Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
Iran threatens to invade Pakistan, "crushing response" for US, UK

Debka wrote:

The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) Maj. Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafary, Monday, Oct. 19, threatened "crushing" retaliation against the US, UK and Pakistan including the invasion of its eastern neighbor. Tehran links all three to the suicide bombing attack in Sistan-Baluchistan Sunday, Oct. 18, which killed 42 people including seven senior Guards officers. One was Gen. Nur Ali Shoustari, Jafari's deputy, who was identified by DEBKAfile's counter-terror sources as commander of the al Qods clandestine terror bases in Iraq, Pakistan, Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

Jafary said: "Behind this scene are the American and British intelligence apparatus and there will have to be retaliatory measures to punish them."

DEBKAfile's Iranian sources note that is the first time in Iran's 30-year Islamic revolution that a military leader has gone to the extreme lengths of threatening to strike US and British military targets, a measure of the damage the regime and Guards suffered from the suicide attack, which has since been condemned and denied by Washington.

Jafari expanded on his charge by saying: "New evidence has been obtained proving the link between yesterday's terror attack and the US, British and Pakistani intelligence services." He spoke of evidence showing that all three supported the group. "A delegation would soon travel to Pakistan to present it," he said.

A military official in Tehran then suggested Iran might launch a military thrust into Pakistan against the group blamed for the attack. Lawmaker Payman Forouzesh said: "There is even unanimity that these operations (could) take place in Pakistan territory."
Is this just vibrato or is this guy serious?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

If it happens, the only reason question becomes who drops the first Nuclear weapon.

Pakistan, the UK, or the US.

And they would each be justified in doing so.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

AussieReaper wrote:

If it happens, the only reason question becomes who drops the first Nuclear weapon.

Yeah uh I think Iran forgot about the whole Pakistan has a hundred nukes thing.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Spark wrote:

Well that's only because most of them are pointed at India. lol
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

AussieReaper wrote:

Spark wrote:

Well that's only because most of them are pointed at India. lol
i would reckon it aint that tough to point them elsewhere
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
so, they're all for playing the proxy-war game until they get bit?  Are they gunna photoshop their elite combat units into the Paki countryside?  fucking sandpeople.
BVC
+325|6666
Anything could happen...some possible scenarios:
Iran could use the Pakistani threat as justification for getting some of it's own nukes.
It could end up being a three-way between Iran, Pakistan and US & Co.
Pakistan and Iran could have a secret alliance, making out they're enemies and they may then have a go at Afghanistan...I reckon they'd have initial success, but that such an action would end with tears before bed time.
The US and Iran could become unlikely allies against Pakistan.

One things for sure: Pakistan would be reluctant to drop a nuke on anyone, as they know it would be game over for them if they did.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

AussieReaper wrote:

Don't see how any of them would be justified.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
US should overtake Iran. Now they control Central Asia
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Dilbert_X wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Don't see how any of them would be justified.
I don't think there are any better pretexts for a nuclear retaliation than an aggressive invasion by a hostile foreign power?

Last edited by Spark (2009-10-20 00:11:27)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I see, so Saddam would have been justified in nuking New York?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Iran have failed so many UN sanctions, protocols, continues to threaten every neighbour in the region, threatens Israel, could become a terrorist training ground and safe haven, sure I see it as justified if they are hit with extreme prejudice.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

Dilbert_X wrote:

With that yellow cake uranium he bought from Niger.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
It is a bluff
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
quite plainly for the above reasons
~ Richard Feynman
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
If Iran actually followed through with any of its threats then the war between the US, UK, Israel and Iran would already be fought and over.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OTOH If Iranian and Syrian intelligence had set up a bombing at the Pentagon and killed multiple US Generals the US would be jumping up and down.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6193|Brisneyland
They arent serious. Theres no way they would win. Its just a very elaborate way to try and hide the face that the Iranian govt isnt in control, and that the people arent happy with the govt, allowing even more extreme elements to surface.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

If Iraq had the ability to nuke New York, the US would never ever have invaded Iraq in the first place. Same reason why Iran wants nukes. Same sort of reason all the countries that have nukes, have nukes. It's a game changer. Going back to Iraq/USA, even though we all know the US would just nuke Iraq to hell and back, and back to hell if they did nuke NYC, they wouldn't want to risk NYC getting nuked in the first place regardless.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

I lold at the vid of their cabinet screaming 'death to America!' even though it was carried out by Pakistani militants.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
Iranians seem to forget that being Shiite-Persian is enough to make Sunni-Arabs want to kill them.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6685|US
If Iran actually had proof of involvement, they might be able to justify some action.
...I'm not holding my breath.

...It's not like Pakistan has control within its own borders.  If the US can conduct strikes, so can Iran.  The question becomes: What consequences would that bring?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England

S.Lythberg wrote:

Iranians seem to forget that being Shiite-Persian is enough to make Sunni-Arabs want to kill them.
Except it's not Arabs, but Sunni nonetheless

It has to do partly with the whole Balochistan thing, just like with the Kurds in Iraq/Turkey/Iran or the Pastuns in Afghanistan/Pakistan these guys are split up into two countries and don't really recognise borders. They never managed to carve out their own nations and and only now in these modern times are they attempting to try again... but then there's more to it than that. You'd think these guys would just get along with the whole Islam thing but then again you'd think Europe would have got along with the whole Christianity thing.
13rin
+977|6450
Please do.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard