K9Trooper
+0|6785
Have you ever had a vehicle placed in a strategic spot to defend a flag and have an idiot start driving the vehicle to your death.

I was playing "Manure" City today and had a Vodnik parked in a very nice location to defend one of our flags. We had all but one of the flags and winning. Acording to the UAV there were a bunch of people coming on foot to my flag. I was positioned so I could cover the whole flag and the approach to it. Then some idiot from my team came up to me jumped in and drove us to our deaths. It pissed me off because we lost that flag and gave the other team new life and I feel we lost because of it.

Any of you have this happen? And how did/do you deal with it?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6856|"Frisco"

Oh, well I usually back trace their IP. Run a geo location script, then run over to their house and give them a good dirty look stare -- right before I punch them in the face.
Nebular
+1|6791
I simply run to one of my SCUDs parked behind my bike (after that i run my geo location script "the same as chuyskywalker" )  and then i launch my SCUD on his house
thinner44
+1|6818
ROTFL.... the lighter side of death . They obviously think they're doing you a favour, holding ground is just too tame for them. Might be a case of the 'death cheaters' that just keep getting killed . I like the 'get backs' though
muiad
+0|6779
Happens to me all the time.  People just don't understand that when a base is taken, it’s a good idea to defend it!!!  When someone’s coming to my vehicle, I jump to the drivers position and repeatedly hit the PgDn (No, negative) key.  Usually it will piss them off enough that they will start shooting at me then I drive off to a new location.  Hahahaha
Croak
+11|6813|San Marcos, CA
Happens to me a lot too, especially on Mashtur back in the bad old Blackhawk days....you NEEDED to have a HMMWV/Vodnik near the Mosque or MEC starting base to defend against chopper caps.  I got good at jumping in the driver's seat, but even that won't work when some butthole on your team who's ticked he has to walk a few seconds gets mad and blows you up with C4 or shoots you through the window.

I even had an admin/commander kick me on Shonghua for keeping a tank at the main PLA base for the last half of the last round..we were getting attacked there constantly, I had TWENTY TWO flag defends that round, against choppers, tanks, APC's, on foot, and kills on spec ops trying sneak in to blow our assets, but he said the tank should have been used to attack with.  There was some truth to that, but we were getting hammered pretty bad and would have lost the round much earlier had I not at least held that one flag with my tank, plus the commander wasn't even at that base, he was hiding in the hills above the main US base.
K9Trooper
+0|6785
People don't understand that this game isn't all about attacking. You need to have a good defence as well.

On a brighter note someone finally got kicked for taking my vehicle when I was in a defencive position. At least there are some admins out there that understand what defence means. The admin was also on the opposing side which showed even more class.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6850|Missoula, MT
Seems to happen a lot lately.  I like playing defense more than offense anymore.  Seems like I get more kills and teamwork points (which mean more, I think).  No one expects to find someone waiting for them and defending a flag!  If you can get a supply drop, yahoo!  You can defend all day long.  Assuming arty doesn't come along and ruin the fun.  Or, say, someone on your team drops mines on the vehicle you're manning the gun on and drives you both into his own mines!  Sorry, another thread.  Anyway...I love defense! 

Nice story K9!
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6779|Canada, Ont
This Post is all About what Pisses me off the Most, I am all about Tranport Vehicles, Its my Forte, Im Ranked 130th I think.

Worst Case Scenario is when your trying to Shoot down a Full Blackhawk, and someone starts to Drive away as soon as you start to get it smokeing.

Anouther thing that Angers me is being Squad Leader and im in a Transport and I wanna Man the Gun but someone is already in it because they Spawned on me. Theres no better Gunner for a Transort then the Driver.

Transports Should only be in Fear of Anti-Tank, and Other Vehicles, not Grenade Launchers...to much Damage. and if it goes in the Window it kills you.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6779|AUS, Canberra
even worse is when you think you have a chance of getting your explosives badge through a bit of hammas hummer action and you just throw your last C4 in the thing and some guy spawns at uncappable at karkand and takes it for a drive into town without you!!!! it becomes the most " do i or dont i ??? " moment in your life as your finger twitches on the detonator.......
odessaman
+0|6787
Yeah, I've had this happen too often. I hate when you place a vehicle covered with C4 waiting for an unexpecting victim and along comes IDIOT and drives off with it. 

odessaman

K9Trooper wrote:

Have you ever had a vehicle placed in a strategic spot to defend a flag and have an idiot start driving the vehicle to your death.

I was playing "Manure" City today and had a Vodnik parked in a very nice location to defend one of our flags. We had all but one of the flags and winning. Acording to the UAV there were a bunch of people coming on foot to my flag. I was positioned so I could cover the whole flag and the approach to it. Then some idiot from my team came up to me jumped in and drove us to our deaths. It pissed me off because we lost that flag and gave the other team new life and I feel we lost because of it.

Any of you have this happen? And how did/do you deal with it?

Last edited by odessaman (2005-10-23 19:30:55)

Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6770|Gilbert, Arizona
what i do is...try to get out as i realize he is taking my ride...and decide to sacrifice myself in the effort to defend my f***ing flag. hey, i may die, but now i know that i can at least try to take that flag back and try to run like a little girl out of the base before i get killed by an angry enemy if i fail...or make a spray and pray like no other and probably die for it.
Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6770|Gilbert, Arizona

the_heart_attack wrote:

even worse is when you think you have a chance of getting your explosives badge through a bit of hammas hummer action and you just throw your last C4 in the thing and some guy spawns at uncappable at karkand and takes it for a drive into town without you!!!! it becomes the most " do i or dont i ??? " moment in your life as your finger twitches on the detonator.......
that, and my eye twitches, and i have a slight grimace plastered on my face, as i feel the heat rising. then i decide that i don't feel like getting punished for that sh*thead's audacity. but the f*** wasted my C4's by taking my ride no less!
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6822
YES YES YES -- drives me fucking crazy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard