Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY
That is such BS. There needs to be like a group of you Aussies that does a bunch of clever things to bring down the OFLC
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
I'll be interested to see exactly what is being cut from the game.

Most of the guys i play l4d with have already bought it so that means i probably will too, but i'd like to think i'm not missing out on too much. That or some crafty modder comes up with a way round it/valve updates with a patch so we can play the full version.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Valve won't release a patch. They were only going to do that if the appeal went through, which it hasn't.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
It's been bought now.

Now to wait to see what happens with regards to restoring the gore.

Last edited by Rod Foxx (2009-10-28 21:24:45)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

Video comparing.

Fuck you australian rating system. FUCK.... YOU!
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

for fuck sake, why is there less gore than the 1st one?
Chou
+737|6761

tazz. wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH7QCtua … r_embedded

Video comparing.

Fuck you australian rating system. FUCK.... YOU!
lol, I simply miss the entire point of Aussie cutting this game because of the gore, they scared people are going to buy a chainsaw and blame it on the game later?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
What annoys me the most is, that in the censored version there will be no riot cop infected spawning and consecutively, if a player with the censored version joins a game, no riot cops are showing for everyone, even if they have the uncut version.

This was allegedly done to get past the German rating system and since there's only one censored version, Australians will also get that one.
People have already said that they will kick/ban players with German and Australian IPs to avoid having reduced features.
Well, as a consolation we get extremely awesome Counterstrike weapons...

Why couldn't they just have changed that riot cop to some regular zombie carrying some armor/shield thing in front of it in the censored version?
Why cutting it entirely, then forcing everybody else's client to adapt?

Basically, we're getting German censorship applied to all other countries now, because Valve bowed to it.

Actually, Australians are not really a problem, because they are locked on their island anyway with their shitty trans-oceanic internet connection.
Also, Germans most likely won't bother players in the Americas, but in Europe they will fuck up a lot of servers.

But hey, Couterstrike weapons!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
What counter strike weapons?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

globefish23 wrote:

What annoys me the most is, that in the censored version there will be no riot cop infected spawning and consecutively, if a player with the censored version joins a game, no riot cops are showing for everyone, even if they have the uncut version.

This was allegedly done to get past the German rating system and since there's only one censored version, Australians will also get that one.
People have already said that they will kick/ban players with German and Australian IPs to avoid having reduced features.
Well, as a consolation we get extremely awesome Counterstrike weapons...

Why couldn't they just have changed that riot cop to some regular zombie carrying some armor/shield thing in front of it in the censored version?
Why cutting it entirely, then forcing everybody else's client to adapt?

Basically, we're getting German censorship applied to all other countries now, because Valve bowed to it.

Actually, Australians are not really a problem, because they are locked on their island anyway with their shitty trans-oceanic internet connection.
Also, Germans most likely won't bother players in the Americas, but in Europe they will fuck up a lot of servers.

But hey, Couterstrike weapons!
Gee, sorry.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What counter strike weapons?
These five:
http://www.l4d-game.de/das-spiel/besond … t-version/

Cheez wrote:

Gee, sorry.
Well, I have the uncut version myself, so, missing one type of enemy is still way better than having reduced gore and everything else missing in the censored version.
Seeing that you're from Australia, I should more likely be sorry for you...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

I feel your pain Globefish, as I occupy the small often overlooked nation next to Australia and pretty much always play with Aussies I very rarely get a game with riot squad infected.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY
Wow the whole censorship thing is retarded. That video globefish posted almost makes me angry how they have put together all the footage for this shit but block out all the actual gameplay. (killing) Also in that video, the page mislabels the Krieg sniper rifle as the Sig 552, and the scout in game footage is fucked up. It looks like some noob modders just threw the guns into the game.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6593|EU

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Australia

Boycotting L4D2 so you don't have to.
yea, that is fucking hilarious, sucks to live in AU...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Noobpatty wrote:

mislabels the Krieg sniper rifle as the Sig 552
Actually, all the weapons in CS:S had made-up names, sounding similar to the original.
"Krieg" was the made-up name for the Swiss weapons manufacturer SIG.
"Schmidt" was the made-up name for the Austrian weapons manufacturer Steyr.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard