lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/30/ … index.html

He wants to open our borders to the plague of the 21st century. HIV Good stuff. The idocy of this guy knows no bounds.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6619|Canada
I had no clue they banned ppl from entering/immigrating if they had HIV... What do you all do with people who are already in your country with the virus? Deport them? Send them to another country? Because living with HIV means infecting the general populace, that is what I deduce since they were never allowed into the country in the first place...
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6761

lowing wrote:

He wants to open our borders to the plague of the 21st century.
I thought conservatives were already allowed in?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

destruktion_6143 wrote:

I had no clue they banned ppl from entering/immigrating if they had HIV... What do you all do with people who are already in your country with the virus? Deport them? Send them to another country? Because living with HIV means infecting the general populace, that is what I deduce since they were never allowed into the country in the first place...
No they get treatment.

Don't try to twist it anyway other than there is a ban on it because you don't want more people with a transmittable and deadly disease running around.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6687|San Francisco

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh snap!   
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Marconius wrote:

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh snap!   
You actually used the phrase, "Oh snap"? Oh well. What is next with you?, "pwned"?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/30/obama.hiv.aids/index.html

But if he wanted to deport everyone with HIV in America, you'd call him a fascist. That's just how lowing world works.

HIV Good stuff.
sig worthy

The idocy of this guy knows no bounds.
I lol'd.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Treat the ones already here, stop more from coming in.

Not a hard concept people.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

BN wrote:

lowing wrote:

Be careful you might lose your entitlement.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

But if he wanted to deport everyone with HIV in America, you'd call him a fascist. That's just how lowing world works.

HIV Good stuff.
sig worthy

I lol'd.
Nope I wouldn't

go ahead

As do I with your lack of contribution to this forum except, grading papers.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

HIV Good stuff.
sig worthy

I lol'd.
Nope I wouldn't

go ahead

My lack of contribution to this forum? Of course, that's the best you can come up with when you truly have no argument... a minor ad hominem attack. I wasn't aware you were actually grading everyone's performance in a debate section of a video game forum.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Why most we all be so angry and make it so personal here? Can't we all just get along to a degree and respect each other opinions? How exactly are we supposed to come to an agreement or even common slight common ground if we try to hard to hurt each other?

It's just terrible.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

lowing wrote:

HIV Good stuff.
sig worthy

I lol'd.
Nope I wouldn't

go ahead

My lack of contribution to this forum? Of course, that's the best you can come up with when you truly have no argument... a minor ad hominem attack. I wasn't aware you were actually grading everyone's performance in a debate section of a video game forum.
I am not, I judge you on your contribution, you judge me on my typos while typing fast., not my message.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6644|USA

Macbeth wrote:

Why most we all be so angry and make it so personal here? Can't we all just get along to a degree and respect each other opinions? How exactly are we supposed to come to an agreement or even common slight common ground if we try to hard to hurt each other?

It's just terrible.
you are not seriously including me in that comment I hope.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

lowing wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

It's just terrible.
you are not seriously including me in that comment I hope.
Not familiar with your entire body of work, but getting called HIV/AIDS in this thread I guess gets you a pass.

Personally if somebody called me a deadly disease I'd want to be pancreatic cancer.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6146|what

Isn't denying people treatment for such a disease one of the worst forms of human rights violation?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

Macbeth wrote:

It's just terrible.
fag
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6687|San Francisco

lowing wrote:

Marconius wrote:

BN wrote:

Oh snap!   
You actually used the phrase, "Oh snap"? Oh well. What is next with you?, "pwned"?
PWNED!  Yeah, you got told.

All that aside, I liked this part of the article:

Article wrote:

Obama made the announcement shortly before signing legislation extending federally funded HIV/AIDS treatment for hundreds of thousands of underinsured, low-income Americans.
Helping remove the stigma away from HIV/AIDS is a good thing, plus medical research isn't being capped anymore by an anti-science government.  It allows infected people a modicum of hope in the ongoing trial and treatment studies, rather than having them viewed as lost causes.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6404|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

Isn't denying people treatment for such a disease one of the worst forms of human rights violation?
No. It's not limited to HIV. It's called preventing people with various communicable diseases (not just HIV) from immigrating.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ijeL_u … mp;f=false

It's not unique to the US.

A visa may be denied for a number of reasons, some of which being that the applicant:

* has committed fraud or misrepresentation in his or her application
    * has a criminal record or has criminal charges pending
    * is considered to be a security risk
    * cannot prove to have strong ties to their current country of residence
    * intends to reside or work permanently in the country she/he will visit if not applying for an immigrant or work visa respectively
    * does not have a legitimate reason for the journey
    * has no visible means of sustenance
    * does not have travel arrangements (i.e. transport and lodging) in the destination country
    * does not have a health/travel insurance valid for the destination and the duration of stay
    * does not have a good moral character
    * is applying on excessively short notice
    * had their previous visa application(s) rejected and cannot prove that the reasons for the previous denials no longer exist or are not applicable anymore
    * is a citizen of a country with whom the host country has poor or non-existent relations
    * has a communicable disease, such as tuberculosis
    * has previous visa/immigration violations
    * has a passport that expires too soon
    * didn't use a previously issued visa at all without a valid reason (e.g. a trip cancellation due to a family emergency)
    * fails to demonstrate intent to return (for non-immigrants)
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
mikkel
+383|6594
I have to say I've always found the HIV ban on immigration to be absurd in contrast to the charge that the U.S. is taking in the fight against the disease, considering that the U.S. was one of only a handful of countries to enforce such a ban. It creates stigma, and it keeps many people who aren't at all likely to pose a risk to anyone from being with their loved ones.

HIV is clearly no longer an issue of cross-border containment. It's a global issue.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
You're pointing the fingers are the wrong person yet again.

Mr Obama added: "It will also take an effort to end the stigma that has stopped people from getting tested, that has stopped people from facing their own illness and that has sped the spread of this disease for far too long."

The process to lift the ban had begun under the administration of George W Bush.

This is all that is needed to be said:  "If we want to be the global leader in combating HIV/Aids, we need to act like it," Mr Obama said.

Well done USA.

source:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8334810.stm

Last edited by m3thod (2009-10-30 17:39:42)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
I'm mostly intrigued as to what magical device the US has been using to detect HIV in any and all people entering the country...
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6404|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

I'm mostly intrigued as to what magical device the US has been using to detect HIV in any and all people entering the country...
Again, not just the US.

When you apply for a visa, do you not have to provide some medical information, to include vaccination and certain other records (like TB tests)?

Nothing "magical" about it.

Last edited by FEOS (2009-10-30 21:06:49)

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6594|132 and Bush

m3thod wrote:

The process to lift the ban had begun under the administration of George W Bush.
It seems the wisdom was already at the table.

Use protection. https://kerry.fm/smile/Smilie/f_ok_20.gif
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6099|eXtreme to the maX
Australia effectively does not allow people to migrate here if they have HIV.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard