DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
So apparently the lads are in trouble again for the Scirocco ad in the last series...hogwash I say!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Yay Top Gear!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

DesertFox- wrote:

So apparently the lads are in trouble again for the Scirocco ad in the last series...hogwash I say!
Haha, I read that today. I then went straight to YouTube to rewatch them.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

WOOHOO!

I met Hamster the other week at a book signing...after which he was flying off someplace to record an episode for this series. Wonder which one it was...

Thats good, because this weekend is Top Gear LIVE and mphshow @ the NEC, which Im going to...followed by new Top Gear on Sunday. What a weekend
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6131|Carnoustie MASSIF
FYI: The December issues comes with a feature packed DVD from behind the scenes of Jezza's new Dvd. Gonna buy it tomorrow methinks.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Still makes me lol.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

DesertFox- wrote:

I couldn't stop laughing for quite some time when I first saw that advert, it was so unexpected.

According to the BBC. Only 50 complaints were made. You gotta realise, companies like Ofcom like to exaggerate massively. 50 complaints out of a viewership which was probably in the millions, well you don't even need any sort of maths education to understand the percentages there.

It's a non story and really something that isn't even worth noting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8350222.stm

I hate it when you read about TV shows getting in trouble for doing controversial things only to find out that the amount of people who actually complained is fucking tiny and in percentage terms, practically 0%.

Also posting advert for more lulz:

I love how embedding circumvents the gay youtube 18+ rule.

This ad is also suitably epic:

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-11-09 15:03:35)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

This ad is also suitably epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2QsDP3o5kc
They definitely should have run that ad. Seriously, it's great!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
I'm glad Top Gear keeps doing 'contraversial' things just for the sake of it. Everybody else is too much of a pussy to say anything on TV these days so it's nice that they just say what they think.
CammRobb
Banned

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm glad Top Gear keeps doing 'contraversial' things just for the sake of it. Everybody else is too much of a pussy to say anything on TV these days so it's nice that they just say what they think.
You would be surprised at how little they can push the envelope. Remember, the BBC are as left wing as they get. Despite the fact that we, the license payer should be given a completely unbiased, unopinionated (sp) view on things. So if the BBC weren't left-wing, liberal douche bags, then we would have much more entertainment, more fascist views from God (Clarkson), and it would be a hell of a lot funnier.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
It's not that left wing, the news can have abit of a left tint in it, but it's easily one of the least biased news organisations in the world. You want left wing you look at something like the Guardian or CNN or some shit.

In terms of programming there's no real bias, it is what it is. They let people do alot
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6495|Sydney, Australia
I'm not particular knowledgeable regarding British television, but why is it not on BBC1?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

Vub wrote:

I'm not particular knowledgeable regarding British television, but why is it not on BBC1?
It's on BBC2, I think one of the shit xfactor/voting shows is on BBC1
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
BBC1 has never had good television. I seem to remember Thunderbirds was on BBC2 as well. So that settles it.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

BBC1 has never had good television. I seem to remember Thunderbirds was on BBC2 as well. So that settles it.
Excuse me.

Spooks.

Now shut up.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

CammRobb wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

You would be surprised at how little they can push the envelope. Remember, the BBC are as left wing as they get. Despite the fact that we, the license payer should be given a completely unbiased, unopinionated (sp) view on things. So if the BBC weren't left-wing, liberal douche bags, then we would have much more entertainment, more fascist views from God (Clarkson), and it would be a hell of a lot funnier.
what in the sweet name of fuck are you talking about

dont quit your dayjob for politics
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270

Zimmer wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Excuse me.

Spooks.

Now shut up.
I've never seen spooks. Nor have I even watched tv for about 5-6 years. So I guess my opinion is a little void.
CammRobb
Banned

Uzique wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

what in the sweet name of fuck are you talking about

dont quit your dayjob for politics
BBC are a biased corporation. End of.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard