TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

What was the name of the Mission?  Something to do with the Brotherhood?
I find a convenient place to put the main quest on hold is when they give you power armour training. Cause then you have power armour.
Doesn't matter with Broken Steel.. Just don't let the purifier explode and you can continue playing.
ah well there you go, I havent played any of the extra stuff.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Played most of the game as an evil character and ended up with a good character in the end.

Doesn't make much sense actually. Didn't poison the Purifier because I didn't want to end up nearly dying from Aqua Pura and I blew up the Enclave because I still want to do the side quest from the BOS and get hold of their items and such.

Sure did the right thing but it threw my evil karma all the way to good because I did the right thing even for the wrong reason
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Just go massacre a town. It's immensely fun and throws your karma into evil pretty quickly.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black
I'm resintalling, because I want to.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North
kill everything in tenpenny tower

that will send you to evil town pretty quick
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6677|Broadlands, VA
Frakkin' Broken Steel  - I seem to be at an impasse.
Chou
+737|6788

krazed wrote:

Tenpenny tower is 1 of the best places to do business, only a fool goes on a slaughter there.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Just sayin, that it doesn't make a lot of sense that the most self serving action actually sends you from pure evil to a good guy.

Last edited by Macbeth (2009-10-19 18:55:14)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North
wouldnt know, i blew them all away really early on lol
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5976|Blue Mountain State
didn't know they finally added the dlc stuff on the playstation. buying them all now. yay
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6351|West NY

Chou wrote:

krazed wrote:

Tenpenny tower is 1 of the best places to do business, only a fool goes on a slaughter there.
Bullshit. It sucks. They always have low caps reserves, shitty gear and items along with no one to repair your stuff.
Chou
+737|6788

Noobpatty wrote:

Chou wrote:

krazed wrote:

Bullshit. It sucks. They always have low caps reserves, shitty gear and items along with no one to repair your stuff.
Invest with trading & selling and it will get better.

Last edited by Chou (2009-10-22 04:07:28)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Chou wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Chou wrote:

uhm.. only the 4 caravans get better by investing in them... not the lonely shops around the wasteland...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK

FloppY_ wrote:

Chou wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

uhm.. only the 4 caravans get better by investing in them... not the lonely shops around the wasteland...
The one that gets a massive repair upgrade is dead I think I killed him for a schematic. I've got loads of caps I don't know what to do with them I'm just a jew.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

wah1188 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Chou wrote:

The one that gets a massive repair upgrade is dead I think I killed him for a schematic. I've got loads of caps I don't know what to do with them I'm just a jew.

Why dont you just repair yourself?

it is not like it is hard to reach maxxed stats

EDIT: I can't remember using the traders for much else than rare ammo...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-10-22 11:03:22)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6677|Broadlands, VA
OK - sorry - YOU CANNOT WALK PAST A BOTTLECAP MINE THREE TIMES!!!!!!!

Farkin' Enclave.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

I was never able to get a bottlecap mine to work I saw it had good power and kept trying to use it, but to no avail
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6351|West NY

FloppY_ wrote:

Why don't you just repair yourself?

it is not like it is hard to reach maxed stats

Try again. You need items of the same type to repair your gear, while traders do not.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

Noobpatty wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Try again. You need items of the same type to repair your gear, while traders do not.
lrn2GECK
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6351|West NY

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

lrn2GECK
Or just download a mod like that that I'm sure is already out there
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6444|Chicago, IL

mtb0minime wrote:

I was never able to get a bottlecap mine to work I saw it had good power and kept trying to use it, but to no avail
they're great for killing mirelurk hunters and super mutant masters
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
I had better preface this post. There's some spoilers, probably very minor, and I don't doubt you know it already, but I'm not going to bother fucking about with spoiler tags.

So I finally got to download the expansion packs. Completed them all, except Broken Steel.

I did The Pitt first. Fantastic expansion. Gave me another 2 nights of play time. Brilliant story line, awesome new weapons/apparel, the Trogs were quite... exciting. Well worth the money someone would pay for it.

Operation Anchorage was up next. Loved the stealthy mission at the start. Slicing some Commie scum with the new knife was pretty satisfying. It was very well made level too, it felt like one of those games you had to complete perfectly (or maybe it's just me being slightly OCDish), any time I was seen I quick loaded.

One thing that annoyed me was my companion, he repeated the same 3 lines of dialogue every time we saw an enemy. Hearing "I'm going to send you all the way back to the Great Wall" 50 times through the course of the mission somewhat makes it lack what little wit it had.

When I got to the main battle, after the stealth mission blowing up the big guns in the hills, I was, frankly, disapointed. Your strike squad was more like your very fragile glass squad. They'd maybe take out 2-3 enemies, but then they'd get their heads blown off very quickly, then you could radio base for more, rinse and repeat. I ended up not calling back more, they were just annoying me, and I'm pretty sure at least 3 missiles were aimed nearer me than any enemy.

The weapon packs also were a joke. It didn't take me long to realise that instead of only one pack per time, I could take one pack, drop all the gear, request another, and pick up the gear I dropped, voila, two packs. Repeat this for all three missions, and you have every gun available to you.

When the rest of the squad did work, however, it made for a very "holy shit" few moments, with lasers, bullets, missiles, grenades and everything else flying all over the place.

Once I had blown the objectives, (which was quite repetative, must say), it didn't take long to complete the last part of the expansion, and get into the Chinese Base. After reloading countless times and ending up restarting the game to fix a glitch in which the Chinese Commander didn't talk to me, it was a simple case of walking backwards dropping frag mines, and he was killed rather quickly.

I then left the simulation, and walked down the corridor to the vault, expecting loads of goodies. Instead, I got a glitch, where all the big men in power armor with big weapons fire at me. Greaaat. I loaded back, and what did I get? A glitch, where the commander wouldn't talk to me.

Once the game did actually sort itself out, and I got all my goodies, the glitch happened again, but by that time I had the chinese stealth suit, and was hidden.

On that note, the stealth suit. Completely ruined the game. Stealth is now far too easy and effective. You basically have an endless supply of Stealth Boys. Every weapon will kill anything with one shot, and you can stand infront of an enemy, and even have them walk into you, and you'll stay hidden.

It's way overpowered, which is quite hard to do in an SP game. It has been banished to my locker in Megaton, and I'm seriously considering selling it.

Same too to the Power Armor you receive, best armor in the game, and it doesn't deteriorate. At least the function isn't too OP.

Operation Anchorage spoilt the game for me a bit. Fallout 3 was always about being a very very very open game. This expansion pack makes it feel far too linear, at least in The Pitt you didn't go A-B-C you went A-C-D-A-B-E.

I didn't like this pack as much as The Pitt. The weapons and armour in that expansion were well balanced with the original game, whereas the gear you get from OpAnch will spoil the way you play the game.

In conclusion for OpAnch I wouldn't have payed for it. Very not-fallout.

Point Lookout was the next one I played. I felt it was much shorter than the other expansion packs, it only took me a few hours to complete. A bit heavier on resources, I don't know how consoles handled, since vanilla FO3 fried my brothers 360 GPU. My overall FPS dropped 5-7. (Which when you're only getting 40 max, hurts a bit).

The fighting scenes in the mansion were epic. I loved how the Ghoul (can't remember his name) didn't even ask you for help, he just told you. It was fantastic. The character was brilliantly voiced and scripted. The trip from the plant was hilarious, and brilliantly done. The guns etc in this game were much better balanced than OpAnch. Not much to say on this one, as it was a bit shorter than the rest. The endgame was a bit boring though. No challenge in it.

Mothership Zeta was the one I completed last. Again, the guns were very overpowered. The Alien Atomizer can put 4 rounds down range with VATS and at about 50 damage each, that's way too much. The gameplay was, again, a bit linear, and confusing at some points. Objectives were again a bit repetative, blow up so many of these to activate the teleporters, good job, oh wait they disabled the teleporters again...

The ending was really fun though, firing the death ray at the spaceship.

I also fired the death ray at Earth... oops. Hope that has no repercussions.

( player.forceav carryweight 5000 allows you to carry home in excess of 200 alien weapons, god knows how much caps that's worth )

A good expansion pack, worth the money, it puts a whole new spin on the game walking through a pristine environment instead of a destroyed wasteland. Again, a bit linear and overpowered weapons, but quite fun all the same.

tl;dr The Pitt - 5/5
Operation Anchorage - 2/5
Point Lookout - 4/5
Mothership Zeta - 4.5/5
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Thanks for the reviews
I think I'm gonna finally purchase the rest of the DLC (currently only have Broken Steel, and that was mainly for the level 30 cap). I really love FO3, but after going through and completing everything and doing all the achievements, I really don't feel like going back and playing through the game again (especially after I had started-stopped-restarted a few times before finally going through everything). However, I think these will add something fresh and let me squeeze just a little bit more play time out of the game (even if the hours:cost ratio is a bit low ). Also I'm an OCD achievement whore, so I feel the need to complete absolutely everything, and seeing that 1150/1550.

So by the looks of it, I guess I'll start with OA, then go to PL, MZ, then TP.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

mtb0minime wrote:

So by the looks of it, I guess I'll start with OA, then go to PL, MZ, then TP.
So you're going to get the worst and lead to the best?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard