Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
Black people tend to have less wealth and live in more densely populated areas. These combined cause more crime.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5391

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Black people tend to have less wealth and live in more densely populated areas. These combined cause more crime.
italians, irish, chinese, etc were shit on for many years in this country.  but, they were productive and hard working.  they didnt lay around in welfare filth and shoot each other instead.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6396|North Carolina

Red Forman wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

italians, irish, chinese, etc were shit on for many years in this country.  but, they were productive and hard working.  they didnt lay around in welfare filth and shoot each other instead.
Well, the difference with the black community involves many factors...

1) there was very little of a coherent cultural identity among blacks as compared to immigrants coming from Europe.  Since most blacks in the U.S. today are descended from slaves, their cultural heritage had to essentially reboot after the abolition of slavery.  While there are distinct black cultural characteristics in American culture (like various music forms created by black Americans, like Negro spirituals, blues, r&b, jazz, soul, rap, etc.), oppression was their collective origin.

2) the War on Poverty put forth some shortsighted policies that encouraged the disintegration of the black family (like policies that gave black mothers more government funds if they were unmarried as opposed to being married).

3) drug addictions seemed to sweep through black communities worse than many others because things like cocaine and crack became readily available on the street around the same time as the disintegration of many black families.  When coupling this with the fact that drug dealing can make a lot of money much faster than working at McDonald's, it's no surprise that a lot of drug dealing happens in black ghettoes.

Of course, plenty of meth dealing and addictions seem to be sweeping through white ghettoes.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5391
i dont like excuses turq.  get it done.  period.  go to school.  work hard.  simple.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-09-19 18:16:11)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5689

Red Forman wrote:

i dont like excuses turq.  get it done.  peroid.  go to school.  work hard.  simple.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6139|'straya

Red Forman wrote:

i dont like excuses turq.  get it done.  period.  go to school.  work hard.  simple.
To an extent I kinda agree, they do need to be proactive. But that is very easy to say from you being someone who never encountered the same problems.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6631|Your moms bedroom
Please state the similarities of the gun laws between Canada and the US.....

Gun laws vary state to state

Plaxico Burress gets arrested for having an unregistered gun in New York after shooting himself (2 years in prison)

In Maine I can open carry an unregistered loaded gun anywhere, but in my car I cannot keep the gun loaded unless I have a concealed weapons permit even if its laying on the passenger seat or clearly visable in the window.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6697
Typical Macbeth thread: Borderline offensive and poorly thought out.  Don't blame it on black people.  It's not skin color that's the problem.  The problem is, Black people tend to be poor, and gangs tend to be made up of poor people.

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2009-09-19 20:24:24)

1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5969|Blue Mountain State
they're poor because they spend all their money on gats. dim glocks, tec-9s, and aks is espensive yo. ammo too.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
I'm halfway split between poverty/environment and race/culture.

Having said that our African cousins do seem quicker to resort to violence, and value life less, than white europeans.
Using violence and aggression does seem more important in proving manhood also.

There, I'm a racist.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Having said that our African cousins do seem quicker to resort to violence, and value life less, than white europeans.

There, I'm a racist.
Well, there is a significant difference between African-Americans and Africans.  In many African nations, education is very poor, and poverty is the worst in the world.  So when humanity lives under those conditions, people do tend to act like animals.  I don't think it's a genetic thing.

As for African-Americans, their culture is directly affected by similar but less extreme factors.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-09-19 22:35:33)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well, there is a significant difference between African-Americans and Africans.
Racially not so much, and I was comparing african-americans and anglo-americans.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
Most of them want to be rappers and ballers instead of scientists and CEO's. That's the major problem.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5391

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

To an extent I kinda agree, they do need to be proactive. But that is very easy to say from you being someone who never encountered the same problems.
excuse me?  did you ever see 8 mile?(and please, no stupid m&m refs)  well that was like the area i grew up in although it was cleveland.  go youtube cleveland tourism for an example.  i didnt have shit and my dad died when i was 10.  dont go assuming everyone here is a spoiled suburban kid.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-09-20 05:57:06)

jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

Cybargs wrote:

Most of them want to be rappers and ballers instead of scientists and CEO's. That's the major problem.
solution:

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Red Forman wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

excuse me?  did you ever see 8 mile?(and please, no stupid m&m refs)  well that was like the area i grew up in although it was cleveland.  go youtube cleveland tourism for an example.  i didnt have shit and my dad died when i was 10.  dont go assuming everyone here is a spoiled suburban kid.
Military is quite a smart option for most kids imo.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

usmarine wrote:

https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/avatar-9770.gif
But srsly - respect.
Ticia
+73|5326

Dilbert_X wrote:

There, I'm a racist.
African as those who live in Africa? 'Cause if you're talking about those then yes you are probably right.

People of african heritage living in the north western world are equal to white ones, being we're all violent bad-asses when we get the chance, gotta thank the gaming for crime not being higher
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
But, looking at the data in the OP, people of african heritage living in the western world are far more violent.
I don't see how it can be explained by poverty alone.
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

But, looking at the data in the OP, people of african heritage living in the western world are far more violent.
Culture is a factor as well though.
Ticia
+73|5326

Dilbert_X wrote:

It is poverty, lack of education, one parent household, gangs and gun loving.
An african-american boy raised in a good family environment with enough money is as violent as a white boy in the the same conditions. Race as a scapegoat should be buried like all the Lombroso theories failed to be proven.
Wreckognize
+294|6476
ITT: we all make sweeping generalizations about race.
13rin
+977|6470

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Who can't have guns?   They are still legal in most places.

Are you saying if we get rid of the black people that gun violence would be solved?
I'm getting the feeling after your bizzarre burger king post and this one that you don't care for black people?
You left out the one about fallout3 being like Africa.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6687|NJ
Well if we're talking about Black crime.   

The weird thing is even if Gangs make tons of money, They really can't do what you or I could do with it. The illegal money doesn't have the same value as legit money in this country. So if say a drug dealer makes 50k clear a year, he's still going to have to live in a poverty ridden area and way below his means to avoid getting caught.

So technically even though they are making a decent amount of money, they really don't have any long term goals or anything to make themselves want to improve or improve there area.

I'm saying them and they as a generalization of POORER people who live off of ill gotten money.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard