached the school in Beauvais with a loaded hunting rifle he found it guarded by police and turned back, according to judicial officials.

Police detained the suspect after he was found by his parents in an internet cafe in the town centre.

His parents had raised the alert after finding the family gun was missing.

A farewell message on the unnamed child's blog reportedly read: "This is the last day of my life".

"He left his home with a loaded hunting rifle and 25 cartridges," senior local official Raymond Yeddou told AFP news agency.

"He went in the direction of the school where, according to his declarations, he intended to kill his teachers."

During the drama at Saint-Esprit, a Roman Catholic school with 2,000 pupils, its director was warned by police to keep his students confined to their classrooms.

The teenage suspect was considered a good pupil from a good family, AFP adds.

His parents had found his behaviour disturbing and searched their home near Beauvais after he left for school on Tuesday, the agency says.

When they discovered that the hunting rifle was missing, they contacted the police.

Mr Yeddou added that the suspect had not entered the school and there had been no danger to pupils at any time.
Thirteen. Thirteen! How crazy are we getting? How did he get access to the rifle? Does it have any relations to it being a catholic school?

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2009-11-17 12:48:25)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

These parents are smart, yet also stupid. How did they let their kid get access to a rifle? But on the other hand, good for them for notifying police as soon as they noticed it missing; also glad they noticed that their kid wasn't feeling too great either, so figured what might be up. Their response to the situation makes up for the mistake of letting the gun fall into the wrong hands, so hopefully they learned their lesson and will keep it a bit more secure. Glad no one was hurt...

Spoiler (highlight to read):
even if it were the French
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
islam
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
stupid americans
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Mekstizzle wrote:

stupid americans
brilliant!
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5831
Must of been a Muslim
Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK
And this is EXACTLY how responsible parenting can save lives.

But a damn hunting rifle. And the kid's 13. How, exactly, did he intend to fire it accurately from the hip or shoulder at his age, and without falling over?
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6684|US
Most kids can fire a hunting rifle at 13, if they have been shown how.

Heck, Boy Scout camps teach trap & skeet with 20 gauge shotguns at that age.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738
Liberals!!!
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6642|A sunburnt country
How the fuck does a 13 year old get their hands on a rifle?  The parents should be locked up as well.

Man there are some stupidly irresponsible people in this world.
Wreckognize
+294|6455

BN wrote:

Liberals!!!
Must be those rare gun-owning liberals who send their kids to Catholic school.

Last edited by Wreckognize (2009-11-17 15:22:34)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

SplinterStrike wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8365316.stm

BBC wrote:

Police in a town near Paris have foiled a 13-year-old boy's plan to shoot his teachers and himself after being warned by his parents, officials say.

When the boy approached the school in Beauvais with a loaded hunting rifle he found it guarded by police and turned back, according to judicial officials.

Police detained the suspect after he was found by his parents in an internet cafe in the town centre.

A farewell message on the unnamed child's blog reportedly read: "This is the last day of my life".

"He left his home with a loaded hunting rifle and 25 cartridges," senior local official Raymond Yeddou told AFP news agency.

"He went in the direction of the school where, according to his declarations, he intended to kill his teachers."

During the drama at Saint-Esprit, a Roman Catholic school with 2,000 pupils, its director was warned by police to keep his students confined to their classrooms.

The teenage suspect was considered a good pupil from a good family, AFP adds.

His parents had found his behaviour disturbing and searched their home near Beauvais after he left for school on Tuesday, the agency says.

When they discovered that the hunting rifle was missing, they contacted the police.

Mr Yeddou added that the suspect had not entered the school and there had been no danger to pupils at any time.
Thirteen. Thirteen! How crazy are we getting? How did he get access to the rifle? Does it have any relations to it being a catholic school?
Thats it, there is no choice but to ban hunting in France!!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Here we go...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
and ban the mooslims while you're at it.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Here we go...
Just applying liberal logic, I would have thought you would be pleased.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Kids...fuck...getting crazier by the days...good move that the parents noticed the hunting rifle missing...bad that it was not secured.

Also, kid suck at planning, you don't write about an incoming shooting you will attempt on the internet...dumbass.

And fuck, its the french, he would have droped his gun on the gun so far it would have killed the teacher?

I kid i kid
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

m3thod wrote:

and ban the mooslims while you're at it.
No need, surveillance and the removal of all PC should do it.

PC after all is what killed 13 in Ft. Hood

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-17 16:55:04)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Here we go...
Have you missed the fact the whole thread direction has been the same?

Weird you should think my comment only applies to you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Here we go...
Have you missed the fact the whole thread direction has been the same?

Weird you should think my comment only applies to you.
You mean it usually doesn't?

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-17 16:31:13)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6315|Twyford, UK

VspyVspy wrote:

How the fuck does a 13 year old get their hands on a rifle?  The parents should be locked up as well.

What was he gonna do with it, go surrender to his classmates? Take a potshot at a deer?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Skorpy-chan wrote:

And this is EXACTLY how responsible parenting can save lives.

But a damn hunting rifle. And the kid's 13. How, exactly, did he intend to fire it accurately from the hip or shoulder at his age, and without falling over?
proper stance and holding = not falling over

i shot my first proper centerfire rifle when i was 9, it's easy with proper instruction

have you never shot a gun before?

Skorpy-chan wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

What was he gonna do with it, go surrender to his classmates? Take a potshot at a deer?
well since most hunting rifles can be used for things much larger then humans.... killing a person with one is usually pretty easy

children shouldn't have unrestricted access to firearms

Last edited by krazed (2009-11-18 01:45:46)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

krazed wrote:

well since most hunting rifles can be used for things much larger then humans.... killing a person with one is usually pretty easy
True that. Although probably a lot more difficult for a 13 yr old to kill teachers/students with what i'm assuming was a bolt-action rifle. Could have killed 1 or 2 in the initial surprise... but it would most likely be harder to kill people than say using a tec-9 or semi auto assault rifle.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

krazed wrote:

True that. Although probably a lot more difficult for a 13 yr old to kill teachers/students with what i'm assuming was a bolt-action rifle. Could have killed 1 or 2 in the initial surprise... but it would most likely be harder to kill people than say using a tec-9 or semi auto assault rifle.
yeah, 1 or 2... at max 3 if one froze

but he would have so much adrenaline going by then his accuracy would go straight out the window

and being semi auto does not make it an assault rifle

actually being semi auto only excludes it from even being an "assault rifle"

good parents though... far too many would just do nothing and hope that he came back

keep your shit locked!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

krazed wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

children shouldn't have unrestricted access to firearms
Pretty sure he's having a go at the 'French'....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard