OxenBreeder
+46|5764|KTRI
I remember waking up, turning on the TV that morning, the first tower had already been hit. I thought it was a smaller plane that hit the tower, and that it was just an accident. So I continue to get ready for work, as I was getting out of the shower, I hear on TV, a woman screaming "here comes another one!" By the time I got to the TV, the second tower had been hit. At that moment, I knew we were at war with someone, didn't know who, but I knew we were at war.

At the time I worked in a TV/appliance store. So we had news coverage on all the TV's. We had very few customers that day because of the tragedy. But there was on woman who stood out in my mind. She was looking to replace a portable TV, she made a comment, "well, I guess I won't be getting to watch my soaps today."  If there ever was a day that I wanted to take someones life, it was that day, because of her comment. Stupid cunt!

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

NEVER FORGET!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Rip
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
I really wish they would stop saying all the names that died that day on TV every year though. Enough is enough.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5749|شمال
Rip
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5935

Sydney wrote:

It's strangely true, I was 10 years old back then and all I knew about it back then was that some buildings somewhere in the US were falling down.

And yet I remember exactly where I was when it happened.

RIP.
Same here. I was sipping orange juice watching TV before I was going to go to school. Then I saw the news and about 10 minutes later got a phone call saying school was closed for a memorial.

I was 8 years old, and I watched 2 giant towers fall to the ground, killing hundreds of people.

That is one of the main reasons I'm joining the Marines later.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Sydney wrote:

It's strangely true, I was 10 years old back then and all I knew about it back then was that some buildings somewhere in the US were falling down.

RIP.
Same here. I was sipping orange juice watching TV before I was going to go to school. Then I saw the news and about 10 minutes later got a phone call saying school was closed for a memorial.

I was 8 years old, and I watched 2 giant towers fall to the ground, killing hundreds of people.

Stupid reason to join up. Do it for yourself if you're going to do it at all.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Just came back from school at the time when I heard about it, was weird to watch, like it wasn't real. Strangest thign to me is even though I've seen the footage hudnreds of times, seeing it live is the bit I'll always remember most.

RIP.

Also, conspiracy theorists keep out of this thread.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5935

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Sydney wrote:

RIP.

Stupid reason to join up. Do it for yourself if you're going to do it at all.
I said it was *emphasis* ONE of the reasons.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6347|Belfast
I was in the World Trade Center two weeks before 9/11. I was seven at the time. I regret not getting my dad to buy a picture now

I'll never forget looking down on all of those yellow taxis from the top.

RIP

Last edited by henno13 (2009-09-11 11:41:47)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

I always wanted to stand on the top deck ever since I saw it in Home Alone 2. Now I'll never get the chance.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Ah, where I was..

I was in the 2nd (considering it was a Tuesday) day of 4th grade, which would put me around 9. I remember my teacher leaving and pretty much telling us to just hang out and play with the board games he had stored all around the room. At around 9:30-10:00, we got about 7-10 calls on the phone sending kids to the front office to be picked up, including me. I remember my mother picking me up and telling me and just being in a state of shock. Actually, the first thing I thought of was my 3rd grade teacher's son, because having just come from her class last year, I remember her telling us her son had worked on the top of one of the Twin Towers. As I guessed it, he died that day. I watched the rest of the aftermath as soon as I got home, and I remember looking for something else to watch just to get my mind off of it and every channel except for Nickelodeon was running feeds of CNN, FOX or the ABC/FOX/NBC/CBS local outlets due to them all being located in NYC.

The following day, my teacher (who we still barely knew at this point) was, as ordered, telling us about what happened and had us ask questions. I remember one kid asking "who did it?" to which another - keep in mind that these are 4th graders - replied "I heard it was this guy Osama Bin Laden". That was the first time I'd heard his name.

Ever since then it's still stuck with me. I remember smelling the smoke that had traveled to Long Island as I went out to the bus stop. I remember seeing the paper the following day and how it was mostly just pictures, one of what's now known as "The Falling Man". Even though I wasn't related to my teacher's son nor did I ever even meet him, it just made it hit home for me. His funeral remains the only time I've ever been in a church.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6557|Hungary
All innocent people should rest in peace, who were target by their own gov...never mind. Slowly more and more people are waking up and the truth will win in the end! God bless the right people from the USA!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

/facedesk

/facedesk

/facedesk

/facedesk
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

venom6 wrote:

All innocent people should rest in peace, who were target by their own gov...never mind. Slowly more and more people are waking up and the truth will win in the end! God bless the right people from the USA!
What?
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6557
People using their silly little conspiracy theories to gather attention to themselves on what should be a day of rememberance and mourning, seriously, grow up.  Give me twenty minutes and photo shop and I could provide "irrefutable proof" that not only was Bob Sagget responsible for 9/11, he also faked the moon landings and started the crusades as well as the holocaust.  Remember folks, just cause some second rate nut job on youtube says it's true, don't make it so.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

m3thod wrote:

second rate nut jobs in the DoD managed to make you lot believe iraq had WMD's.
Fooling the public is one thing.  Fooling the vast majority of the intelligentsia is quite another.

If it turned out that 9/11 was an inside job, this would be the most successful hoax in American history.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe neocons are that clever or that competent.
Turquoise
O Canada

m3thod wrote:

I wasn't refering to 9/11 in my statement.

It is possible to dupe both the simpletons and the intelligentsia, it's called propaganda.  Nut jobs may get off the wank on utoobs however a repeated message echoing around the corridors of the Pentagon managed to create an ererroneous belief with regards to Iraq's weapons capability.

Same shit, different message.
Anything is possible, yes.  But I'm asking if you believe this is likely.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
It's good that it rained today. Water does magical things.
FEOS
+1,182|6409|'Murka

m3thod wrote:

Don't forget the second-rate nutjobs in the UK, France, and other countries.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6713|US
Which brings up the question: why are the world governments dominated by "second-rate nutjobs?"
Serously, we had a ton of intel, but did not interpret it all correctly.  (We did sell Saddam the components for chem. weapons.  We still have the reciepts...)

Perhaps this should be a different thread?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Out of interest - and I'm not having a go at the OP or anyone here - I wonder how long it will take before people stop remembering Sept.11 by for example, making threads like these, or just mentioning it in conversation on the day? I'm sure this sort of thing didn't happen after say, Pearl Harbour.
Turquoise
O Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

Out of interest - and I'm not having a go at the OP or anyone here - I wonder how long it will take before people stop remembering Sept.11 by for example, making threads like these, or just mentioning it in conversation on the day? I'm sure this sort of thing didn't happen after say, Pearl Harbour.
I obviously didn't live back then, but I would assume that the first decade or so after the attack at Pearl Harbor probably did involve remembrance activities on that day.  Obviously, it probably wasn't as international in response as 9/11 currently is, but within America, I would guess that it was much the same.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Turquoise wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I obviously didn't live back then, but I would assume that the first decade or so after the attack at Pearl Harbor probably did involve remembrance activities on that day.  Obviously, it probably wasn't as international in response as 9/11 currently is, but within America, I would guess that it was much the same.
Right after I posted that, I came up with a reason which I think plays a large part, and why I now imagine for the rest of our lives we will think of it on that date - because the attack has always been referred to as Sept.11, not World Trade Center attack, or something like that.
Turquoise
O Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Right after I posted that, I came up with a reason which I think plays a large part, and why I now imagine for the rest of our lives we will think of it on that date - because the attack has always been referred to as Sept.11, not World Trade Center attack, or something like that.
Good point...
FEOS
+1,182|6409|'Murka

m3thod wrote:

FEOS wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Don't forget the second-rate nutjobs in the UK, France, and other countries.
I point my finger at ringleaders not the worthless scraps below.
So countries other than the US are "worthless scraps"?

I'll remember that for use later.
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard