Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6293

mtb0minime wrote:

I don't see what the big deal about pointing out the fallacies in a game. Are we just supposed to act like sheep and accept what is presented to us without question?

Ignorance is bliss.
yes
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Also, and this goes back to the review Ty posted, it's infuriating at how the larger game critics will lump their review to cover all versions of a game. I'm sure PS3 and 360 can be mostly similar, and minor differences can be noted. But applying the same "10/10! Game of the year! This game is awesome! Servers run great, controls are great!" review to a PC port that is severely lacking is completely retarded and unjust.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

Gamearena (ISP run network, which incidentally is the biggest and most overpriced in Australia) gave mw2 a 50 on metacritic.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-11-11 21:42:04)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

some_random_panda wrote:

Gamearena (ISP run network, which incidentally is the biggest and most overpriced in Australia) gave mw2 a 50 on metacritic.
Link please? I'd like to read it
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

mtb0minime wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Link please? I'd like to read it
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor … rnwarfare2
http://www.gamearena.com.au/pc/games/ti … id=5033868

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-11-11 21:56:16)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK
This game is pretty good I've not really had any lag problems online.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada

wah1188 wrote:

This game is pretty good I've not really had any lag problems online.
It's not balanced for lag.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
basically this could be an epic good game IF they put in dedi servers. because while the matchmaking system works far better than I suspected it would (in mw1 an american server is unplayable, in mw2 an american host doesn't really make that much difference if you tweak for anti-lag), it's still no patch on dedi servers.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85

Spark wrote:

(in mw1 an american server is unplayable, in mw2 an american host doesn't really make that much difference if you tweak for anti-lag)
eh wot?
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Spark wrote:

(in mw1 an american server is unplayable, in mw2 an american host doesn't really make that much difference if you tweak for anti-lag)
eh wot?
what's the wot about?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6698|67.222.138.85
How can you tweak for anti-lag?
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
I liked this.

Now, by all means, return to your regularly scheduled protests, but remember that the most powerful protest tool at your disposal is your wallet. If it infuriates you so much, don't buy the game. Don't be a tool and pirate it - that just gives developers more reason to flee the PC platform entirely - but a refusal to purchase will speak louder than angry internet rants ever could.

But whatever you do, just ... lose the attitude. You're making the rest of us look bad.
From here.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

How can you tweak for anti-lag?
I don't know if it's really tweaking for anti-lag but it helps. It's basically the same as the cod4 tweak except you can't do this through console (because it's disabled )

Go find your config_mp.cfg file for mw2 (should be in the steam/steamapps/call of duty modern warfare 2/players folder)

find the lines

seta cl_maxpackets
seta cl_maxPing

and set the first to 100, the second to 170-200 or whatever. It's made the lag a lot more bearable.

also if you want more detail on ping than just 4 bars (and if you want to find out who the host is)

seta cg_ScoresPing_MaxBars
seta cg_ScoresPing_Interval

I set them to 10 and 30 respectively (so it'll show 10 bars from 0 to 300). The host is almost always the only guy with 10 bars.
~ Richard Feynman
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada

Spark wrote:

I liked this.

Now, by all means, return to your regularly scheduled protests, but remember that the most powerful protest tool at your disposal is your wallet. If it infuriates you so much, don't buy the game. Don't be a tool and pirate it - that just gives developers more reason to flee the PC platform entirely - but a refusal to purchase will speak louder than angry internet rants ever could.

But whatever you do, just ... lose the attitude. You're making the rest of us look bad.
From here.
Dude's an idiot.

The pirated Xbox version of MW2 was out way before the PC one was cracked.

As far as I know, the only working crack for PC was released on the day MW2 was officially released. Xbox was a good week before that.

He's making himself look bad.
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

DefCon-17 wrote:

Spark wrote:

I liked this.

From here.
Dude's an idiot.

The pirated Xbox version of MW2 was out way before the PC one was cracked.

As far as I know, the only working crack for PC was released on the day MW2 was officially released. Xbox was a good week before that.

He's making himself look bad.
He's an tool, but I liked that excerpt.
~ Richard Feynman
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya
Ended up buying it. Cheaper than expected at $70AUD (was expecting $100)
Opinion so far: SP looks decent, haven't played much of it yet. Not a big fan of MP.. the actual gameplay is ok. But I keep getting bad servers, and I hate not being able to pick HC servers on maps I like (the only way I could play cod4 without raging)...
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Opinion so far: SP looks decent, haven't played much of it yet. Not a big fan of MP.. the actual gameplay is ok. But I keep getting bad servers, and I hate not being able to pick HC servers on maps I like (the only way I could play cod4 without raging)...
HC is baaaaaaaaaad.
~ Richard Feynman
Commie Killer
+192|6378

Spark wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

HC is baaaaaaaaaad.
Hell no, I would have rage quit before reaching level 20 in CoD4 if it wasn't for HC.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Commie Killer wrote:

Spark wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

HC is baaaaaaaaaad.
Hell no, I would have rage quit before reaching level 20 in CoD4 if it wasn't for HC.
HC is both good and bad (Talking about CoD4 here)

Good: People actually die when you hit them.

Bad: It's sprayer heaven.
Commie Killer
+192|6378

Sydney wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

Spark wrote:

HC is baaaaaaaaaad.

With more sprayers theres less nade spam, easier to deal with sprayers imo.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6317|England

Commie Killer wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

With more sprayers theres less nade spam, easier to deal with sprayers imo.
I don't find it that bad except for people with the G3. Just shoot in random directions and get 6 kills, and then in killcam, you see they weren't aiming at anyone in particular.
Nintendogamer
+72|6578|Chelmsford, UK
this game is awesome, multiplayer is so much fun. looks brilliant on my new HDTV
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America

mtb0minime wrote:

I don't see what the big deal about pointing out the fallacies in a game. Are we just supposed to act like sheep and accept what is presented to us without question?

Ignorance is bliss.
There's nothing wrong with it, so long as the problems are warranted and you're not just nitpicking from a genuinely good game (<<< Disclaimer: not saying that is the case for this one). It's similar to L4D2, people with a negative attitude towards the game go into it and---BIG SURPRISE---say they are disappointed with it for some weak reason or another. Do the people who are pissed about dedicated servers really think it's a 1/10 star game? No, but they're attempting to illustrate their displeasure by focusing on other aspects.

By no means is this game perfect, and there were some aspects I didn't like, such as the radio chatter that is constant and sometimes doesn't even appear in subtitles, making it difficult to determine what I actually am supposed to do. I also didn't care for the objective or "Follow" or "Defend" markers, which took some of the fun out of thinking for yourself how to fight/where to go. The SP is just about as addictive as all CoD games, which is good because you play for hours on end, but due to that beat the game in what seems like a short amount of time. The level in suburbia USA reminded me a lot of Burnville in the original CoD as well, which was good to have some nostalgic feelings stirred up so that it isn't entirely different. The vast array of weapons is nice, and even though most behave pretty much the same (and the fact that repeatedly firing a .50 rifle doesn't deviate your aim in the slightest) it's fun that you aren't always using the same gun (which got to be boring in games like L4D with few weapon choices). I was pleasantly surprised by some aspects as well, such as the rock climbing part which was a interesting tidbit to include, albeit with a bit of a learning curve. I know the game isn't realistic with dual wielding Micro-Uzis and such, but I didn't buy it for that; I bought it to have fun with it. If I wanted a "realistic" game, I'd play AA3, which isn't really a whole lot of fun, so this is a more action-based shooter that's a good romp to occupy you for a while. I, for one, also think it still has a part of the original CoD pedigree that makes it a step above the generic FPS.

I look forward to multiplayer, but moreso hardcore mode. I couldn't stand non-HC in the original, with all the +5's and whatnot on the HUD, but preferred the more simple display of HC, in addition to being able to drop a person in a burst instead of half a mag.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2009-11-12 06:25:35)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

DesertFox- wrote:

I look forward to multiplayer, but moreso hardcore mode. I couldn't stand non-HC in the original, with all the +5's and whatnot on the HUD, but preferred the more simple display of HC, in addition to being able to drop a person in a burst instead of half a mag.
Well then you're in luck! Hardcore mode comes in two varieties. Team Deathmatch and Search and Destroy. No other game mode will allow you to play Hard core. Oh, unless you want to play in 3rd person hardcore. Then you can do 3rd person hard core Team Deathmatch and 3rd person hard core Cagematch. Fun!

Oh, but Hard core game modes aren't unlocked until you reach rank lvl 21.

And here's a nice tip, you can adjust the ping bars to be more accurate, look it up. It really helps work out who the host is and how laggy the game might be:

https://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6871/ihost.jpg

You have so much to look forward to with MP.

Enjoy!

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644
Non-HC guns killed in what, 3 shots?

Honestly if IW had just called Hardcore "Tactical Realism mode" or something way fewer people would consider it better than regular CoD4
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard