CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6101|Carnoustie MASSIF
A thread dedicated to those songs you just can't help but listen to and reminisce. Songs from mad parties, songs that helped you through a hard time, songs that pick you up. Any song, any reason.

Here's a couple of mine:

Yes, it's bubblegum-pop-punk, but it helped me through my rents breaking up, so it always has a place.

My favourite Biffy tune, when I saw them live in Dundee a couple of years back, I couldn't help but stand in awe when they played this, fantastic.

And finally, for that 'first love make out bullshit song', it has to be an entire album, 'The singles' by Feeder, to be precise, and this is my favourite song off of it, you just can't help but jump around like a fucking nutter when you hear this.

And for that brilliant club anthem you can't help but sing and dance to when you're munted with the lads...

So, post your favourite songs and albums, you don't need a reason, but if you want to share why, feel free.

Last edited by CammRobb (2009-08-29 04:54:47)

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

https://balogh-design.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/51qiuybtrcl_ss500_.jpg

I know this album isn't that old, but it always seems to cheer me up when I'm down.
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6589|Medford, WI
inb4U2
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Crises - Mike Oldfield
No idea why really.

And
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
The Kooks - Naive
Reminds me of the french trip I had it year 9. My mate took mini speakers and his mp3 player, and every morning at around 8 we'd wake everyone up with this song. Makes me quite sad tbh, I barely see any of the people that went on that trip.

Bloc Party - Helicopter
Reminds me of when I was in a band, and I loved playing this, because for so long we had no drummer, and then when we got one, this was the first song we played, and it sounded complete

Pendulum - Still Grey
Has to be my favorite Pendulum song ever, and will always remind me of the summer of 2008, doing my exams, and just relaxing with this in the background.

London Elektricity - Just One Second
If I had to make a montage of this summer, I'd put this song behind it. A beautiful song, for a really good summer

Dizzee Rascal - Dance Wiv Me
I don't really like Dizzee Rascal, but this is the song that was playing on my mp3 player when I got off the train at London Waterloo on my first day of college

UB40 - I got you babe
When me and 3 mates went to Holland for 4 days to visit a clan mate, we were picked up by his dad at Amsterdam airport, and this was the first English song to come on the Radio.

Wiley - Wearing My Rolex
The song that they played non stop in Turkey last year. Can't help but think of Turkey when I hear it now.

For shits and giggles, the drum and bass remix. Please ignore the fucking presenter.

Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
The song that they played every night on holiday with Jess' family this year. Always think of that holiday when I hear it now

Also for that holiday was Beyonce - Sweet Dreams.
Purely because of the bit of crazy she does after the chorus. Everytime it came to that part, everyone would take the piss and try and do it Fucking hilarious. (It's the bit at 1.30 and 3.20 haha)

Zarif - California (Danny Byrd Remix)
This is without a doubt my favorite DnB song ever. I first heard it in June on the Hospital Records Podcast (if you're a liquid fan, check it out ) and since then, I've wanted to have the full release. It's now here What a fucking tune.

London Elektricity - Outnumbered
The very first song I heard from one of the best producers for liquid. Great song too. Check out the album by him, Syncopated City.

Puddle of Mudd - Blurry
One of those songs when your down, but sorta angry too. I guess it would be good if you had just broken up with your gf too or something. Really good song tbh.

Hoobastank - The Reason
A really really peaceful song, if you get what I mean. Also quite relevant to me, because I've changed alot since hearing it (I'm getting goosebumps listening to it )

Finch - Letters To You
A really good song for when your down I think. I love the harmony on the chorus too. It has some really awesome lyrics.

Arctic Monkeys - Mardy Bum
The! song for when you've had an argument with your gf/bf. Haha

Still Remains - Stay Captive
What can I say. Fucking perfect harmonies. Hairs up on my neck every time. (and many times it has gotten people to move from next to me on the train...<3 air drumming )

Biffy Clyro - Machines
Amazing song. It really inspires me. I can't really explain it.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
This is really beautiful, the lyrics are so good. Another one that puts hairs up on my neck. I want this song at my funeral. It's also the only song I've spent more than 30 minutes trying to learn on guitar.

This version brings a lump to my throat. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the guy sings with such emotion.

Wow, wasn't expecting it to be that long ><
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia
Holyshit.. post

JakAttaK wrote:

Biffy Clyro - Machines
Amazing song. It really inspires me. I can't really explain it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE7TAloz … re=related
This song.

I saw Biffy play at the beginning of this year. It was just a week or so after I attended the military funeral of guy I had known through cadets.. he was just a few years older than me. When they played this song, it was so fucking surreal. Especially considering Simon wrote this song about his mother, the emotion in his voice was so raw.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Gooners wrote:

http://balogh-design.com/blog/wp-conten … ss500_.jpg

I know this album isn't that old, but it always seems to cheer me up when I'm down.
FUCKING /THREAD

BURIAL'S 'UNTRUE' IS THE BEST ALBUM SO FAR OF THE 21ST CENTURY.

ALL YOU THAT HAVENT RECOGNIZED ARE JUST BEHIND ON THE TIIMES
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

Uzique wrote:

Gooners wrote:

http://balogh-design.com/blog/wp-conten … ss500_.jpg

FUCKING /THREAD

BURIAL'S 'UNTRUE' IS THE BEST ALBUM SO FAR OF THE 21ST CENTURY.

ALL YOU THAT HAVENT RECOGNIZED ARE JUST BEHIND ON THE TIIMES

(y)
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Yo thread, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but BURIAL'S 'UNTRUE' IS THE BEST ALBUM SO FAR OF THE 21ST CENTURY.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6489|Montucky

The only song that will actually bring me to tears.  I think about all my friends I've lost in Iraq...
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

L U T H E R  V A N D R O S S

That's all.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

https://www.guinness-records.com/files/jacket/1194774316_1.jpg

2 track EP, pure genius.
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6408|Germany
After breaking up with a girl I liked I took up running and while running I listened to The Youngblood Brass Band. One sone especially stayed in my mind:

Edit: wow, quality sucks on this one...

Last edited by mr.hrundi (2009-09-19 14:43:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard