Skalinki
+1|5263
Has anyone heard a strange laugh during gameplay, its like very soft and sort of in the backround, it does'nt sound like any of the army kit characters, and could almost sound like a taunt laugh. I have heard it a few times, and is very rare, i have also heard it without being in a squad, so its not anyones VOIP sending it. it sounds almost like a naughty evil little laugh

I am not sure if its part of the game, or some other application that allows for the sound to be played.

Has anyone heard this before? and maybe know what it is from?
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country
It was introduced when they bought out BF 2142 and I think it is triggered by spotting someone as they get killed.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

It has something to do with spotting the commander I think.  I think if you spot the commander when he is dead you let out a laugh...something like that.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6297|England

VspyVspy wrote:

it is triggered by spotting someone as they get killed.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال

JakAttaK wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

it is triggered by spotting someone as they get killed.
...by one shot kill?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country
Maybe, I'm not sure.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
Thats always what I thought. You spot an enemy and the same second he gets killed by head shot.

Last edited by Beduin (2009-11-04 22:09:46)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool
Same second I believe, no headshot required
Skalinki
+1|5263
so i am not crazy by hearing voices..lol....shhhew... one day i will sit there spotting and see if it works.. thanks okes
baggs
+732|6175

Skalinki wrote:

so i am not crazy by hearing voices..lol....shhhew... one day i will sit there spotting and see if it works.. thanks okes
I wouldn't bother, it's pretty random, sometimes i'll hear it twice in one round and then maybe not for a week or two.
Skalinki
+1|5263

baggs wrote:

Skalinki wrote:

I wouldn't bother, it's pretty random, sometimes i'll hear it twice in one round and then maybe not for a week or two.
yeah, its like this for me aswell, i'm not worried about it or anything, was just curious as to how it was being played.

Last edited by Skalinki (2009-11-05 00:42:17)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6687
found it... lol

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-11-05 01:43:32)

Love is the answer
Skalinki
+1|5263
lol..its the laugh from the bottem youtube clip,,, nice work finding that one
LukcyStrike1331
+5|5404
yeah i hear it almost every time i play, it often happens when im about to kill someone with sniper or something and when someone one second before me fires and kills him.
_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6492|Polish state of EU
laugh appears when you spot someone just before the moment he gets killed.

/thread
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Facts:
  • There are 3 different laughing sounds. You can find them as .ogg files in one of the .zip files in your installation directory.
  • These sounds are taunts that where granted to players who registered their BF2 account in the old BF2142 veteran program (For some people that registration form allegedly still works by pressing enter to send, because the button has been removed long ago.)
  • The taunt is triggered by spotting an enemy the second he is killed, regardless who killed the enemy.
  • The taunt system is said to be bugged heavily, working for some, not working for others and even working for people who never registered as a veteran.
  • You can hear the laughing of nearby soldiers on the field if you are in the vicinity.
Things I don't know:
  • Whether you hear your own laughing if you taunt an enemy.
  • Whether the killed enemy hears the laughing regardless of distance, i.e. via radio.

I have never heard a taunt after or at the same time that I have been killed.
I only heard the laughing from others around me, not myself, so I don't know if I have ever successfully taunted a dead enemy.
Skalinki
+1|5263
actually happend to me again tonight, a guy was teamkilled by his own arty, and i spotted him at the exact time with another player next to me, either one of us could have taunted, but i heard it then again.

its actually quite a funny laugh
Tankbuster=44=
+18|5440|Scotland
It sometimes happens to me when I kill someone with a headshot.
FriiginChomper
+41|6672
haha thats pretty cool
Tankbuster=44=
+18|5440|Scotland
Ye its happens rarely to me though but its cool when it does.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard