mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6867|Sydney, Australia
My gear shipped today
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6642

mcminty wrote:

My gear shipped today
pics, er, sorry. just dawned on me . . .
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

Needed a quick way to access my IDE drives.  Was a pain in the ass mounting them to external housings.
Coolmax 15438 CD-350-COMBO Multifunctional Converter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 IDE/SATA Device

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550/31NICNxo94L__SL500_AA280_.jpg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6599|The Twilight Zone

Ilocano wrote:

Needed a quick way to access my IDE drives.  Was a pain in the ass mounting them to external housings.
Coolmax 15438 CD-350-COMBO Multifunctional Converter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 IDE/SATA Device

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550 … AA280_.jpg
Cool stuff. How much does it cost?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

.Sup wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11550 … AA280_.jpg
Cool stuff. How much does it cost?
Retail is $30, but I got it for $15 from Fry's.  It has a backup feature (button) too, but I've yet to test it out.

Just read some M/B fried reviews and corrupted data.  Had no problems using it a couple nights ago though.

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-10-21 18:17:30)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6342|Winland

I picked this up today today

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/LDAN.jpg

And in it rested these:

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/4311111.jpg

https://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Freezer7Pro/43112-1.jpg

They're sex.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-10-22 10:37:05)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6431|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Am I the only one who thinks the package looks like it has been tumbling down a flight of stairs?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6559|Finland

FloppY_ wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the package looks like it has been tumbling down a flight of stairs?

Package looks just fine... Haven't shipped heavy stuff around much, eh?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

nop, nothing bigger than my Centurion 590 case which arrived in mint condition without a corner of the box bent...

tbh, if anyone buys something that big in denmark you might aswell drive for it yourself instead of paying for it, small country etc
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yeah, packages I ship internationally look exactly like that.  And I use freightforwarding companies.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6342|Winland

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

nop, nothing bigger than my Centurion 590 case which arrived in mint condition without a corner of the box bent...

tbh, if anyone buys something that big in denmark you might aswell drive for it yourself instead of paying for it, small country etc
I was a bit worried when I saw the size of the package (barely larger than the speakers) and the "UPS" logo, knowing all the horror stories related to them. But it's just that that package has travelled across half the globe that has left its mark. The seller works with packaging professionally, so I guess it isn't too surprising.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-10-22 11:17:02)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FloppY_
­

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

I was a bit worried when I saw the size of the package and the "UPS" logo, knowing all the horror stories related to them. But it's just that that package has travelled half across the globe that has left its mark. The seller works with packaging professionally, so I guess it isn't too surprising.
Who the **** orders speakers from across the globe???

let alone used ones >.<
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6342|Winland

FloppY_ wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I was a bit worried when I saw the size of the package and the "UPS" logo, knowing all the horror stories related to them. But it's just that that package has travelled half across the globe that has left its mark. The seller works with packaging professionally, so I guess it isn't too surprising.

let alone used ones >.<
Because, even with the truly horrendous shipping fees and taxes included, it's still a far, far better deal than anything I can get locally.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6713|NYC / Hamburg

Are these the awesome speakers you were talking about?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FloppY_
­

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

let alone used ones >.<
Because, even with the truly horrendous shipping fees and taxes included, it's still a far, far better deal than anything I can get locally.
lol, so the finnish aren't as awesome as you claim,, can't even get decent electronics?

Kick Russia's arse: Check
Import popular hardware: FAIL

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-10-22 11:30:25)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

FloppY_ wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

let alone used ones >.<
lol, so the finnish aren't as awesome as you claim,, can't even get decent electronics?

It's not about not being able to get them locally, but about getting them cheaper by importing them. 

As dumb as it sounds, there are International suppliers you can get things like console games cheaper than if bought locally, albeit via freight ship delivery timetable.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6342|Winland

max wrote:

Are these the awesome speakers you were talking about?
Indeed. 630€ well spent!

FloppY_ wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

let alone used ones >.<

Finns love cheap stuff. I could get fifty pairs of semi-cheap, semi-crap speakers for almost free. Hell, I already have fifty pairs of semi-cheap, semi-crap speakers that I got for almost nothing. The MSRP for these was $300 a piece ($1500 today including inflation). Far too much for any greedy finn to spend.
FloppY_
­

Ilocano wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

It's not about not being able to get them locally, but about getting them cheaper by importing them. 

As dumb as it sounds, there are International suppliers you can get things like console games cheaper than if bought locally, albeit via freight ship delivery timetable.
It is called parralel-import, and is illegal by law in Denmark and maybe elsewhere, for a good reason...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6812

FloppY_ wrote:

It is called parralel-import, and is illegal by law in Denmark and maybe elsewhere, for a good reason...
Ouch.  Not so much in the States.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6884|Toronto | Canada

Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1

I <3 them

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2009-10-23 23:57:20)

GR34
+215|6690|ALBERTA> CANADA
dil do
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6342|Winland

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I <3 them
I thought they didn't make those anymore!
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6126|Toronto

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I <3 them
This was a good buy. It makes me happy.
I like pie.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6884|Toronto | Canada

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I <3 them
I thought they didn't make those anymore!
They dont, bought them used   The guy I bought them from added passive cooling to them too since they frequently overheated

And thanks TSI, its all because of you
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6590|EE Chat
https://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/8703/8703414_sa.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard