-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5462|Ventura, California
So yeah with my current glasses I'm 20/40 in my right eye and 20/50 in my left eye.

Over the years I've had about 5 different pairs of glasses always going up and down in correction and never being 20/20.

I'm just curious, is it possible to not have vision capable of being corrected to 20/20? Can't the eye doctor just see "Oh well he can't read that letter, I guess I'll give him something stronger" until I get perfect vision?

I'm sick at tiered of this crap and I don't understand why they have those giant binocular things you look through and they switch lenses until it's "Perfect", then you get the thing and SURPRISE you've been scammed.

I'm sick and tiered of this shit, not to mention I'm in deep shit for the career I'm aiming towards if I don't have 20/20.

No shitty comments please this really means a lot to me and I'm quite, "unpleased" to not say "mad/upset/furious"

[edit] I'm far sighted...

kthx

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2009-11-16 11:57:45)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6768|Great Brown North

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm sick at tiered of this crap and I don't understand why they have those giant binocular things you look through and they switch lenses until it's "Perfect", then you get the thing and SURPRISE you've been scammed.
how does that happen? it's either a really shitty doctor or where they're being made is a pile of shit

or your eyes are waaaaaaaaaay fucked up

when was the last time you saw a good eye doctor?
Benzin
+576|5987

krazed wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

how does that happen? it's either a really shitty doctor or where they're being made is a pile of shit

or your eyes are waaaaaaaaaay fucked up

when was the last time you saw a good eye doctor?
this

Whenever I go to my optometrist, I make sure I get the right lens picked out. Never really ran the gauntlet here in Austria, I've had all my glasses made in the US (cheaper there). I imagine once I finish school that'll change... anyway.

Try switching doctors if you can. Explain to the new doctor your problems. Look up reviews on the Internet about doctors in your area. Don't you have any friends that have glasses that are happy with what they had done?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6180|Roma

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm sick and tiered of this shit, not to mention I'm in deep shit for the career I'm aiming towards if I don't have 20/20.
If you need 20/20 for your career, and you don't have it, glasses aren't going to make it so you get to do it. You will need 20/20 without glasses.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

Your eyes may just be getting shittier.  Usually eventually your eyesight will level out.  I'm 28 and I'm still waiting for my eyesight to level out so I can get corrective surgery.

If your eyes are 20/40 just after leaving the Optometrist I would either talk with the doctor and find out why he/she isn't giving you the correct prescription, or find a new Doc.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

PrivateVendetta wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

If you need 20/20 for your career, and you don't have it, glasses aren't going to make it so you get to do it. You will need 20/20 without glasses.
It's 20/20 CORRECTED or the limit is 20/40 good eye 20/70 bad eye.

I say fuck that, go for PRK or LAISCK or however it spelled.

lazorz pew pew pew

One time I heard it had something to do with my optic nerve being fucked up, and the only way to correct would be "zoom" lenses or something.

I don't give a damn I'm just sick of not being able to read menus at restaurants @ 5-10m or traffic signs or what the teacher is writing on the blackboard. I'm sitting in the front row!!!!

Oh and yeah I always go to the same eye doctor because he's my mom's favorite guy who always gets her vision right.

I remember being @ the school eye exam and I was reading the stuff without my glasses and I was reading stupid numbers instead of letters and the whole class starts laughing at me.

Bastards

oh and thanks for the quick replies.

Does any of the above help?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6817|Grapevine, TX
you said it... LASIK

Where are you from?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6768|Great Brown North
go to a different doctor
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

you said it... LASIK

Where are you from?
Lets do a mini game

I come from:

hint:

- Watches

- Cheese

- Chocolate

Is LASIK expensive?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

Your eyesight needs to be stable for LASIK.  Like I said, yours probably won't be for a few years.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
What do you mean by stable? I'm almost 17 just for the info.

How EXPENSIVE is LASIK?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6620|949

I think it's around $2500 here, but not certain.

By stable I mean, your eyesight has been unchanged for a few years.  Last time I went for an eye exam (last november) my Optometrist said that mine should stabilize within the next few years.  Your eyes may be different but I am assuming that if your own Eye doctor can't get your prescription correct that your eyesight probably hasn't leveled out yet.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6817|Grapevine, TX
Swiss? Sounds like you are in luck, from what Im reading about your healthcare system... Ill admit it sounds attractive... quite surprising
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Oh and is there anything for increasing night vision naturally?
Benzin
+576|5987
Agreeing with Ken on this one. Expect to spend a few thousand dollars PER eye.

Shifty - there is, however, a clinic in Bratislava that does it very cheap and they fly in surgeons from all over the world. I imagine some searching will find it for you. But it's supposed to be like a spa. Friend of my girlfriend's had it done there and she was happy with it.

I personally like glasses - gives you a respectable look.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6817|Grapevine, TX
use a red (flash)light for a few minutes to acclimate your eyes to the dark
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

use a red (flash)light for a few minutes to acclimate your eyes to the dark
You're serious?

Oh and doesn't the military (U.S.) actually give you the eye surgery free? Sounds worth looking into?
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6817|Grapevine, TX
Srs

Its not free. Every US taxpayer, including the military personnel, pay for DoD Healthcare. If you were already "in" then yes, hypothetically they would do the Lasik, if it were necessary.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Okay, and how about that red flashlight thing? Does that really work?

I didn't know red light HELPS night vision I thought it only didn't affect it unlike other color light.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6705|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Okay, and how about that red flashlight thing? Does that really work?

I didn't know red light HELPS night vision I thought it only didn't affect it unlike other color light.
It just doesn't affect your night vision, it won't actually improve it.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6333|Twyford, UK
Is it possible? Yes. Mine's never been corrected perfectly.

Otherwise, they just aim for 'good enough'.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6488|so randum
is this brad or something?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5690|College Park, MD
I'm assuming you're trying to get into the US military. Your eyesight just needs to be correctable to 20/20. So find a good optometrist and make sure you tell him your concerns. If I'm not mistaken, the military has weird rules about laser eye surgery. I think they don't let you join (or make it a lot harder to) if you've had laser eye surgery, but once you're in they'll gladly let you get it.

PRK and LASIK are two different procedures. LASIK is more common these days.

edit: One way to have better night vision is to just be out in the night a lot. I know a cop who rarely has to use high beams because he's done so many night shifts that his eyes have slowly accustomed to it.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-11-16 22:55:07)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

FatherTed wrote:

is this brad or something?
Yeah it's been discussed before.

Okay but I heard you can be up to 20/40 in the good eye, 20/70 in the bad eye and get in.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5264|San Angelo, TX

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I'm assuming you're trying to get into the US military. Your eyesight just needs to be correctable to 20/20.
Wrong.

I'm ex-military with extreme near sightedness that is untreatable outside of glasses.  Not only did I join, they didn't even make a fuss about it outside of getting me a free pair of BCG's in basic.  After basic I never wore glasses again and no one ever said shit to me.

Hell I still don't wear glasses and my eyesight is TERRIBLE.  I can't see roadsigns or street signs until I am at LEAST 10 feet from them.  Glasses give me headaches and contacts are to much of a pain in the ass, LASIK is expensive and probably wouldn't work for me, so i just adapt and overcome, nut up, shut up and deal with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard