Shimakaze
Through the valley of the shadow of death...
+6|5356|Vancouver, Canada
Does anyone else see crazy flashing on screen when affected by a flashbang? It's not an uniformly-fading white like it used to be before 1.5. Now it's rapidly flashing white with several different horizontal bands (looks like tearing) covering the entire screen for the duration. It's so bad that it could potentially cause seizure in people with photosensitive epilepsy For others, it's really painful to look at too.

This problem appears on my Nvidia 9600M GT with Windows Server 2008, and my friend's Nvidia 8800 GTS with Windows 7.

I don't suppose there's a solution to this yet?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6471|cuntshitlake

Yes. I tk everyone throwing them now because my eyes bleed.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-09-21 12:44:56)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

People seem to be complaining about this, but I haven't had any problems
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6140|Scotland!
get good sound tweaks and flashes barely affect your screen
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6006|Aberdeen, Scotland
Seems fine for me
E7IX3R77
+0|5990
i get this too
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6794|Bulgaria

Shimakaze wrote:

Does anyone else see crazy flashing on screen when affected by a flashbang?
Yes, it happens to me as well. But I don't see it as a problem. I think that this is not a bug, but DICE decided to change the flashbang effect...

I'm on a 8800GTS and Win XP SP3.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6006|Aberdeen, Scotland

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I think that this is not a bug, but DICE decided to change the flashbang effect...

I'm on a 8800GTS and Win XP SP3.
Doubt it. Not everyone is having this 'problem'.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria
AFAIK, this only happens with nVidia cards.

It only occurs if you're looking upwards or downwards, but not if you keep your head horizontally, looking forward.
So, actually, this means an advantage since you now know if you're aim is off.

I have an GF9600GT and it happened for me since the first 1.5beta.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6794|Bulgaria

globefish23 wrote:

It only occurs if you're looking upwards or downwards, but not if you keep your head horizontally, looking forward.
So, actually, this means an advantage since you now know if you're aim is off.
But if you're flashbanged while driving a tank?
baggs
+732|6212
I got it on a 9800GT, haven't updated my graphics drivers in a while tho.

First time it happened i thought i was having a fit.
d3x74
+14|6654|NY
Disable vsync.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6851|Reykjavík, Iceland.

d3x74 wrote:

Disable vsync.
Since when does BF2 have vsync?

Everyone with this problem forcing it through drivers?
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

d3x74 wrote:

Disable vsync.
How would that help? Vsync makes everything look better and smoother, but plays worse
Shimakaze

d3x74 wrote:

Disable vsync.
Has this been tested? Vsync reduces the tearing effect between each frame, which is similar to what I'm seeing (plus the flashing/flickering). So to disable it sounds a little counter-intuitive.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6699|England
I've had it on 1.41 & 1.5 with my 4870x2...
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6442

Shimakaze wrote:

d3x74 wrote:

Disable vsync.
Has this been tested? Vsync reduces the tearing effect between each frame, which is similar to what I'm seeing (plus the flashing/flickering). So to disable it sounds a little counter-intuitive.
soon as you tell me where this setting is on the bf2 menu ill get back to you champ
Shimakaze

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Shimakaze wrote:

d3x74 wrote:

Disable vsync.
soon as you tell me where this setting is on the bf2 menu ill get back to you champ
Didn't get a chance to test it last night. But let's say it's not an option in the game...can't you force vsync off in video driver config?
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Shimakaze wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Shimakaze wrote:

Didn't get a chance to test it last night. But let's say it's not an option in the game...can't you force vsync off in video driver config?
You can force it off, in nvidia control panel go to program settings, BF2, vsync= force off.

It won't be on anyway though unless you forced it on, so leave it as it is, if it is already off, try turning it on and see if it sorts it- but imo even if it does sort it, you'd be better playing with it off and having 100% responsive input which more than makes up for bad flashbang graphics (and you rarely get flashed anyway).
Someone who plays with vsync on will never be as good as someone who plays with it off if they are of the same skill

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-09-24 12:48:37)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6442
remember when we all tried forcing aa through the drivers when the alt+tab bug was around and we realised the drivers didnt do shit? think that still applies
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

People seem to be complaining about this, but I haven't had any problems
works fine for me but not for a buddy of mine. Not sure why this happens
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Wizrdwarts
+1|5340
I've got a Nvidia 8800GT and it happens to me. Does this happen with both ATI and Nvidia or just Nvidia?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

I wonder if it's an ATi vs. Nvidia thing, Catalyst AI vs. whatever Nvidia's equivalent is. There have been times where disabling or enabling Catalyst AI caused certain games to work and others to fuck up.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

I wonder if it's an ATi vs. Nvidia thing, Catalyst AI vs. whatever Nvidia's equivalent is. There have been times where disabling or enabling Catalyst AI caused certain games to work and others to fuck up.
the buddy I mentioned before has nVidia, same as me
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
I get it too. Annoying as hell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard