Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK
Recently got myself back into a bit of running everyday with the hopes of completing a few medium distance (5k-10k) races in the near future. Just interested if any of you are competition-goers, avid runners, or just if you go for a jog round the he park every once in a while.

Anyway I didn't see any topic dedicated to running so here's a general topic

Last edited by Simon (2009-11-06 13:19:20)

baggs
+732|6175
when i was 15/16 i used to run for the local fire brigade, we were competitive in local relays and we won most of them. i've since started running again, i had to stop playing football due to the toll it takes on my right knee, which incidently seems to be an injury from years running on poor footwear. ironic somehow

where i live now, it's perfect for running, even at night. i went for a moonlit run on Monday along down to the bay and along to the next, bathed in just enough moonlight to not fall into the sea

so i bought some new adidas and if i keep at running, i will invest in something professional. i've been back at the gym for about 6 months too, loving it!
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5735|Belgium
I'm a fast runner. I think I could be quite good at running if I had put some more effort in it if I was younger... I only really discovered that I'm fast and a good jumper not so long ago (when I was 16)... such a shame
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6229|B.C. Canada
I absolutely hated running. But I forced myself to go for a run about 4 times a week because I am in the process of joining the military. Anyway, its 8 months later and now I can say I actually enjoy going out for a run. I love the feeling afterward when your legs feel like jelly.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I go for a jog every once in a while, but it's shit boring by myself. I always walk my dog and I'll say "okay, let's run" and he'll take off with me next to him.

I've found after a short while it gets much easier, you can run longer, etc.

You don't need a strict routine to see some improvement, so start slow and work your way up.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5369|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

I go for a jog every once in a while, but it's shit boring by myself. I always walk my dog and I'll say "okay, let's run" and he'll take off with me next to him.

You don't need a strict routine to see some improvement, so start slow and work your way up.
Running alone is pure torture. Music helps a little though.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

edlT wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

yeah i've been running alone with my music being the only company i have.. trying to coax my friends into joining though :p
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616

edlT wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

yeah running with someone is much better, especially with a girl or I mean a girl with a nice rack hehee and who not fugly 2, ah yeah regarding running alone, I do it sometimes, but usually walk instead of running but run sometimes on a track there is one right down the street from my house so thats kind of nice

Last edited by blademaster (2009-11-06 15:20:38)

1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State
go out for a mile or two every night. i'm getting my sexy for the winter
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
only at the gym so I can watch espn
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6478
I don't like running that much, but since I got here in BC there are very beautiful trails which I have started to run a couple times a week.  I've been feeling really good lately after each run, very rewarding! I love to hate it, you could say!
Hakei
Banned
+295|5966
I've done a few marathons, 50k ultra.

Plan to do a 7 days of 100 km across Australia in about 12 months.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

Hakei wrote:

I've done a few marathons, 50k ultra.

Plan to do a 7 days of 100 km across Australia in about 12 months.
nice dude, how long have you been running seriously for?
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
I ran 6 miles 2 weeks back, I don't know how far that is for you metricfags. Once first mile is out the way if you've eaten well and hydrated well you feel like you can do 20 miles. All about having a litre of water beforehand.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

jord wrote:

I ran 6 miles 2 weeks back, I don't know how far that is for you metricfags. Once first mile is out the way if you've eaten well and hydrated well you feel like you can do 20 miles. All about having a litre of water beforehand.
that's nearly 10k, what was your time?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Yeah the beginning is always the hardest, once you've broken that "wall" though everything becomes much easier. Suddenly the legs feel like they can go forever
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

Simon wrote:

jord wrote:

that's nearly 10k, what was your time?
It wasn't a timed thing it was squadded and we had to keep running back and snaking so slow people could catch up. If I was gonna do it timed (I'm slow so I never will) I'd do it on flat surfaces. I hated running at the start but once you get the start out of the way it's enjoyable, especially with nice surroundings and weather. Which is rare now.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

I did really competitive racing in high school (16min 5k, 22min 7k, etc) but dropped it after going to university.  Once I get over being sick I plan on getting back into it and getting in shape for next cross country season. 
Plus runner girls + spandex =

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard