FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
whats the difference between a level 10 huntsman and a level something else?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5404|USA
Nothing.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
it's all bullshit for idiots
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6749|Reality
yes currently it means nothing but who knows what the future brings...
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6158|what

One theory is that when you collect enough lvl 10's (or matching lvl whatevers) you can merge them and craft them into something else, like a hat.

But the lvl's have to match. So the mythical trading system everyone keeps thinking will eventuate would have some point.

There's nothing really concrete as to why, though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6161|Vancouver | Canada
Using a level 60 Huntsman would make you a higher level fag than using a level 10?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6670|NT, like Mick Dundee

DefCon-17 wrote:

Using a level 60 Huntsman would make you a higher level fag than using a level 10?

Learn to aim it well and you'll be next to unstoppable at short to mid range.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6275

Flecco wrote:

Learn to aim it well in the general direction of the enemy and you'll be next to unstoppable at short to mid range.
Fixed, taking the weapon's absurd hitreg into account.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
People bitch about the huntsman but it is half as strong as the normal rifle.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6275
A Sniper with a Huntsman can edge around a corner, fire when he can't even see the enemy due to its huge hitboxes, and instant kill anything with a 1 second charge.

The number of times I amble slowly to the front line as a Heavy, only to be instant killed by a Sniper at point blank range at a corner who didn't even have to aim at me is absurd. It's wrong. The Sniper is supposed to be the worst close combat class, and yet the Huntsman allows him to easily beat what is meant to be the best close combat class. Easily.

It's simply wrong. And broken.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
And an instant, undodgable 1 hit kill from any range is the pinnacle of balance.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6275

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

And an instant, undodgable 1 hit kill from any range is the pinnacle of balance.
The Sniper Rifle requires careful aiming against constantly moving targets, made more difficult by slightly behind hitboxes. The Huntsman on the other hand requires none of that and has nearly the same result.

What's really ironic is this. Here's the original 'objective' of the Huntsman.

Which brings us back to the Sniper Rifle unlockable. In an effort to reduce some of the aggravation that other players feel towards the Sniper, we chose the goal of designing an unlockable that encouraged the Sniper to get a little closer to his target. We want him to give up some of his primary advantage in return for something else, so that enemies he kills feel like they were engaged with them, and feel like they could have survived if they'd just managed to fight a little better.
And all they've done is make people hate the Huntsman so much that when they're killed by a Sniper using the rifle (rarely these days) I sit there quite happy knowing that at least the rifle user had to be skilled to kill me. They did the complete opposite of what they set out to do.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-11-08 10:06:28)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6505|so randum
i dont give a feck if people hate the huntsman, pinning scouts by their head to a wall mid jump is just fucking awesome.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6329|Graz, Austria
Use the flamethrower's air blast to reflect arrows back at the sniper.
And jarate too.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

The sniper rifle in TF2 isn't very balanced in a 1 on 1 situation, but TF2 is not a 1 on 1 game. Once teamwork shows up, simply being able to pull off a shot without getting spammed to death becomes much more difficult. Sometimes I still think the sniper rifle is out of place in TF2, but it's not like you can just pick it up and do well with it without lots of practice. So overall I'm ok with it.

Compare the huntsman to the sniper rifle, isn't it easy to see that the huntsman is ultimately much more limited than the rifle? thanks to its traveling time you don't have much range before the enemy can outright see your arrow coming and dodge it. At anything further than close range you can only hope you'll get a lucky hit, and unfortunately the chance of getting one is pretty high on most 32 man pubs. The huntsman takes away the effort/reward of the rifle and replaces it with something that makes "sniping" easier at the cost of never actually being able to get good at it.

Use the flamethrower's air blast to reflect arrows back at the sniper.
And jarate too.
Definitely fun to do on PL map corridor spamfests
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard