Hakei
Banned
+295|6017

Peter wrote:

Hakei wrote:

I listen to 32kb/s songs that I stream out of my on board sound card through a paper cup.
Does your EQ match your paper cup?
What's EQ?

How did you know about my paper cup.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6435|Finland

I listen music to enjoy from it. So I really want to listen it like I want.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6485|cuntshitlake

How about we all agree equalizator is meant to fix distortion, HOWEVER, anyone can use it as they want.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6423|dm_maidenhead

DeathUnlimited wrote:

How about we all agree equalizator is meant to fix distortion, HOWEVER, anyone can use it as they want.
All agree?

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/24566/audiothread.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6174|what

I set mine to rock cause I listen to rock music.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hakei
Banned
+295|6017
I set mine to metal because I listen to Fall Out Boy.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6423|dm_maidenhead
I couldn't find an EQ setting for small children's screams.
teek22
Add "teek22" on your PS3 fools!
+133|6402|Bromley, London

I used to use one but got fed up of changing it for different types of music so just listen to it flat and I personally would prefer to spend more on speakers than to mess around with the EQ.
Defiance
+438|6692

Peter wrote:

Defiance wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Actually, THIS is why these audio threads always go down the shitter.

The stuff you quoted pretty much say that you fiddle with the EQ to compensate for distorion in your speakers. Thus making it sound better, thus making the music sound nice, thus making the music sound how you WANT it to sound.

I dunno about you, but I assume most people want their music to sound how they like it best, not what some frequency graph tells them.
Imagine reading a book and swapping out words that you don't like. Imagine a publisher prints a book, but puts a blur on all the letters.

If an artist records a track to sound a certain way, I want to hear it the way they created it. "If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants." The most fundamental lesson in musical education is learning from those before you.
If the sound engineer is instructed to compress the volume so that the track sounds better over flash apps and crappy internal system speakers, I'm not going to pay for that crap.

I couldn't care less that what I hear is more or less accurate to the wave form, but it implies a more accurate translation from creation to observation.
What if we don't want listening to music to be a chore?
Then don't bother with an EQ at all.

teek22 wrote:

I used to use one but got fed up of changing it for different types of music so just listen to it flat and I personally would prefer to spend more on speakers than to mess around with the EQ.
Seriously? 3 minutes of fiddling with sliders is worth more to you then the hundreds of dollars you'd pay for better speakers?

Last edited by Defiance (2009-09-20 16:35:47)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6412

I never worked out how to use one properly (without a frequency response graph anyway) and seeing as my logitech speakers don't have a response graph, I cbf researching.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6743|Sydney, Australia

.Sup wrote:

no
This. I can't be fucked coming up with some EQ setting to equalise the response from my logitech speakers.. so I just leave it. Sounds good enough anyway.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6753|St. Andrews / Oslo

Defiance wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

The stuff you quoted pretty much say that you fiddle with the EQ to compensate for distorion in your speakers. Thus making it sound better, thus making the music sound nice, thus making the music sound how you WANT it to sound.

I dunno about you, but I assume most people want their music to sound how they like it best, not what some frequency graph tells them.
Imagine reading a book and swapping out words that you don't like. Imagine a publisher prints a book, but puts a blur on all the letters.

If an artist records a track to sound a certain way, I want to hear it the way they created it. "If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants." The most fundamental lesson in musical education is learning from those before you.
If the sound engineer is instructed to compress the volume so that the track sounds better over flash apps and crappy internal system speakers, I'm not going to pay for that crap.

I couldn't care less that what I hear is more or less accurate to the wave form, but it implies a more accurate translation from creation to observation.
A very good point, and I agree with you.

But there are plenty of people who use the EQ to tweak their music to their liking, and I really do not see the point of commenting this in every single thread. Who cares if they want more bass? Let them do it, teach them how, whatever, just don't comment on how it's not "correct" every single time.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6218|Winland

Jenspm wrote:

Defiance wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

A very good point, and I agree with you.

But there are plenty of people who use the EQ to tweak their music to their liking, and I really do not see the point of commenting this in every single thread. Who cares if they want more bass? Let them do it, teach them how, whatever, just don't comment on how it's not "correct" every single time.
The thing to me is that people seem to look at equalizers like a "sound enhancer", much like flashy fetures like CMSS3D and the infamous Crystalizer. It annoys me to no extent.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6641|Auteuil, Laval
Any room, any medium / output device will give a different "sound" to the same music.  Play music in an empty room.  Play the same in the same room now with curtains, carpets and cushions around until you get sick and you will see / listen the difference.  Not a single person on this planet listen to music with the same "plateform".

I use my 15 bands equaliser to "enlighten" up the mid because I have 2 way speeakers and that in between 12" and a 1" dome there's a gap for the mid.

Please adjust it to what you like.  Enjoy.  Period.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard