Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6562|San Diego, CA, USA
They are all soldiers...I don't get why they can't carry their own weapons on base?  They are all trained and professional.  Is there a problem or law that I'm not aware of?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5599

I think it might have something to do with not needing heavy weaponry while your on base waiting around for nothing to happen.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5715|College Park, MD
Military Police are supposed to provide the general security for the base. That said, it's a good question. GTA taught me that everyone has an M-16 and is not afraid to use it on intruders :S
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
jord
+2,382|6692|The North, beyond the wall.
What would be the point?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA
the real reason? Because the majority of them are 18-20 year old kids and not mature enough. Guns and alcohol do not mix.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5950

lowing wrote:

the real reason? Because the majority of them are 18-20 year old kids and not mature enough. Guns and alcohol do not mix.
I'm sure trained soldiers (The majority) aren't that messed up.
Ioan92
+337|5736
I'd think they don't have the specific ammunition for their own guns.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6460|Chicago, IL
that much live ammunition going unaccounted for for long periods of time is a safety hazard, things may "go missing"
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6582|Mountains of NC

1. things get lost ........
2. things get " accidently " sold
3. things get stolen
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5372|London, England

Bradt3hleader wrote:

lowing wrote:

I'm sure trained soldiers (The majority) aren't that messed up.
No, lowing is correct. There's drinking and fighting going on every weekend and having a law that requires all weapons to be locked in the arms room prevents little petty fights from escalating like they do in the ghetto. Soldiers will defend themselves and fight for each other when there is a common enemy but when there isn't they're just as likely to fight amongst each other.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6728|US
The military doesn't trust its troops very much (with some evidence to back that idea).
Another concern is security.  If only uniformed security/CID has firearms, it is easy to ID potential threats (i.e. anyone not authorized to be armed).

I would appreciate allowing CCW for those who choose to get licensed, but bases are federal instalations and fall under the same laws as post offices, etc.  It is a no-carry zone, unless you are required to carry for a job.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6482
Aside from points already brought up, it's not like the base is going to get attacked. Sure this sounds kinda dumb after the Fort Hood incident, but how many times have soldiers needed their weapons when they were sitting around in the base?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6477|cuntshitlake

There is no point.
Stuff would get stolen.
Weapons would be misused.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6162|'straya
Also lets face it, in many cases having your M16 on your at all times would be quite inconvenient.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
Too heavy?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

CameronPoe wrote:

Too heavy?
No, it's just a pain in the ass because you have to make sure it's with arm's reach at all times and doesn't get lost or stolen etc.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5715|College Park, MD
Wait, so how did the Fort Hood shooter get guns into the base? Shouldn't the MPs at the gate check for that?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6166|what

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Wait, so how did the Fort Hood shooter get guns into the base? Shouldn't the MPs at the gate check for that?
Smuggled them in, bribed the guards, broke into an ammo stockpile.

It'll prob be known as the investigation continues. There are too many unknowns at this point.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
WienerBreath
Hai guys
+14|5515|Fort Hood, Texas
They don't search every car at the gate. They randomly check cars. If you have a military ID card you can get on with no problem. He could have had them for awhile or hid them in his car and got lucky that he didn't get check. It is a secure place, but if somebody in the military wanted to get something onto base then they could most likely.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Some people search every 10th car, some people search every Toyota, some people search every SUV etc. Completely arbitrary and 'random'. Odds are good that your car won't get searched going through the gate. I used to pick every officer to search when I was on gate guard so he would've been caught
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6730

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Some people search every 10th car, some people search every Toyota, some people search every SUV etc. Completely arbitrary and 'random'. Odds are good that your car won't get searched going through the gate. I used to pick every officer to search when I was on gate guard so he would've been caught
Think its because he's a Major and well known as a psychologist on the base, I'm thinking that could be it.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6728|US
Having airport style security would be difficult, given the roughly 50,000 people who work there.  There is enough security to throw off people who aren't familiar or trying to bluff their way through, but people generally don't suspect the psychologist who works there to be prepping for mass murder.

When you go through security every day, and have all the proper credentials, it is not that difficult to slip a shoebox's worth of stuff through.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Think its because he's a Major and well known as a psychologist on the base, I'm thinking that could be it.
There's 40,000+ people on post. No one is going to recognize some dipshit therapist.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard