TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6609|Las Vegas, NV USA
Argh.... I have two reminders about PHs in my stats.  One the medal itself, the other is my #1 opponent. 

I was on D. Oilfields, and wouldn't you know it, it was on a server where friendly fire was off.  I was bombed on by three exceptional pilots in that game, I don't know how many times, and the worst offender was my #1 opponent (a badass jet mofo, I must say).  Anyways, we couldn't get ANYWHERE in a vehicle without being wiped out by these pilots.  So, needless to say, we lost the round, and my #1 opponent happened to be the one to strike the final death that landed me the purple heart.  ARGH!

However, I did get some justice the next round.   Hehehehe!   MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Me and my friend were on TS, and he took commander, and I spawned in as Spec Ops.  I immediately went to their main base, sat by the plane hangars, and hid until the two top pilots were eventually shot down (quite a while for that first death, I must say).  My friend went Spec Ops as well, and was blowing up their UAVs and sat dishes.

So, my #1 opponent spawns in, runs to the hangar, and waits for his plane to respawn (I'm hiding nearby).  The moment it does, I ran up to the plane as he's firing the engines up, toss two C4 on, and take cover.  He flies of the end of the runway, and I "spot" him on the compass.  I watched him fly straight to our main base on the minimap, and just before he got there, I detonated the C4.  His flight buddy, more or less, did the exact same thing, and I detonated his plane too.

My commander friend dropped a supply box near me (though at a bit of a distance away from the hangar), and I continued to blow up these guys' planes.  It was around each of their 5th or 6th deaths, where I let them feel that they were flying the plane safely from the airfield, before I started getting complaints about "baseraping" and "spawn camping."  It was about another couple of gunfight deaths, where one of them finally located me, before I got from one of them a "truearchon you baseraping pussy" (I can't remember who said it though), and both of them disconnected from the server.

That totally made me feel better afterwards, I must say.  One, because without their planes, I was on par, if not better, in a firefight than them (more my element).  Two, because they called me a "baseraping pussy," when the previous round they were dropping bombs on our main, uncapturable base with impunity.  And three, they threw a public tantrum and then disconnected, because I wouldn't let them have their toys.  Hehehe. 
PunkX
stoned
+198|6639|Canada
one word.

lagg.
88mm
+8|6821

Elamdri wrote:

Then why are you defending yourself? If its just a game then you shouldn't really care.

Back on topic. Purple Hearts aren't really a bad thing. It shows that you sacrificed your game for the team. For example, one round while trying to get the league of Merit and Veteran First Aid awards, I got the purple heart (later got enough kills to get out of the range). However that game I got around 80 points. I would call that sucky. It just means that I sacrificed my game by helping to improve the games of my team.

And on the round I did get it, I stayed and played, even though I new I had no chance of surving a spawn.
Agree. Got my Purple Heart on FuShe Pass. A lot of capping and a rain of death from above, but we won the round. Since then I have quit a game two or three times not to get it again ... lol ... but if I feel it's worth it once more, then why not ...

https://www.bf2player.com/sig/45820894-3959.png
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6753|San Diego
I got mine while playing MEC on Mashturr City,  because I got raped by the Blackhawk minigun in the pre-1.2 days before it got nerfed.  It seemed every time I respawned,  trying to cap a flag,  trying to bring the blackhawk down with the AA..........out of nowwhere it says XXXX [Blackhawk] Ogopogo15.

I got raped by the BH, but I still say,  bring back the power of the old minigun.  What they should really do is up the damage of the MEC/PLA Heliocopter, and the .50 cals.  The mounted .50 cals are a joke in the game,  you have a better chance of killing a soldier by running them over, than with the .50 cal.  It seems every time I just walk past a enemy guy in the .50 cal emplacement,  it does less damage than like a one round G3.  The .50 should do the same damage as the M95.  They should make the .50 cal as dangerous as it is in DF Black Hawk Down,   where one hit,  you are dead.
Mike_J
+68|6684
well like a dumbass i intentionally got mine when the game first came out.  it took me a couple days after before realizing it wasn't something i wanted...lol.  anyway, i ran around telling people to kill me (oddly enough i had a tough time getting people to kill me even though i ran out in the middle of hot zones and didn't fire on anyone.  i think i've died quicker at times i was trying hard to do good ).  the round almost ended too before i noticed the suicide button.  i got it just in time before the round ended.  sadly, this is also how i got my death streak (19).
G-Force
+1|6643
I have no purple hearts....

Check my stats:No PH

Last edited by G-Force (2006-04-12 23:10:02)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6661

Rosse_modest wrote:

I stole mine from the corpse of this guy I kept bullying on the Gulf of Oman US carrier.

Seriously, got mine on Kubra Dam, damn server was lagging like hell which was starting to piss me off.
I had 5 kills and it had been a while since my last award.
So I thought hey let's go for the purple heart.
I nade launched myself to 20 deaths.
Been regretting that ever since.

So I'm afraid mine is no story of a heroic struggle.

It's one of those situations that, if you could do it all over again, you'd handle very differently.
LOL, stat padding to get a purple heart, oh man that's wrong.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6778

Mike_J wrote:

anyway, i ran around telling people to kill me
Can't say I've ever had anyone ask me to kill them before.
voltage
+46|6855|Sweden

Kmarion wrote:

I think the funny thing about all this is in real war a purple heart means alot. In this game its like NOOOOOOOOO!..lol
Defended flag points should be part of the reqs.
REdi
+0|6613

Rosse_modest wrote:

I stole mine from the corpse of this guy I kept bullying on the Gulf of Oman US carrier.

Seriously, got mine on Kubra Dam, damn server was lagging like hell which was starting to piss me off.
I had 5 kills and it had been a while since my last award.
So I thought hey let's go for the purple heart.
I nade launched myself to 20 deaths.
Been regretting that ever since.

So I'm afraid mine is no story of a heroic struggle.

It's one of those situations that, if you could do it all over again, you'd handle very differently.
You padded your way to a PH...  now that is funny.
Uboot
+0|6604
Helo wh-ring by MEC players on the IRON GATOR map. I was stubborn enough to try to get rid of the chopper. He kept on destroyin our AA, and our own chopper. In the meantim, he was free to shoot at anything in sight.
I was spawning as a sniper with M95 or as AT to try to get him, but that Hind is a solid one, and I'm not sure I'll ever find the right spot to shoot the pilot with the M95.
Anyway, I kept on trying, and was so stubborn I didn't notice I came to the famous 5k/20d ratio. Got it last week, actually... But I'm not ashamed to have it.

Some SF maps are really a pain regarding chopper wh-ring, I think.
Haxorsist
Snoring drooler
+3|6753|Snoreway
The first time i visited this site, I checked out UBAR and saw that the Purple Heart looked like an easy medal, so I joined a server to try and get one. I didn't get it the first round I tried, but the second time I got it.
I was playing Zatar Wetlands and I was Anti-Tank and started the round by killing 4 guys in an APC, and then some other random guy. Then I just ran towards the enemy everytime I spawned. I got it at the end of the round, and I was overjoyed.
I showed it to one of my friends who, like me, was a noob, and he was like: "Wow, that's amazing! How did you do it?" And I was a cocky bastard and said: "Well, you know. Some people just got it, and some don't." XD
Man, was I disappointed when I found out people were calling it the expert noob badge.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6680
I got mine when I first got the game lol.  It was on Sharqui   (Before I realised the power of the MEC Heli :X)
I'd just spawn run towards the City Entrance and get owned, over and over again.  Then the tanks would come in and spawn rape me .
xstax981
Community Modder
+93|6691

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

I got mine when I first got the game lol.  It was on Sharqui   (Before I realised the power of the MEC Heli :X)
I'd just spawn run towards the City Entrance and get owned, over and over again.  Then the tanks would come in and spawn rape me .
I got mine when I was a n00b aswell. I was playing Dalian Plant and instead of sneaking in on others, I ran right into their field of vision and started firing my gun everywhere. The scary thing is, sometimes I still do.

EDIT: Typo

Last edited by xstax981 (2006-04-13 05:19:51)

l41e
+677|6663

"w" key was stuck while I was AFK on FuShe pass and I had conveniently left it on one of the mountain spawn points, I fell to my death about 10 times, then proceeded to get bombed by this one guy in a J-10 who seemed to be specifically aiming for me (maybe I had killed him a little too many times in the previous round?)
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6661
i never was given a purple heart probably because i have never been owned. I give out more purple hearts than EA does simply because im as powerfull as one of them bombs from the f15. so you can imagine what its like. Love from pure beef
(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6770
I dont have it yet.
I like to be a sneaky bastard so there is not much chance to have a 1:4 K/D IAR because before i got killed i would kill making the K/D 1:1 or so.
But its just a matter of time and I will also be F-ed in the A.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6696

R0lyP0ly wrote:

and sure enough, drumrolll.................................you've been awarded expert noob . i left that server and man was i pissed off!!!
funny shit
DroeWiez
+1|6413
Remember that one all too well.. and so does a friend of mine, ´cause he was playing on my account at the time

I keep reminding him, of course
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6824|Marathon, Florida Keys
i let my friend play on my computer while i went upstairs, i heard a drumroll on the speakers and i was like wtf, came down and he was like I GOT YOU THE PURPLE HEART! IS THAT GOOD?

Havent let him on my comp since.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Jammyc_53
+5|6573|Newcastle-England
I actually got it because i thought you needed it, so i just walked around and got killed. well i didn't know :
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6601|Sweden
I've got six of them and I'm damn proud of ít too. The ultimate proof of sacrificing yourself for the team.

I make lots of sacrifices. i'm getting my next PH next week for sure......
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6781|UK
Im too good to get one
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6573|Hungary
Im really honestly now...I never recived the purple heart.I was Gunnery Sgt when i was mad about "collecting" every award whats possible to get at that rank/time.
So after i reached 5 kills i started suiciding by dancing in front of the enemy tank and throwing nades to my feet.
I was the worst feeling what i had during my bf2 carrier....then i recived it...so now i thought it was a mistake to go for the "noob" medal....hmmm i dunno.
TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6655|Gainesville, FL

MaddOps wrote:

but being the best is like winning the Special Olympics, but without the Pam Anderson hugs.
If that's the case, my friend, then not being the best is like losing the Special Olympics... which makes you extra retarded.

Belcorwyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard