Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I got it so that I can use the special infected in the demo. Charger = RAEP MASHINEEN! Spitter was pretty fun too, and I never had a good opportunity to use the Jockey. Also the Smoker seems fucked somehow, like I am in range of a survivor, and I have a clear shot but but still can't grab him, and also sometimes when I do have a shot, say I am looking at Coach, I end up pulling Nick who's no where near where I am aiming at.

Also Hunter seems to be easier to pounce people, and Boomer I haven't noticed any differences.
I thought they "fixed" the smoker back in L4D?!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Also the Smoker seems fucked somehow, like I am in range of a survivor, and I have a clear shot but but still can't grab him, and also sometimes when I do have a shot, say I am looking at Coach, I end up pulling Nick who's no where near where I am aiming at.
You didn't notice it constantly doing that in the first game?

Sisco10 wrote:

Yes. They "fixed" him lots of times.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-11-06 10:31:30)

Sisco
+493|6313

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Also the Smoker seems fucked somehow, like I am in range of a survivor, and I have a clear shot but but still can't grab him, and also sometimes when I do have a shot, say I am looking at Coach, I end up pulling Nick who's no where near where I am aiming at.
You didn't notice it constantly doing that in the first game?

Sisco10 wrote:

Yes. They "fixed" him lots of times.
Funny, that it got worse again, after all the "fixes".
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
So....anyone up for a game? I'm somewhat looking to play with people who aren't terrible and have mics, so I'm sure some of you qualify. I'm just waiting on Steam right now for a few of my friends to get it, too.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6382|Belgium
Is there like a bf2s group? Because I'd love to play with people who actually have mics. I've ran into just one person with a mic this evening... I thought this game was designed around co-op, not just 4 lone wolves.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The problem is though that you get in a game with a good group of people once every 20 games or so if you're lucky. Most of my L4D time was spent in frustration, either at people leaving as soon as you start winning (this happens nearly every round and you end up back in the lobby), or people joining to annoy others, as it is a very easy-to-grieve game. Either that or the people you play against plain suck so you only get to play infected for about 1 minute before they all die and you have to play as the boring survivors again straight away after a long slog as them. And the L4D team, as always, did nothing whatsoever to try and improve the gameplay.
Bad to hear, but how can you really blame that on the game itself?
You find stupid people and annoying griefers and teamkillers in about every game.
A developer can't really do anything against those people, except for disabling all friendly-fire, PVP collisions and about every other interaction that make games fun.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

downloaded today, i absolutely love the machete and im jizzing my pants at the thought of the katana
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

globefish23 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The problem is though that you get in a game with a good group of people once every 20 games or so if you're lucky. Most of my L4D time was spent in frustration, either at people leaving as soon as you start winning (this happens nearly every round and you end up back in the lobby), or people joining to annoy others, as it is a very easy-to-grieve game. Either that or the people you play against plain suck so you only get to play infected for about 1 minute before they all die and you have to play as the boring survivors again straight away after a long slog as them. And the L4D team, as always, did nothing whatsoever to try and improve the gameplay.
Bad to hear, but how can you really blame that on the game itself?
You find stupid people and annoying griefers and teamkillers in about every game.
A developer can't really do anything against those people, except for disabling all friendly-fire, PVP collisions and about every other interaction that make games fun.
Yes I can blame it on the game itself. If they had just created a 4v4 matchmaking system back when the game was relevant, instead of waiting for it to die first, it would have been a simple case of looking for 4 likeminded other people in a group instead of 4 random people, and thus end up playing against people that a) work together and b) won't all leave instantly.

Instead the L4D team decided to just put it on the backburner while they churned out their sequel (which will have this 4v4 feature at launch btw).

Anyway, TF2 has no friendly fire and no PvP collisions and it works incredibly well.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-11-07 03:59:57)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
You can't really compare TF2 to L4D because the dynamics of the game are quite different.

That being said, I can completely understand why someone would not like this game if they jump straight into MP and played with people like I just did. These people were none too bright, as they all seemed to want to go off in their own direction (quite funny when we all ended up going 4 ways in the park). I was the only one with a mic and they didn't seem to want to type for communication either. General poor play resulted in multiple times down, with one guy I was convinced was being a griefer, since he would run straight for spitter goo and boomers whenever possible in addition to shooting gas cans and throwing molotovs at the feet of the rest of us. So yeah, if that was my first round experienced here, it would be very off-putting from the game.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
I just want them to fix the melee when the full game is released.

Melee in this game seems even more broken then it is in l4d and it shits me off
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

DesertFox- wrote:

You can't really compare TF2 to L4D because the dynamics of the game are quite different.

That being said, I can completely understand why someone would not like this game if they jump straight into MP and played with people like I just did. These people were none too bright, as they all seemed to want to go off in their own direction (quite funny when we all ended up going 4 ways in the park). I was the only one with a mic and they didn't seem to want to type for communication either. General poor play resulted in multiple times down, with one guy I was convinced was being a griefer, since he would run straight for spitter goo and boomers whenever possible in addition to shooting gas cans and throwing molotovs at the feet of the rest of us. So yeah, if that was my first round experienced here, it would be very off-putting from the game.
L4D random multiplayer sucks, the teams are always horribly lopsided

It is, however, epic with friends
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
I found it somewhat laggy, although I could host a LAN and have max graphics in L4D and run flawlessly
Sisco
+493|6313

S.Lythberg wrote:

I found it somewhat laggy, although I could host a LAN and have max graphics in L4D and run flawlessly
This. Been playing a few rounds yesterday.

Game needs some serious polish, apart from that I was incredibly underwhelmed.
Special Infected don´t behave clever, yes they attack at the same time now, but they got more problems navigating the map than before.
Guns look different, but there is no difference between the regular shotgun and the chrome one. Throwing Boomerbile at Tanks is really fun though.

All in all, I´m not getting it for full price. I might, if they get some discount for L4D1 owners going.

Also, what is up with the FOV? It´s like xbox-all-up-in-ma-face?! Wtf

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard