Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ … 37479?hd=1

Showing off the Hard Rain campaign. Looks really great. Also I noticed that the melee weapons take up the sidearm slot now, so instead of a handgun and melee, you get a long-gun and melee. Also the M16 and M1014 (AR and Auto Shotgun from L4D1) both get new reload animations.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
Looks great
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

Lucien wrote:

Looks great
This, unfortunately. Looks like what L4D should have been in the first place. Not so sure I want to buy it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Every L4D2 interview/preview makes me and . Especially when its has so many original and awesome ideas in it like Hard Rain does. And my copy of the original game, that I still feel tricked into buying, is sitting there looking shitter and shitter by the second, with no signs that that's going to change.

Edit: Also it looks like that old time tradition of getting people who are terrible at the game to play it in previews hasn't changed a bit. The part where the girl was trying to pour the gas into the generator made me facepalm.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-10-24 09:32:18)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Every L4D2 interview/preview makes me and . Especially when its has so many original and awesome ideas in it like Hard Rain does.
Yep. It's like L4D should have been just a beta, and L4D2 should be L4D release client.

[another idea i'd be fine with is if valve gave us L4D2 for half off if you own L4D, or make it an expansion..., or incorporate some L4D2 stuff into free updates]
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Sequels usually have improvements over what was good with the original.

If anything this proves that L4D2 will be new and unique enough over L4D1 to constitute the fact that it deserves to be a whole new game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Well as always, it comes back to this. And I will not just forget about that and happily buy a sequel, because I believe what they did is flat out wrong.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
I still don't see how enough has changed that it couldn't have been added to L4D.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
My question to you yoda is how much time have you spent playing l4d?

Personally i'm creeping toward 150 hours which i would say was worth the $25 i spent on it. Sure Valve said they would do all sorts of things with it but at the end of the day the game has paid for itself in my eyes.

Peter wrote:

I still don't see how enough has changed that it couldn't have been added to L4D.
Enough has changed. Otherwised it wouldn't be fucking censored in this shithole that i live in.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Rod Foxx wrote:

Peter wrote:

Enough has changed. Otherwised it wouldn't be fucking censored in this shithole that i live in.
Nice logic there.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
According to my stats page i've played for 118 hours. But I feel that's irrelevant, partly because I didn't enjoy a massive chunk of those hours due to mountains of balance problems, bugs and the complete lack of competition in-game, partly because i've spent a large amount of that time on the menu trying to play, and mostly because I didn't get what I payed for.

I don't buy games that have 1 year lifespans. That's what console players do, not fans of Valve's games. Or so I thought. When I bought L4D, I was under the impression I was making a long term investment. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Simple as that.

Now yes, i've had some good times with this game. Some great times even. But these times are far far outweighed by the sheer frustration of the rest of it, due to the lack of support or care from the L4D team.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

According to my stats page i've played for 118 hours. But I feel that's irrelevant, partly because I didn't enjoy a massive chunk of those hours due to mountains of balance problems, bugs and the complete lack of competition in-game, partly because i've spent a large amount of that time on the menu trying to play, and mostly because I didn't get what I payed for.

I don't buy games that have 1 year lifespans. That's what console players do, not fans of Valve's games. Or so I thought. When I bought L4D, I was under the impression I was making a long term investment. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Simple as that.

Now yes, i've had some good times with this game. Some great times even. But these times are far far outweighed by the sheer frustration of the rest of it, due to the lack of support or care from the L4D team.
Turtle Rock are evil.

It amazes me that Turtle Rock were taken in by Valve but Gearbox never were.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Flecco wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Turtle Rock are evil.

It amazes me that Turtle Rock were taken in by Valve but Gearbox never were.
thank fuck somebody else gets this. The massive amount of people whining about Valve never fucking shit up like this have no idea that it's not the same valve that's done everything right.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Whenever I complain about L4D, I specifically complain about the L4D team. I'm well aware that it's Turtle Rock that have been screwing us all over. They've really hurt Valve's image.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Whenever I complain about L4D, I specifically complain about the L4D team. I'm well aware that it's Turtle Rock that have been screwing us all over. They've really hurt Valve's image.
no doubt.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Does piss me a bit that TF2's team gets roped in to take up the slack too.

I want my fucking soldier/engy/demo unlocks before I have to leave here on work again. Not that I'll use them probs, but to have them would be nice.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I love how this is one of the most hated maps in L4D2 now, while generic, old Dead Center's become the No Mercy of the game.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
It's one of my favourites

Maybe because it's a bit of a challenge.

Plus the ending part is probably the easiest, IMO
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I love it too. The ending also gives zombies one of the best chances to sweep careless survivors to their doom.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard