Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

mcminty wrote:

As an aside: Ty - 4 years at uni. Sooo... you have your degree now?
So close I can almost taste the fucking thing Minty, so close I can fucking taste it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6735|Sydney, Australia

Ty wrote:

mcminty wrote:

So close I can almost taste the fucking thing Minty, so close I can fucking taste it.
Fucking good show. I take it this is now your last semester (assuming your uni semesters run roughly in sync with ours - for reference I'm at week 8 out of 13).

I've still got 3.75 (out of 5.5) years , so at the moment I'm well settled into the monotony of uni.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6163|'straya
There's a fair bit wrong with it. Most of it has already been covered.
Do you actually believe what you are writing? Because generally if you believe/ believe in what you are writing then it will be better.

I can tell you that if you submitted that in my English class you wouldn't get any higher than about a D+
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6186|New Austin, Not

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I can tell you that if you submitted that in my English class you wouldn't get any higher than about a D+
^ This (for high school anyway)

If you submitted that paper in a University course, you would fail pretty damn hard. You would probably get a email from the prof with the words "please see me" on it. And those are typically not good.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

Yea but he's in Texas.

lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6367|Troy, New York
Needs better transitions between paragraphs.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6237|Escea

Ty wrote:

mcminty wrote:

What's it taste like?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6663

Kmarion wrote:

Bevo wrote:

All 5 paragraphs begin with "technology", and I read it a few more dozen times inside the paragraphs... clean that up.
Yes, this stood out from the get-go.
http://i27.tinypic.com/wk2qmr.gif
What an huge amount of effort to go to make a point.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6746|St. Andrews / Oslo

ghettoperson wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Bevo wrote:

All 5 paragraphs begin with "technology", and I read it a few more dozen times inside the paragraphs... clean that up.
Kmarion has this strange fetish for YouTube's and .gif's.

'tis nice for us slow people, lulz
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Bevo wrote:

er.. huge effort as in less than 2 minutes? Maybe a huge effort for amateurs such as Jenspm and yourself.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bevo
Nah
+718|6535|Austin, Texas

Kmarion wrote:

Yea but he's in Texas.

lol
would have been a failing grade in my 11th/12th grade English classes, and potential removal from them.

But yes on the majority, texas schools are pretty far behind north/east coast.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6663
Brilliant mate. You put Shakespeare shame with that little critique.
WienerBreath
Hai guys
+14|5516|Fort Hood, Texas
Well here's my new essay, I edited it a lot and tried to make it better, but since I didn't have much time to do anything too drastic like restart I think this is what I'm going to be turning in. I feel like it is a lot better than my previous essay, but I'll let you guys judge.

Technology in medicine, communication, transportation, etc. is used by people for positive ways to help researchers find cures, improve health systems, and make life in general easier. It is also used in negative ways such as to send a text message to a friend while driving down the highway. Everyone is impacted in positive and negative ways by making hard tasks such as calculating large numbers simpler, but making people lazier and less willing to work by allowing them to use the television for entertainment purposes.
    Our branch of knowledge is very important to how we live our lives. New developments have revolutionized the way individuals live at home and outside of home. For example, access to the news online and on television is enhanced and because of this we do not have to spend time getting the newspaper and getting ink all over ourselves or searching through the text to find what we really want to read. People use technology to wash clothes, clean dishes, and clean their homes and that is important when they have a full-time job or have kids. Also, when traveling we do not realize that technology in our vehicles has been developed for decades to make it more efficient for us to drive places such as fast food restaurants. Access to food has been made easier than ever by the creation of fast food restaurants and drive-thru windows at restaurants such as McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, and Taco Bell. There is no longer a need to go inside a restaurant to order food because we can wait comfortably in our cars and order from outside the restaurant.
    All of these advancements are great, but with the growing amount of distractions from new devices such as cell phones comes disadvantages. Technology in school is a big reason why students are becoming less attentive in classes and becoming careless toward their school work. It is not always such a bad thing to have technology such as computers, projectors, and the internet in class, but students use iPods in class to listen to music when they should be listening to the teacher that is giving a lesson. Technology for students in the classroom should be limited to calculators, pencils, paper, and whatever necessary tools they need to do work. The use of technology in school is a debatable topic, but the use of communication devices and music devices outside of school is another problem. People talk and text on the phone when they are driving or walking along the sidewalk and that is not very safe for anybody if the person in control is not aware of what is going on around them. Nearly ten-thousand people are killed each year due to phone related accidents on the road. People do not understand that they are endangering themselves and others when they do not pay attention.
    Technology has many beneficial applications as well as detriments, but it is especially important in the medical field. The development of new machines in hospitals is important not only for doctors, but for the patients that need to be treated. Doctors and patients have not always had the advanced machines that we have today to figure out what is wrong with a person. Now there are machines that can be used in hospitals to do ultrasounds, x-rays, magnetic resonance image scans, and many other important procedures to make sure that people are in excellent condition. The application of technology is not just important inside the hospital, but also for the people that need to bring people to the hospital. Emergency crews use technology such as defibrillators, water hoses, hydraulic rescue tools, and other tools to help victims in car accidents, fires, and other emergency situations. If these emergency crews do not have these tools then they cannot help people that are in a life or death situation.
    Technology is applied in many different situations whether they are good or bad. But let’s face it, without technology people would have never moved up in society and would not have the tools needed to do difficult or untimely tasks in a reasonable amount of time. We should be using technological applications for the good of mankind and should not be take advantage of them just because they are easy to access. Individuals need to contribute to society so that we can advance even further to become more informed and develop new applications. With new technology becoming available everyday, we are impacted in positive and negative ways that help us and endanger us.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5945|Somewhere out in Space
First 3 were good but then you went retarded again.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

Ooooh.
NEVER use "etc."

Didn't really heed the advice did you. Is it still on technology and teenagers because I see very very little on teenagers.

There are many many things I could critique, I hate to tell you this but it's still a pretty bad essay. One positive - it's not as annoyingly repeditive as it used to be so thumbs up there. Seriously, just the changes you've made in that regard make this so much more readable and although as an essay it's still not very good, as a piece of writing it's miles better than what it was. One thing on that though; it's probably too chatty for an essay which you don't want. A response can be a bit chatty, an essay should always be formal. Not sure if that matters for 12th grade English though.

You still don't have an argument, your conclusion therefore does not conclude and as far as writing style is concerned, dosn't end very well either.

Grammatically it's fairly sound so good work there.

I think this is at least presentable while your other version simply wasn't. Like I said it's still not a good essay but I think it'll do. The most useful advice I can give you is that once it is marked and you get it back from your teacher, go to him/her and ask what you could improve. "How to write a better essay" is all you learn from essay writing so the more you do the more you improve.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6357|California
Took that prompt for the exit exam practice in...freshman year. Clunky, cliche examples, poor sentence variety (short and long sentences), expand vocabulary, reword the same ideas presented and add more supporting arguments.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6186|New Austin, Not

Ty wrote:

Ooooh.
NEVER use "etc."
This. It is a very big no no when writing papers.

And I would have to say your thesis statement isn't well stated if at all in the introduction. In fact all you did was state points of discussion but not the actual topic.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Well at least i wont have to deal with this shit for another semester.  I got 4 classes but half are independent and attendance optional so i get to sleep in the whole morning.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6186|New Austin, Not
Dude you are in Calgary right?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
dur, and thats the very reason i am still awake.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6186|New Austin, Not

What program are you taking?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Its called senior year.  Religious studies (if only it were just that, but they had to bring the personal shit and god mongering with it) and Philosophies of man.  I'm really pissed off at the former, i lost 10% of the total mark because i refused to enlighten the world on what influences me (mostly because i have no fucking clue), fucking bullshit!

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2009-09-14 23:49:59)

Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6186|New Austin, Not
Fuck Philosophy. It will be and will always be the shittiest option I have ever taken. 

Currently taking a BA in Economics and a BCOMM in Finance...Course load is a bunch of horse shit.

Lost 20% last year on a Business group project last year over a single mistype on a citation...Goddamn it, that stopped me from getting an A+

Last edited by Rohirm (2009-09-14 23:55:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard