you couldn't wipe your ass in Iraq without 10 ppl knowing about it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

SEREMAKER wrote:

Because you had to let your battle buddies know where you were going
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
We made the reporter that embedded with us leave. He had no place in the lead humvee in a convoy.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

JohnG@lt wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Because you had to let your battle buddies know where you were going
fkn cnn tagging along ..... some show for history channel ...... marines busting the door open and popping pics of you and by the time you get out its up-loaded and on front page of NY Times
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
damn, a lot of those people who went to Vietnam and who cam back they were fucked up 2, WW2 was different it was a pride war. In Iraq U.S. invaded the country which was unnecessary, nothing was found people died and those who came back well they experienced a lot of stuff to say at least.... take care man... get some counseling if u can, or some people who have gone through the similar situation, so you can talk to them.....

Last edited by blademaster (2009-09-17 22:15:04)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

blademaster wrote:

damn, a lot of those people who went to Vietnam and who cam back they were fucked up 2, WW2 was different it was a pride war. In Iraq U.S. invaded the country which was unnecessary, nothing was found people died and those who came back well they experienced a lot of stuff to say at least.... take care man... get some counseling if u can, or some people who have gone through the similar situation, so you can talk to them.....
I'm pretty sure in WWII people returned with PTSD/shell shock/combat fatigue/operational exhaustion as well. Perhaps it wasn't as widely publicized as it is today, but alas such were the times.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
TrueMusou
+36|6160|United States Of Hamerica
S3v3n, no disrespect to the service men and women on these forums....but my ankling is that there are more lounge chair warriors (I my self am one...) than there are people who know what you've experienced or what you're going to. But have you tried sharing this in other forums? http://forums.military.com/eve may have more people that can relate with you more.

But nonetheless, speaking strictly from the limited scope of life that I've experienced...just know that you aren't alone in this. Talking to people, sharing the pain is a start to come to grips with it and ultimately rediscover what's good in life.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6511|Gold Coast
My only words to you are: Stay positive. The moment you let your mind sink into that dark bottomless pit only drags you further into sorrow.

Hope all goes well.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Ioan92
+337|5722

S3v3N wrote:

I sit here, in my 3 bedroom house paid for the blood and sweat of working my ass off, typing thing.  This place was once occupied by what I thought was my loving wife and now 4 year old son, whom I rarely get to see. At least he still calls me Daddy...

Rewind back to June 2000.  I joined the Marine Corps at 18, I left for MCRD San Diego a week after graduation.  I hadn't been with my new unit for more than 9 months, then some people decided to crash a few jets into a buildings and a year alter I found myself in Afghanistan.

Most of the memories I have from the Marine Corps are just snapshots, pictures.  I remember a few one liners friends said and "oh shit, look at that!"  I survived the battle for Nasiriyah during the initial invasion, 10 members of my squad weren't so lucky.  Then not even a year later I found myself fighting house to house in a terrible place most people call Fallujah.  I was hit in the neck and right arm from fragments of an RPG.  I remember waking up in the Shock-Trauma tent with a nurse, whom I still chat with occasionally to this day.  From all my time deployed I received the curse most of you know as PTSD, but like an idiot I keep all the anger, sorrow, frustration and a bunch of other feelings I can't describe bottled up.  Bottled up deep down inside.  I look back to 5 years ago when I was a new married young veteran with a child on the way as a happy man, with a dark past, a past that was kept hidden.  I did unspeakable things, things I can't repeat. Things I regret.  Things that will haunt me for the rest of my life.  I've ended other people's lives, its a guilt, a curse that no man should have to feel..

After only being married for a year, my young wife left me, taking my son to another state.  I fought her in court just so I could prove to her I had the right to see my son, she would use the notion of PTSD as a reason to keep him from me.  I succeed and had a very emotional reunion with my son as she looked on, a few years from then, she'd tell me how horrible she felt that day depriving me of my only son.

A short time after my then wife left me, I resigned from being a Deputy Sheriff and decided to finish my degree in Civil Engineering. It was there I met a Marine Corp vet, in a Calculus who was also finishing the same degree I had my sights set on since I was a young lad.  He too harbored the same emotions I did, however he chose a different path in life.  He chose to seek counseling for his troubles at the advisement of his wife.  I have more respect for that woman that anybody I've ever met.  She has stood by his side at the darkest of times.  I've told them my story of woe and how my wife left when the fecal matter started to hit the air osculation unit. As is the case for alot of military personal returning home from a combat deployment, break ups and divorce..

I wonder how my dad and his brothers survived after Vietnam and how my grandfathers survived World War 2 after the war, they were able to return to a normal life after war.  For along time I carried the guilt that my divorce was my fault, but now being able to talk to my ex wife I find it was a combination of both of us.  All things that could have been fixed, I'm sure. 

I just don't have it in me to try again anymore.  I can't go out and party, I have a fear of large crowds. On that tangent I still scan the side of the road while I drive. I still have nightmares and sleepless nights. 

After typing this all out, I've just faced the reality that the only person I've talked to this about is a Shrink in an office. My mom knows I'm a changed man, I'm not that all star football player that threw away a scholarship to a college..  My dad simply told me to do what makes me happy. 

So what now?
This is basically one of the thousand of reasons showing the army (from which-ever country) is not to be joined. I feel deeply sorry for you, and I honestly hope you won't encourage the people you know to experience the military.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Actual experience may vary.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399
Funny you say that.  I was driving to work this morning and slammed on the brakes in the middle of the highway cause I saw a piece of trash up ahead.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6437
Not really in a position to say anything about your specific situation, but may have some insight into feeling better about yourself.  Pardon the analogies, as I have no personal experience within your setting.  And mind you, I say this with a sweeping generalization of things to be "ashamed" of. 

We are NOT our past actions, we are merely a human in a position who made that decision at that moment.  A person who has stolen is not a thief, they were a thief at the MOMENT they stole, but from that moment on, they are who they become.  If they vow to never steal again, and stay true to that vow, then they are NOT a thief.  Your past theoretically has no power over who you want to be today.  Don't ever let anyone or anything steal that conviction from your soul....

Find people in similar situations, supported by say, a bi weekly appt with a well-respected therapist.  You can tell an honest therapist and know that no one will ever be privy to that information.  Sometimes a therapist can be even more therapeutic than talking to someone who's been through the same thing.  A good therapist is neutral, no expectations, they liisten, and if you ask, they might give insight.  Therapists exist, IMHO, because of some strange innate or possibly societal "pride" where admitting our TRUE faults and feelings, isn't deemed an option for even the best of friends, nonetheless general society.

Good luck man, all you have is today.  Every plan we make is a tiny prayer that there's a tommorrow.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2009-09-18 03:49:41)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399

Ioan92 wrote:

This is basically one of the thousand of reasons showing the army (from which-ever country) is not to be joined. I feel deeply sorry for you, and I honestly hope you won't encourage the people you know to experience the military.
if you dont join, you will prolly be forced to join.  dont be stupid.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Red Forman wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

if you dont join, you will prolly be forced to join.  dont be stupid.
SSS lulz
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399

S3v3N wrote:

MCRD San Diego
found the problem.  hollywood marine.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال

S3v3N wrote:

and decided to finish my degree in Civil Engineering.
I say go wild in your studies. Do like me when am down, I just work on my studies at the uni the whole night. It pays off.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Wreckognize
+294|6484
MDMA has been used to treat PTSD.  So go to a rave.

But srsly, psychedelic therapy is the way of the future.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6695|NJ
Honestly, you're raised in a society where live is looked at to be more precious that it really is. We all have our life spans and yours just outlasted the people that you met.

There's really no guilt or shame that you need to feel. You believe in God, they believe in Alli or God. Shit happens, it's a "War". You owe it to the lives you took and your son, To man up and live the best life you can

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2009-09-18 09:13:53)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
What makes you think he's a God fearing religious sort of guy who was killing some Allah fearing religious dudes, it's not always like that
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6695|NJ
OK I'll just say a higher power..

The biggest reasons this Shell Shock is coming around now,
1. is we're taught and raised that all human life means something and
2. The constant stress brought on by power weapons and being in a constant state of readiness and fear

So if we take away the fact that all human life doesn't really mean as much as we care to think that it does, then all he really has to deal with is the reality he's in now.  That his life isn't in constant danger and he can try to revert back to who he was.
13rin
+977|6478
I wish I could help.  I haven't the experience or wisdom to offer any advice.  To do so would be an insult to those that fought and bled beside you. I'm sorry.  However I will express my profound respect and gratitude for your unflinching service to our great country.  Thank you.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6775
your the man bro, your sacrific is admirable and from the bottom of my heart...thank you for serving. I hope things get better and I wish you the best. You are so strong.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH
S3V - Stay strong and never, NEVER let yourself or any body run you down. Life is tough but you gotta be tougher for your son, remember that.
As for support - you can check with the VA to see what they can do for you. Do the right thing bro
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

As many others have said, I don't really have a lot I can say to help you out. However, just do the best you can to enjoy yourself and try not to worry too much. There's lots of people on here that are always willing to talk and support you if you need someone, so do remember that when you're feeling down.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US
I'll echo the suggestions about getting into a group of vets and getting some professional counseling.  Both of those options help a whole heck of a lot of good people.  Then, take the good where ever you find it.  Keep moving forward.  We can't change the past, but we can make the future.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard