Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Now I know there are many musicians on this site. Beginners, pros, people in bands, solo musicians, guitarists, saxophonists, bassist, pianist etc. etc. etc.

I'm calling you out. I want to hear you play something.

I say this because finally someone convinced me to upload a video of me playing Andy McKee badly that I recorded a while ago, (I tried to play it well but I'm never good in front of an audience or a camera,) so now I guess I can share with you my playing - but I don't want to be alone, (I get stagefright.)

So yeah, if you've got an old recording or you want to take the time to record yourself playing and share with us all or you've got a video your Mum took of you playing "Three Blind Mice" on the Xylophone in front of your school please share it with us all.

Here's me - and yes it is me, I don't know how I fucked up the camera but it came out all dark and I wasn't bothered to do it all again - not yet anyway, maybe one day.
This is Ty playing Andy McKee's "Drifting", (Badly.) I make quite a few mistakes, (which mostly stop after the 1:30 mark - if you want to start listening then I'd be happier,) and the sounds not great and I'm pretty sure at least one string is out of tune but fuck it, no-one's perfect. I learned this in early 2007 right after RoosterCantrell introduced me to McKee's music, (and fingerstyle guitar,) and I still can't play it very well but like I said, fuck it no-one's perfect.
Anyway:
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Not done badly at all. That was awesome!
das bootiful
more more! with better lighting
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5604|Southern California
I might upload a video of me with my synth and drum machine.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

inb4 hurricane posts a pic of him playing guitar hero
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
i'm just learning piano but im nowhere decent to post a video yet, i'll get back to this thread in a few months!
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
I hate people like you Ty.  "Oh, I can play ridiculously hard songs that require me to use the guitar in ways that it was not even purposed for, but i do it 'badly' wahhhhhh"  Quit being modest, that was awesome and you know it.  I know too many people like you.  When I had just picked up the guitar my friend said he had been playing for "a little while" and we should ply although he "sucked."   So we got together and i played  the beginning to smoke on the water (which i had just learned), feeling all proud of myself.  Then my friend who, in his own words "wasn't very good," picks up my guitar and proceeds to play all of nothing else matters by metallica perfectly, solo and all.  He said it sucked.  I said he can go suck a dick. But I digress...

I've only been playing about 7 months now, but ill upload something or another sooner or later.
And Ty, if that was bad, playing it good may very well unravel the fabric of time and space so be careful
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Thanks Eagle. I guess. You know, aside from the "hate" thing. I surround myself with artists like Andy McKee, Antoine Dufour, Don Ross, Tommy Emmanuel so when I attempt their songs I do actually think that I'm doing them badly simply because to play like McKee, Dufour, Emmanuel or Ross one has to be some sort of crazy guitar God which I, unfortunately, am not. Compare yourself to God and you might start thinking you're doing something wrong. It's not false modesty but yeah, I hate those types too and I'll try not to be one of those cunts from now on.

Thanks everyone else too, you make me feel warm and fuzzy. I've got another song that I might record later, you know in the light - but I want to see some others post their stuff first otherwise this'll just be a "Ty shows off" thread.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
I'm going to play the piano all this weekend, learn a song and hopefully not do too many mistakes and post it up here! song is still unknown
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
My guitar's been sitting in the corner collecting dust, been too busy lately to play much...

I should start again
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Like you said, the sound quality wasn't good, but that was a brilliant performance. Good job.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Ty, seriously. That was amazing. Stop being so hard on yourself. I've been playing guitar for over a year now, and all I do is fuck around and play G-D-Cad9-Em-Esus songs.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Did this earlier

SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Ty that was
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
I played the Triangle in my early years
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA

ebug9 wrote:

Did this earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Fdv8KB7yY
Much sexiness

Perhaps ill get around to recording something as well on my shitty webcam
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
Might record something. Been ages since I played. ><
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Me too, but I'm looking for a new song to learn I don't know yet. Any suggestions? Something fun/easy that I can record to 'show off' here?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK

Kez wrote:

I played the Triangle in my early years
pfft you never saw me

I used to play a bit off bass a while ago but i never practiced and now i'm sad

Ah well i'm only 16 i've got ages to learn again!
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England

Jebus wrote:

Me too, but I'm looking for a new song to learn I don't know yet. Any suggestions? Something fun/easy that I can record to 'show off' here?
I'm trying to think of something at least the tiniest bit impressive to play for bf2s, but that would be easy enough for me xD I'm so shit at guitar.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium

JakAttaK wrote:

Jebus wrote:

I'm trying to think of something at least the tiniest bit impressive to play for bf2s, but that would be easy enough for me xD I'm so shit at guitar.
Maybe we should organize some collective song playing thing - someone picks a song and everyone makes his or her own cover of it. This shouldn't be a competition at all, just a way to have some fun with music
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
That sounds like a gooooood idea!
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
I know what song im'a do now. I just need to learn it proper.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium

JakAttaK wrote:

Which one? Maybe I'll want to learn it too
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England

Jebus wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

Which one? Maybe I'll want to learn it too
Heart Attack - Sum 41. Just like playing it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard