16,777,215 - DooRKn0b
16,777,215 - HuuFlungDung
8,128,669 - Glitchnigger
7,869,040 - G3|Aaron
2,335,158 - TomClancy.uk
833,777 - SLiTHERi
622,568 - Stealthkiller07
495,637 - GoldenRose

I understand that there are already posts out about this problem. JW if anybody else thinks this is a little ridiculous?

I for one think that these guys should have their accoutns/CD-KEY's permanently banned. This has to be stopped some time. Seems like EA is being lazy.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6670|Canada
ya it is ridiculous, but i dont care cuz it doesnt affect me or my stats whatsoever.
mo1esdude
+9|6638|Scotland
ok its ridiculous, but i bet everyone had a little chuckle when they saw that
DZL-X
+0|6670|Brooklyn, NY
It's not funny or entertaining. It's pretty annoying, and EA will delete their accounts, they just take their time. I think the message these guys are trying give EA is, FIX THE DAMN BUG ALREADY !!!!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6790|The United Center
i honestly don't see why everyone is getting so worked up over it.  it's not like you're on the top10 anyway.  the way i see it, these guys are sending a message to EA/DICE that their game has bugs which need fixing.  they're exploiting a bug which is now incredibly popular, forcing DICE to quickly issue a fix.  their exploits don't affect anyone else.  it doesn't lower your score or anything, it just gives them a higher score temporarily.

the problem is that DICE will only fix this one bug for the time being.  although there are many other bugs/glitches/exploits in the game, this one is the most important.  therefore, there will be no immediate fix to any other parts of the game, simply because there isn't enough attention being given to them.

these guys shouldn't be hardware or cd-key banned.  their stats should be wiped, yes, but in the grand scheme of things, they're really only helping bring an exploit to the public eye and are helping the game become more bug/glitch/exploit free in the long run.

the only people who should actually be upset at these guys are the ones in the top10 (who legitimately worked their ways up there) or people who used this exploit to gain more points, since it will soon be fixed.
Marius1000ad
+0|6636
It does affect your stats when you've worked your ass off to get into that top 20, so when people click leaderboards in BFHQ, they see your name all around the world. Then you get bumped off by freakin stat padders.
That would annoy you.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6790|The United Center

Marius1000ad wrote:

It does affect your stats when you've worked your ass off to get into that top 20, so when people click leaderboards in BFHQ, they see your name all around the world. Then you get bumped off by freakin stat padders.
That would annoy you.
no.  it wouldnt.  so youre down to 28th for a couple days.  theyll get their stats wiped and youll be back to your precious 20th.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6690
Glitchnigger for life!
arnica
+18|6723|Sydney
Seems fine to me
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6745|New York
Thats why its so important to blow up the opposing teams assets ASAP when in a game. This way they spend more time repairing than playing LMAO.

Harry
bts.skip
+0|6643
Marius1000ad wrote:
That would annoy you.

no.  it wouldnt.  so youre down to 28th for a couple days.  theyll get their stats wiped and youll be back to your precious 20th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with Marius...ban them..then see if they laugh..
-=n00b-k1lla=-
+0|6638
how have they done this i just want to know
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6727|Enon
Doesnt really bother me, im not in the top 10 anyway. There showing EA/DICE that there is a bug and that it needs to be fixed.
mad scotsman
+177|6651|scotland
have you notice its not only the top players...these glitchers are all through the ranks, im 100 and when i check the leaderboard i have three glitchers next to me lol,,,maybe they dont want to be TOO obvious and think they will get away with it, doubt it though, they have like 70 hours total and a really high command, cant get any more obvious than that is suppose
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6795
Reseting the stats is not enough. EA should start hardware banning. Then people will think before trying different glitches and hacks.
Stats reseting is for statpadders. Hackers should have more painful punishment. That's what I think

Doc
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6727|Enon

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Reseting the stats is not enough. EA should start hardware banning. Then people will think before trying different glitches and hacks.
Stats reseting is for statpadders. Hackers should have more painful punishment. That's what I think

Doc
But there not hacking, there exploting a glitch in EA/DICE's system. So who's fault is it, the people doing the exploiting or EA/DICE taking forever to fix the problem?
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6795
OK... So let's say that it is EAs problem. Did we know about this glitch? Did we know how to use it? Did EA know? No, they didn't and we didn't. But some "smart" guys found out and then the "smartest" guy said, Everyone should know it! And suddenly we found out that "stupid" EA/DICE has a one more glitch. We are complaining about the bad code and bugs in BF2, about EA/DICE. Would we complain about this glitch before? No. Why? Because as long as we didn't know it everything was cool. So whose problem is this? "Stupid" EA/DICE or "smart" guys, who are sitting inside of the wall saying "it's not a hack, it's a glitch"? EA will fix this glitch, people will discover the new one. And we will hear about crappy EA/DICEs game over and over again.
No offence,
          Doc

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-04-10 13:39:20)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6784

beerface702
+65|6736|las vegas
i have this image in my head of these ass-hats talking on the phone to each other

Hey glitch nigga! whazzzup

yo HuuFLung DUNGsup homie.

Glitch nigger-not much, just being a fucking godamn dumbnigger
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6787|Malaga, EspaƱa
12,583,014 - NutsCrack3r
5,860,881 - rocketeertoby
3,689,231 - =)MnK(=CptPhilou
3,545,107 - Panther_CJ
2,623,342 - real_deal1
2,165,914 - DarkSoldier81
549,625 - amoniak_09
460,428 - strange_gabi6

*sigh*

It doesnt affect stats i know , but it affects the guy whois official Nr1 in the toplist he wasted so many hours to gain this position and some asshats just spoil the pride by glitching their way to the top in just a few hours.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6672|Tasmania

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

OK... So let's say that it is EAs problem. Did we know about this glitch? Did we know how to use it? Did EA know? No, they didn't and we didn't. But some "smart" guys found out and then the "smartest" guy said, Everyone should know it! And suddenly we found out that "stupid" EA/DICE has a one more glitch. We are complaining about the bad code and bugs in BF2, about EA/DICE. Would we complain about this glitch before? No. Why? Because as long as we didn't know it everything was cool. So whose problem is this? "Stupid" EA/DICE or "smart" guys, who are sitting inside of the wall saying "it's not a hack, it's a glitch"? EA will fix this glitch, people will discover the new one. And we will hear about crappy EA/DICEs game over and over again.
No offence,
          Doc
I agree with you, Doc.

The argument of most is that EA deserves this because their game is imperfect.

How the fuck did this Commander glitch affect any of us before we knew about it? You lazy, slack motherfuckers. DICE builds a game that brings immense enjoyment to thousands upon thousands of people around the globe. It comes with beautiful graphics and absolutely sensational gameplay. The very concept of the game, the communication, the whole 'sand-box' style of modern warfare it provides is breathtaking. Taking all this into account, and all the enjoyment you get out of it, you will then still crucify the company and uphold these 'righteous few' because of a minor glitch?

You selfish, greedy, insensitive and spoiled little bitches.

And do you honestly think (you, the 13 year old cumstained skinny prick sitting at your Mum's computer) that people who take advantage of this glitch are doing so for the supposedly 'noble' purpose of bringing it to EA's attention? Are you kidding? They don't give a shit! All they want is a screenshot of their score to use as a sig at the arselickers.com forums.

Back off. I find the persistent scoring system to be a fundamental attraction to the game. It inspires me to do better each time I play. The integrity of the scoring system is also fundamental to the long term success of this game. Without it it's just another (good looking) shooter. With it it's the best online shooter ever made (yeah that's right, fuck CS).

Last edited by XstrangerdangerX (2006-04-12 02:54:22)

7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6707
They shouldn't fix the glitch and just CD-Key ban everyone that does it. They'll make more money AND it will get rid of asshats that don't repurchase the game. They should really be faster with whatever action they take though.
Breadman
+27|6776|Southern New Jersey
Better yet EA should start stomping all the servers that are exploiting the point system. Then it wouldn't be a joke to these guys anymore. When the server host cancels them cause EA made them. And these tards lose  the money they paid for the server. Don't think EA doesn't know what servers are reporting the high scores.
I bet EA is watching them and keeping track of them.
raz
+22|6707|England, UK
I don't know why they did it.. They arn't getting anything out of it.. Maybe if they publitised there site by puttin there name there, afterall it gets so many views.
hoad47
+2|6786|Sydney
seriously.. looking at his stats if u were that crap at this game... wouldn't you want to cheat a lil... lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard