Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Lol screw the case...

21161-00-50R        SAPPHIRE HD 5870 PCIE 1GB 2X DVI/HDMI/DP        2  349.00 EUR
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Estimated weight :     0.20 kg
Shipment fee     :     6.00 EUR
COD fee          :     3.70 EUR
Total price      :   707.70 EUR

: D
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
So, my 8800gts is starting to show its age with a lot of the newer games, which means it's time for an upgrade, but, i'm also running an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+, which is even more out of date.

I don't think I can do a major upgrade of the CPU without replacing the motherboard, since it has an AM2 socket...

So BF2s, what do I upgrade?   lets keep our solutions under $300  (USD)
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

Having limited budget I will bury the Lian Li plans and go for Lancool PC-K62 which is almost identical to the PC-P50 but made of steel and costs half the Lili.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-10-06 17:19:16)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Having limited budget I will bury the Lian Li plans and go for Lancool PC-K62 which is almost identical to the PC-P50 but made of steel and costs half the Lili.
good choice, you've been waiting on a case far to long. The K62 is quite a nice air cooled case for gaming too.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

King_County_Downy wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Bought some Plexiglas and other modding stuff! Gonna put a side panel in my case Wish me luck!
What are you going to use to seal it?
I read someone, i think it was the mpc guys, recommend a really strong double sided tape if you don't like the look of the channel molding.
oh and good luck with it. if your using a dremel, lay down masking tape on the panel and draw you window on that. it will be easier to see the line your cutting, and remember lots of slow, shallow passes  instead of one deep one.

Last edited by Nic (2009-10-06 19:01:52)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

What the fook, the taskbar is ultrafat?
Honest to god that is like the second thing I do after a 7 install.. (small icons) .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia
How do i test if ready boost works? Does it really work that well? I have an 8 gig flash drive and i've devoted 4 gigs to ready boost. Any comments?
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool

NeXuS wrote:

How do i test if ready boost works? Does it really work that well? I have an 8 gig flash drive and i've devoted 4 gigs to ready boost. Any comments?
IMO not really worth it. How much RAM do you have? How fast is your HDD?
Brasso
+1,549|6601

Wallpaper wrote:

NeXuS wrote:

readyboost = unnecessary for 99% of...well, everyone using vista
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

So, my 8800gts is starting to show its age with a lot of the newer games, which means it's time for an upgrade, but, i'm also running an AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+, which is even more out of date.

I don't think I can do a major upgrade of the CPU without replacing the motherboard, since it has an AM2 socket...

I found a mobo, ram, cpu set up for 230USD, the problem is finding a vid card to keep it under 300. I was thinking, newegg open box mobo, athlonx4 cpu, and 4gb ocz gold ddr3. I you wait a month and save 50 bucks more, you could probably find a 4890 on sale to go with that set up.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

S.Lythberg wrote:

What model is your mobo, also what ram and psu?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

DeathUnlimited wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I was wondering the same myself.
Overdose
+13|6085|Fort Worth, TX
So i want to try the asus p5e mod, but i dont know how to make a bootable cd. help?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

DeathUnlimited wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

mobo is an Asus M2N68-LA

Ram is some generic brand, but 240 pin DDR2 SDRAM  (3GB)

Rosewill 600w PSU

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2009-10-06 19:29:16)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia

haffeysucks wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

NeXuS wrote:

readyboost = unnecessary for 99% of...well, everyone using vista
3 Gigs 200gig 7200rpm HD
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

mobo is an Asus M2N68-LA

Rosewill 600w PSU
This the one?:
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/c01237554.jpg
I think you should prob look for a full mobo, ram, cpu, vid, upgrade at this point.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Nic wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

mobo is an Asus M2N68-LA

Rosewill 600w PSU
This the one?:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/ … 237554.jpg
I think you should prob look for a full mobo, ram, cpu, vid, upgrade at this point.
yeah, it's a POS, if I can get my hands on a decent case to put it in (mine's kinda tight), I'll replace the mobo and cpu, ram and gfx will have to wait though
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

Nic wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

mobo is an Asus M2N68-LA

Rosewill 600w PSU
This the one?:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/ … 237554.jpg
yeah, it's a POS, if I can get my hands on a decent case to put it in (mine's kinda tight), I'll replace the mobo and cpu, ram and gfx will have to wait though
If you can sell that 8800gts for 50 bucks, you can get this set up.
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/slsc.jpg
shit, wait... that mobo was the ddr3 one, let me find the ddr2 one i had picked out.

This is the one:
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/twigmar/slsc2.jpg

Last edited by Nic (2009-10-06 19:51:47)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
What site is that, i'd like to compare pricing with newegg, and maybe just get the components one at a time as I come by the money
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool
Thats newegg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

What site is that, i'd like to compare pricing with newegg, and maybe just get the components one at a time as I come by the money
If your gonna do it that way, its better to save up your money and get it all at the end, components almost always get cheaper, and you could either get the same for less by waiting, or get better for the same price. Also, you'll have to pay 4x shipping, which would suck.

Last edited by Nic (2009-10-06 19:58:28)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

Nic wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

If your gonna do it that way, its better to save up your money and get it all at the end, components almost always get cheaper, and you could either get the same for less by waiting, or get better for the same price.
I'll probably ask for most of it for christmas, and get the rest in january
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

Nic wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

If your gonna do it that way, its better to save up your money and get it all at the end, components almost always get cheaper, and you could either get the same for less by waiting, or get better for the same price.
I'll probably ask for most of it for christmas, and get the rest in january
Ah... also if your looking for a cheap case, post an and on craigslist in your area, someone might find you with something good. Hell, a guy way selling a NZXT Panzerbox for 40 bucks here the other day. If you get hardware from CL though, make sure you see it running in their comp, with CPU-Z or GPU-Z running.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
I'd consider a used case, even a working CPU/GPU may be worn down though, I'd rather get new on that
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_essentials/
Free and it's getting good reviews.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard