ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356
I almost entirely play I/O because all people do on vehicle servers round after round is put C4 onto jeeps and ram tanks and other vehicles with it.

Is there any easy way to get 20 repair points for the expert repair badge? Considering that it requires you to fully repair a tank worth of all it's hitpoints to receive a single repair point, I find it extremely difficult to get this badge. Sometimes an enemy special ops camps in your uncap and destroys your assets as soon as the commander repairs them with supply crates. Repairing assets seems to be a good way to get some repair points.

Repairing the AA gun on the carrier (USS Essex) on Dalian Plant after it gets destroyed by an enemy jet, or the UAV and scan trailer after they get destroyed by enemy jets constantly raping the US carrier, is also an efficient way of getting repair points. If you have gotten this badge, how did you get it? Could you give me any tips?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Just flip a boat.
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356

Sydney wrote:

Just flip a boat.
Doesn't a teammate have to be in the vehicle while you are repairing it to receive repair points? If you repair a boat, or any other vehicle for that matter, with nobody in it, you won't get any points whatsoever.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
repair Essex Guns on a Dragon Valley or dalian, like you said.
This is how I did it...
Jump in Essex gun and Exit, back up in the prone as far as you can form the gun, while repairing with the wrench. You might die a few times, but if its a busy server and good pilots hit it often, you'll get it. Might want to hop in Essex to give the pilots a highlight that its manned to lure them in GL Engie!
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356
The kind of rounds where the carrier is constantly being bombed/strafed by enemy aircraft don't last long enough to get 20 repair points in one round. It usually means that the PLA/MEC is winning the round, and the USMC has no flags, and can't even leave the carrier without being killed as it is being raped by jets/helis.

Last edited by ISortGlass (2009-09-21 17:26:27)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
If your having trouble flipping a boat, then drive a Humvee type vehicle into the water partially. It has an added bonus of if for whatever reason, your thing gets too damaged, you can drive out to safety.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=659315#p659315

Listen to the master...
^ this.

And if worse comes to worse, flip a boat or park a car partially in the water.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

If your having trouble flipping a boat, then drive a Humvee type vehicle into the water partially. It has an added bonus of if for whatever reason, your thing gets too damaged, you can drive out to safety.
You do not get repair points for repairing unoccupied vehicles.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

ISortGlass wrote:

Which is why you use a Humvee/Vodnik/Rice slinger.
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

ISortGlass wrote:

as long as you are sitting in it
Slarty
+37|5962|Ingerland

ISortGlass wrote:

You don't get out of the vehicle to repair it, you hop into the rear seat/mid seat and wrench away. That's why people have suggested Humvee/Vodnik/boat rather than the DPV or FAV which don't have a seat where you can wrench from.
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356
How am I supposed to repair a boat sitting in it while it's upside down? I suppose I could sit in the back of a humvee, vodnik, or that Chinese heavy jeep, whatever it's called. And repair it with my wrench while it's being damaged by the water. Will I still get repair points due to the vehicle being repaired is occupied by the person repairing it?
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

ISortGlass wrote:

How am I supposed to repair a boat sitting in it while it's upside down? I suppose I could sit in the back of a humvee, vodnik, or that Chinese heavy jeep, whatever it's called. And repair it with my wrench while it's being damaged by the water. Will I still get repair points due to the vehicle being repaired is occupied by the person repairing it?
yes
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356

Slarty wrote:

ISortGlass wrote:

You don't get out of the vehicle to repair it, you hop into the rear seat/mid seat and wrench away. That's why people have suggested Humvee/Vodnik/boat rather than the DPV or FAV which don't have a seat where you can wrench from.
Don't boats eventually get damaged after they have been beached on land for a while?
Sydney
2λчиэλ

ISortGlass wrote:

Slarty wrote:

ISortGlass wrote:

Don't boats eventually get damaged after they have been beached on land for a while?
No, they just decay like all vehicles if left unmanned.

The easiest way is still to flip a boat under the carrier, sit in the passenger seat and repair away until you get 20 points.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon
first of all, you get a repair point even if you are the only one in the damaged vehicle you are repairing.

second of all, don't be a noob and flip a boat or do the humvee thing. 

you sound like you actually care about getting this award, so why not earn it the right way?  i've had at two rounds where i scored more than 20 repair pts.  it's all about the server conditions being right.  you need an eager spec ops whom you can taunt into constantly blowing up assets, or a very dedicated bomber pilot on oman who likes taking out the usmc arty.  the most important thing is being patient until you find a server where  you can pull this off.  leviathan and warlord make for some very long rounds, both with assets that are easily destroyed.  also in some previous posts, the essex can get you quite a bit if you dedicate yourself to it the whole round.  just keep trying, you'll get it.  good luck
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Seriously, get it on the Essex (noone needs to be in the gun to get points for repair). When the other team had good pilots that keep taking out the gun it provides a great opportunity.
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356
I noticed that when you are repairing something, a little meter on the bottom-right of your hud, gradually drains. What does this mean? Can you not repair things as fast and efficiently when this meter runs out? Is there no difference? What does that meter mean exactly?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

You know how you have a meter for ammo packs and health?  It's the same thing.  You only have so much "repair juice"...when it drains it does take longer to repair.  It gradually fills back up, but I usually just continue wrenching away.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

ISortGlass wrote:

I noticed that when you are repairing something, a little meter on the bottom-right of your hud, gradually drains. What does this mean? Can you not repair things as fast and efficiently when this meter runs out? Is there no difference? What does that meter mean exactly?
Repair "stamina". Just as with health and ammo you can't just spam endlessly.
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5356
Apparently even when this meter drains empty, I can still repair. Seemingly endlessly. Strange....
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

ISortGlass wrote:

Apparently even when this meter drains empty, I can still repair. Seemingly endlessly. Strange....
Because its constantly recharging, so you repair at the recharge rate... it's a lot slower then when the bar is full.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=659315#p659315

Listen to the master...

The 'master' wrote:

my guess is only 5-10 rounds in a 100 will give you the right circumstances/opportunity to get it
Yeh right, maybe 1 in 2000 rounds is more accurate.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-09-21 21:10:08)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6741|Reality
I have it twice (2 accounts). Both as commander on Warlord vehicle server. First time i got 20 with one ticket left (SAS). The second time 37 as Insurgent.
Remember you can repair while staying in your vehicle. You can repair 2 or more objects simultaneously from a vehicle.
This is handy when you want to repair arty. just be equidistant from both guns.

If specops are blowing your assets, let them. Taunt them. Insult them. Tell to leave your assets ALONE. This almost guarantees they will be back

As commander you can repair objects while using your commander screen if you are in a vehicle next to said object.
And finally for choice of vehicle: APC is best. Armored mobile bunker. Only specops can kill you outright. AT takes 2 hits so you can run or exit. Always sit in a passenger spot because this makes you invisible to enemy scans, spots or UAV (unless 1.5 changed that?). So steal, if possible, enemy APC and use it as command bunker.

NOTE INFINITE REPAIR STAMINA WHILE REPAIRING FROM VEHICLE.

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-09-21 22:57:30)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard