Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

BRiiNDED wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avUTaohfc3U
Just started listening to it while while doing cardio and resistance workouts.
Yeah I listen to Skillet too. Post your workout dood!
I would but its in word format. It has both cardio and resistance workout, for 16 weeks to a 6 pack/athletic look, with the equipment you need to use. Everything is done at home.
Its about 20 pages long and would take forever to sort out the format into a post. I could put the word file up on some hosting site though, maybe.
rapidshare.com

do it faggot
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
BRiiNDED
+137|6094

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Yeah I listen to Skillet too. Post your workout dood!
I would but its in word format. It has both cardio and resistance workout, for 16 weeks to a 6 pack/athletic look, with the equipment you need to use. Everything is done at home.
Its about 20 pages long and would take forever to sort out the format into a post. I could put the word file up on some hosting site though, maybe.
rapidshare.com

do it faggot
When I've finished Uni work kay? So in 3 years. xD. P
As to your reference of 'faggot'....

no u
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5270|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

BRiiNDED wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

rapidshare.com

do it faggot
When I've finished Uni work kay? So in 3 years. xD. P
As to your reference of 'faggot'....

no u
doit!

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

irish i have sternum excavatum  ^5  we should start a club.

workout 20 on eliptical on weekdays, if not that then do stairs(15 min), hike or fast walk for over 30min ~
eat non fast food food hah not all the time, life is about the small things.. like that juicy burger

fruits/veggies, yogurt, fibers like wheat toast, lots of water
Haha the 'fucked up chest club' I didn't know such deformity's were common in women.
i did the surgery, it's hot now. lolz
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

irish i have sternum excavatum  ^5  we should start a club.

workout 20 on eliptical on weekdays, if not that then do stairs(15 min), hike or fast walk for over 30min ~
eat non fast food food hah not all the time, life is about the small things.. like that juicy burger

fruits/veggies, yogurt, fibers like wheat toast, lots of water
Haha the 'fucked up chest club' I didn't know such deformity's were common in women.
i did the surgery, it's hot now. lolz
Is there not a large scare left over?
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6199|NSW, Australia

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Learn how to prevent and injury
Learn how to prevent an injury
fixt
baggs
+732|6174

Irishpride<3 wrote:

I'm terribad at both chin-ups and pull ups.

I've yet to complete a set of 15 (complete full extensions)...

Is there some kind of trick to it? I can curl 16KG fine, and I don't weight that much (80KG) so I really should be able to do more. I normally give it a go toward the end of the workout when I'm really tired, which probably doesn't help
Wide arm chin ups are the hardest thing i've had to force myself to do at the gym, i do full extension, no less and always have done full extension. I see too many guys at the gym doing it halfway and thats just cheating IMO. All i can say is stick with it, i usually start with chins or do them mid way, never finish cos it just takes so much strength to do a good set. I also find i have to discipline my legs too, so i just keep them straight and cross my ankles over to make sure, a lot of guys i see use leg momentum to push out that last couple reps, again cheating IMO.

Do you chin to both the chest and the back? I can manage, depending if i've eaten at the right time, 5 sets of 6/7 reps and the last set is going to failure. Going to failure is probably the best way to progress in any muscle strength building, at least in my case anyway. If i don't push to failure, it just doesn't feel like i've worked out.

Another thing, grip will usually fail before your arms and back do on chin ups, you can get some handy grips that wrap around the bar and support from the wrist, i used them in the early days and it REALLY helped. They're nothing technical, just a wide band with a loop at one end.

But just remember, chins are one of the hardest things to do at the gym, some of the biggest built guys at my gym can't even do one. They can bench a fucktonne, curl kg after kg after kg, can't do a fucking chin tho Just stick at them, don't worry about how many you're doing, as long as you reach failure. It can take weeks/months to progress.

Irishpride<3 wrote:

You know you've had a good workout when you're in the shower afterwards and you go to put the shampoo in your hair and you need to swing your arms for momentum to get it to your head, haha
ha ha yeah, just taking a t-shirt off is a challenge in itself :lol;
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

baggs wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

I'm terribad at both chin-ups and pull ups.

I've yet to complete a set of 15 (complete full extensions)...

Is there some kind of trick to it? I can curl 16KG fine, and I don't weight that much (80KG) so I really should be able to do more. I normally give it a go toward the end of the workout when I'm really tired, which probably doesn't help
Wide arm chin ups are the hardest thing i've had to force myself to do at the gym, i do full extension, no less and always have done full extension. I see too many guys at the gym doing it halfway and thats just cheating IMO. All i can say is stick with it, i usually start with chins or do them mid way, never finish cos it just takes so much strength to do a good set. I also find i have to discipline my legs too, so i just keep them straight and cross my ankles over to make sure, a lot of guys i see use leg momentum to push out that last couple reps, again cheating IMO.

Do you chin to both the chest and the back? I can manage, depending if i've eaten at the right time, 5 sets of 6/7 reps and the last set is going to failure. Going to failure is probably the best way to progress in any muscle strength building, at least in my case anyway. If i don't push to failure, it just doesn't feel like i've worked out.

Another thing, grip will usually fail before your arms and back do on chin ups, you can get some handy grips that wrap around the bar and support from the wrist, i used them in the early days and it REALLY helped. They're nothing technical, just a wide band with a loop at one end.

But just remember, chins are one of the hardest things to do at the gym, some of the biggest built guys at my gym can't even do one. They can bench a fucktonne, curl kg after kg after kg, can't do a fucking chin tho Just stick at them, don't worry about how many you're doing, as long as you reach failure. It can take weeks/months to progress.

Irishpride<3 wrote:

You know you've had a good workout when you're in the shower afterwards and you go to put the shampoo in your hair and you need to swing your arms for momentum to get it to your head, haha
ha ha yeah, just taking a t-shirt off is a challenge in itself :lol;
Yeah I've found general weight lifting gloves help too. These are the ones I got:

https://www.buy4now.ie/retailersimages/elverys/cropped/p105649.jpg

Chinups/pullups aren't really in my workout but I'll try and give em a go more often. What muscles/areas to they target? I'd imagine biceps, triceps, and upper back.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Chinups/pullups aren't really in my workout but I'll try and give em a go more often. What muscles/areas to they target? I'd imagine biceps, triceps, and upper back.
I'd image fucking everything from the waist up

So, some protips for one wanting to develop their upper body strength.. when at the moment they really have fuck all? (thanksinadvance)
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

mcminty wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

So, some protips for one wanting to develop their upper body strength.. when at the moment they really have fuck all? (thanksinadvance)
I've got a lil bit

I've only been back working out 2 weeks now, I'll bump up the workout in the OP after I'm not getting to the point where I fail on one or more exercise (that ab one is gonna' be a prick to get all 20)...
mcminty

Irishpride<3 wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

I've got a lil bit

I've only been back working out 2 weeks now, I'll bump up the workout in the OP after I'm not getting to the point where I fail on one or more exercise (that ab one is gonna' be a prick to get all 20)...
Lol ok. Good luck with that stuff. I've been "starting tomorrow" for the last few days. Gah. Ok, tomorrow is Monday. Shit starts then.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
I've always wondered about "The Plank" exercise. I can do it easily for a pretty long time(4/5+ minutes) without breaking too much of a sweat. Are these really that good for training your abs or am I better off with regular crunches?
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

Jebus wrote:

I've always wondered about "The Plank" exercise. I can do it easily for a pretty long time(4/5+ minutes) without breaking too much of a sweat. Are these really that good for training your abs or am I better off with regular crunches?
No idea dude.

I do it twice - 2 2 minute with a 1 min break inbetween and I can hardly get up after. Keep your ass down, like so your body is completely flat.

I've never ever seen anyone achieve over 4 minutes with proper technique...
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
How do I get good at pull-ups when I can barely even do one?
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

You need to get someone to take some of your weight by holding your legs and easing you up. You'll still be lifting 3/4's or so of your weight and still getting stronger.

Jebus wrote:

Exercises like that are just stress positions and don't have any real gains compared to something with reps. It just builds your lactic acid up, the same as doing a half squat and staying in that position does. Just do sit ups and other ab exercises.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K
Just get a mountain bike.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

Kurazoo wrote:

That's fine if you just want to be relatively fit. Exercise like mountain biking will only build your muscles so much man.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

assisted pull up machine.

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

That's fine if you just want to be relatively fit. Exercise like mountain biking will only build your muscles so much man.
the pumping action of your legs when cycling will help build your legs.  But its better to do squats (all varieties), lunges, deadlifts etc as muscle growth + strength will be attained faster.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-11-16 04:03:28)

Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

m3thod wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwwlc8xUJDE
I doubt he goes to the gym if he can't do 1 pull up, I doubt he has one of them machines at home, so this solution is kinda useless.

Method is still awesome though, regardless of what he (it [sexy beast]) thinks of me
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK

Jebus wrote:

The plank will help develop 'core' mucles.  Rather than isolating the abs (bother upper and lower), obliques, and lower back muscles you can work them all in one go.  But it's no miracle exercise you should use the plank exercise as to put the final polish on your ab workout.

From what you say you seem to have a good core, which is a good solid foundation for you now to progress onto your other muscles.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-11-15 15:59:27)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Irishpride<3 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwwlc8xUJDE
I doubt he goes to the gym if he can't do 1 pull up, I doubt he has one of them machines at home, so this solution is kinda useless.

Method is still awesome though, regardless of what he (it [sexy beast]) thinks of me
I go to the gym, I do cardio. I'm trying to shed some insulation (aka fat). Get my waist size down to what it was a year ago (I put on a lot of non-muscular weight senior year, I ate a lot of unhealthy stuff).

Not sure if my gym has an assisted pull-up machine but if it does I'm gonna start using it.
mcminty
Pathetic strength is pathetic..

So two days ago I was doing bicep curls with a barbell.. must have only been 20-22kg. Kept on going till failure. Today my biceps are fine, but my forearm muscles are fucking killing.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

If you have a pull-up bar at home, get a chair, and put one foot on it.  Keep your other foot hanging.  Your foot supports some of your bodies weight so it's easier on your arms.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy

mcminty wrote:

Pathetic strength is pathetic..

So two days ago I was doing bicep curls with a barbell.. must have only been 20-22kg. Kept on going till failure. Today my biceps are fine, but my forearm muscles are fucking killing.
Curlz with dumbbells tbh (2X15/20reps FTW!)

Hammer-Curls are awesome, too.

Maybe after Christmas when I'm a lil happier with my strength I might try and start doing some gymnastics or similar exercise.

Awesome shit is awesome:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard