icecold2510
+31|6291
watching gangland on history channel going to bed later then school

this IS just like twitter except it saves every tweet so you can go back to the past!

Last edited by icecold2510 (2009-11-01 19:29:03)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

More people who don't know how to do something right so they assume it's shit.

liquidat0r wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

But I've heard about people using them for news updates and stuff??
Well some news companies have news feeds. Such as http://twitter.com/cnnbrk

And if you want music news then you could follow something like NME Magazine, or for Tech news you could follow Engadget. Or perhpas NASA interests you.

As some examples.

I follow quite a lot of bands/artists - they often announce gig dates, new music, and etc via their twitter accounts. Similar to being on a band's mailing list.
This

Hey I have invites for brizzly if anyone want to try it: http://bit.ly/RmTsF
Very cool.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5976|Blue Mountain State
twatter
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

Kmarion wrote:

i dont know how to give a blowjob but i know i wouldnt like it.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5976|Blue Mountain State
doubt that
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

doubt that
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398
*spam reported
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Red Forman wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

i dont know how to give a blowjob but i know i wouldnt like it.
I bet you do (know how).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5996

chuyskywalker wrote:

Surely Andriod has some kind of RSS application, in that case.
Most of them are all actually just Google Reader sync apps. That one android-rss app that someone linked to is really the only true one, I guess. There are actually quite a few good PAY RSS apps, but I ain't spending money on any of my apps. I prefer free.

That being said, I've worked out my issues with Google Reader and downloaded NewsRob (got the best reviews on sites I was searching yesterday). Seems to be OK for the moment. I got Download Squad, CNN, Engadget and one other at the moment. Need to add some more later on to Google Reader. But first - Databank homework!

btw - http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays whoever posted that: karma if you reply here - that shit is great

Last edited by CapnNismo (2009-11-02 11:12:00)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6477|Somewhere else

I'm Jamesey wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ATG wrote:

It's for twits.
It's for people who are nobodies, who want to feel like they are somebody by having people follow the boring minutiae of their shitty and pointless existences.
you're projecting, pal
???
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ATG wrote:

It's for twits.
It's for people who are nobodies, who want to feel like they are somebody by having people follow the boring minutiae of their shitty and pointless existences.  Which those people following them are either friends, or are following twitterers because their lives are even more pointless and shitty than the people they are following, or are following twitteres for reasons that are perverse, or a combination of all those possibilities.

Or, as ATG said... twits.
big fucking right on the money.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

CapnNismo wrote:

btw - http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays whoever posted that: karma if you reply here - that shit is great
He's a very popular one.

Try this guy out : http://twitter.com/FATHERKELLY
Bio: Disgruntled Catholic Priest. Seemed like a wise career choice at the time.
I wouldn't mind being a Cardinal if they were called Eagles or Hawks. But Cardinals? Just sounds... kinda gay.

They should paint "NOT A CULT VAN" on the side of our creepy Young Life vans. It's KIND of a cult but you know what I mean.

You gotta admit, "stigmata" sounds like a bug. "Lookout! There's a stigmata crawling on you!"...See? I told you.

In car w/ Father Ted he says,"Look at the butt on that chick!" Turns around & it was a DUDE!" I almost drove off the road!

Fun Fact: Holy Water loses 80% of it's holyness when microwaved for more than 2 minutes.

A bird's loose in the church. Step 1: Tell Sister Ann to try & catch it w/ a pool skimmer. Step 2: Find my camera.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ATG wrote:

It's for twits.
It's for people who are nobodies, who want to feel like they are somebody by having people follow the boring minutiae of their shitty and pointless existences.  Which those people following them are either friends, or are following twitterers because their lives are even more pointless and shitty than the people they are following, or are following twitteres for reasons that are perverse, or a combination of all those possibilities.

Or, as ATG said... twits.
It's about following what matters to you. There is interesting things to follow on twitter. Things that aren't what your cousins, neighbors, sister is having for dinner. If you think small minded you get small minded results.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
To be honest I've only ever seen it "useful" for famous people or organisations/news etc.. as for ordinary folk like Dave across the street, I don't think even Dave's mum gives a shit enough to look at Dave58's twitter profile and see what he's upto
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

To be honest I've only ever seen it "useful" for famous people or organisations/news etc.. as for ordinary folk like Dave across the street, I don't think even Dave's mum gives a shit enough to look at Dave58's twitter profile and see what he's upto
Following "ordinary people" or even celebs is boring.

As far as news.. you often get updates on twitter before it makes mainstream news. I know this is the case for all of the NASA accounts. The same goes for sports. You can also get deals on twitter. Sometimes the zappos guy will tweet special promotions for his followers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Yeah that's what I mean, Twitter seems somewhat ok for certain things. Like for example it's interesting to read "tweets" from F1 racing teams or news organisations etc.. stuff like that. As for normal things, I think we can leave the nonsensical microblogging for bored people to facebook. Although bf2s still beats them all in terms of getting people to read the nonsense you feel like typing rite
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Agree 100%. Unfortunately some people think that (nonsensical microblogging) is the extent of twitter. Usually it's people who have never put any effort into it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398
nah
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Hey red I could point you towards some NASA accounts. I'm afraid you'd complain about them tweeting on your taxdollars time though
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

Kmarion wrote:

Hey red I could point you towards some NASA accounts. I'm afraid you'd complain about them tweeting on your taxdollars time though
no.  i accept that its a small amount no matter how much waste it is.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Ok, but they more than make up for it in generated revenue. Cut somewhere that actually means something.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398
you say that yet why do they get their budget cut then?  i guess you are right and the bean counters are wrong.  you should tweet them about it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Red Forman wrote:

you say that yet why do they get their budget cut then?  i guess you are right and the bean counters are wrong.  you should tweet them about it.
Their budget very much depends on their goals during the fiscal year. Imagine for a minute that the politicians that are making the decision react to uniformed citizens and make wrong choices. I know it's hard to believe, but try.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

Kmarion wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Their budget very much depends on their goals during the fiscal year. Imagine for a minute that the politicians that are making the decision react to uniformed citizens and make wrong choices. I know it's hard to believe, but try.
i know.  its the dumb people.  got it.

other countries seem to do just fine without it.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-11-02 14:18:35)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Red Forman wrote:

you should tweet them about it.
https://i34.tinypic.com/j5e5h3.jpg
hi thar

Other countries?
I take it you've never heard of the ESA.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard