FaBuL0uS
pro medick
+3|5344|Baltimore, MD
i want thsi game to be like cod. i want customizable weopens rather than premade kits. Hit reg would also be nice.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

FaBuL0uS wrote:

i want thsi game to be like cod
THat's what it probably will be. That's also why it will suck but i guess it's easier to copy other games than make something completely new and innovative nowadays.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
Well with their new engine and vehicles warfare I say its different from the rest of the fps. Hopefully no matyr doom will make it to the game, that would just be so bad.
i would like the option to play as a female in the game that would be nice
I0973
+1|6123
more close range maps, a map that is is just the palace in warlord would be good, infantry only maps more maps with no jets but helicopters (like iron gator and ghost town)
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
Kit customizing, alot of variation between the classes, mod support(you gotta have mods), and a few other things I can't think of.

I0973 wrote:

more close range maps, a map that is is just the palace in warlord would be good, infantry only maps more maps with no jets but helicopters (like iron gator and ghost town)
Go wait for BC 2 then. No flyable jets there.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FaBuL0uS
pro medick
+3|5344|Baltimore, MD

Zukabazuka wrote:

Well with their new engine and vehicles warfare I say its different from the rest of the fps. Hopefully no matyr doom will make it to the game, that would just be so bad.
i agree deffinately. basically the only thing that makes bf2 such a (what used to be) popular game would have to be vehicles. the possiblities are basically endless on the vehicle perspective.. fix the hit reg and bf2 would probably be the best game of its time
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6534|Area 51

FaBuL0uS wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

i agree deffinately. basically the only thing that makes bf2 such a (what used to be) popular game would have to be vehicles. the possiblities are basically endless on the vehicle perspective.. fix the hit reg and bf2 would probably be the best game of its time
Even with the crappy hit reg is definitly was one of the better games of its time. Atleast IMO.
FaBuL0uS
pro medick
+3|5344|Baltimore, MD

RDMC wrote:

FaBuL0uS wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

Even with the crappy hit reg is definitly was one of the better games of its time. Atleast IMO.
well i know personally that competition (5v5 and 8v8) is dead because of the hit reg and the fact that different gamesare coming out that are better.. the game is good but imo competition is what matters to me... it really depends on what people care about in the game..
RDMC
+736|6534|Area 51

FaBuL0uS wrote:

RDMC wrote:

FaBuL0uS wrote:

well i know personally that competition (5v5 and 8v8) is dead because of the hit reg and the fact that different gamesare coming out that are better.. the game is good but imo competition is what matters to me... it really depends on what people care about in the game..
Don't think that competition has mainly died because of poor hitreg. Used to play competative myself aswell and I saw a decline in conquest wars after IO was released and that gradualy died aswell, probably because of hitreg.
BVC
+325|6665
BF3 needs to have map variants designed for IO mode.
Desertfox287
+0|5330|U.S.A
I think BF3 should have everything that made the franchise good in it, especially the variety that is in the original 1942. I also think they should take 2142 as an example for the the point and rank system, as well as its buddy and server browser all were superior to their Bf2 counterparts. I would also like for it to  playable on lower end systems to give the games availability to a wider audience. They also need to 100% concentrate on BF3 since the main Battlefield audience is on PC not console.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

RDMC wrote:

FaBuL0uS wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Don't think that competition has mainly died because of poor hitreg. Used to play competative myself aswell and I saw a decline in conquest wars after IO was released and that gradualy died aswell, probably because of hitreg.
Only people with good reg will eventually be able to do good in competitive IO BF2. It doesn't matter how good you are, you won't win 1v1 / 1v2 /1v3's competitively if you dust every 3rd shot.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-08-30 03:30:19)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
RDMC
+736|6534|Area 51

DeathUnlimited wrote:

RDMC wrote:

FaBuL0uS wrote:

Only people with good reg will eventually be able to do good in competitive IO BF2. It doesn't matter how good you are, you won't win 1v1 / 1v2 /1v3's competitively if you dust every 3rd shot.
Fair enough.
5H1FTY
Its an 870, not a M11/87...
+1|5339|Texas
I'd like to see, as said before, the best things the BF series has developed over the past years all in one. It's hard to pick an era for the game, but I don't like futuristic game at all. Got BF2142 and didn't like it. Nothing I can relate to. The game definitely needs to use weapons/vehicles that exist or existed historically and be historically accurate in regards to power and accuracy (AK101 is no more powerful than a M16 in real life). Good, but not overwhelming graphics are a must. We all don't want to have to go out and upgrade/buy new puters just to play the game, but eye candy sells. Add blood...not too much, but semi realistic. Oh, and as said before, a headshot w/ a .50 isn't revivable pal, I don't care how badass your corpsman is...lol. 128 or 256 player maps would be awesome! More city maps w/ more buildings you can enter. Destructible terrain perhaps. Better AA ability for infantry. Give the A/T guy a Stinger or something (if based modern). UAV is great! leave it. 

Great aspects of BF2142:
I really do like the hitreg, the accuracy of weapons, and the smoothness (you don't hop and lose sprint when going from running on asphalt to concrete). I like the unlock system of BF2142 also, but there should be more in BF3. Rally points are a cool idea also, and the enemy should get points for destroying one.

Great aspects of BF42:
As mentioned before, I'd like to see artillery done the way BF42 did it. Spotter and remote gunner. It shouldn't be targeted by the commander's all seeing eye. The warbirds is the primary reason I'd like to see BF3 based in WW2. Perhaps Korean war era would be cool. No more unskilled dogfights. Must use guns to shoot down your opponent. IF it were to be based in WWII, I'd like to see all of the old planes used. Actually, I'd like to see it as Forgotten Hope was done for BF42, but with squads and unlocks as mentioned above. Armor combat was done perfect in FH-42 also. Pretty much all combat was done great in FH-42 except terribly inaccurate CQB fights with SMG's. Just add squads/commander/spotting. Balance in planes. Each plane has strengths and weaknesses. No plane dominates if the pilot knows how to exploit the weaknesses of his opponent's plane and use the strengths of his own. No more of this J-10 vs F-35 noobs slaying aces going on.

Great aspects of BF-V:
Kit selection. - as mentioned in above post(s). Music in vehicles. In game taunts.

I've lost my train of thought, and many of these have been said....but yeah.

5H1FTY

[5th MR] Shifty
Smoke_me_a_Kipper
+0|5323
I want pilots to be pilots. Not snipers, medics, etc. That way players can only get class achievements, badges by playing that class. Once you enter an aircraft you become a pilot and not what ever class you were.

That way if you need flight time to be a general, you can still get you flight time - but you have to play the other classes separately to rank as well.
Some BF2 players only ever walk on the runway and still are gold level veterans in all ranks. That's BS.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!

DeathUnlimited wrote:

RDMC wrote:

FaBuL0uS wrote:

I could name 10 players who play at the top level of bf2 and dust every 3rd shot, it's a game based on teamwork and thats what wins in competition at high level.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten

Smoke_me_a_Kipper wrote:

I want pilots to be pilots. Not snipers, medics, etc. That way players can only get class achievements, badges by playing that class. Once you enter an aircraft you become a pilot and not what ever class you were.

That way if you need flight time to be a general, you can still get you flight time - but you have to play the other classes separately to rank as well.
Some BF2 players only ever walk on the runway and still are gold level veterans in all ranks. That's BS.
That's a neet idea, maybe if it was so that you could only enter a vehicle if you spawned as a certain class...
EE (hats
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5580|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Morpheus wrote:

Smoke_me_a_Kipper wrote:

That's a neet idea, maybe if it was so that you could only enter a vehicle if you spawned as a certain class...
I think that they should just make it so that kills using a vehicle only count for global stats and the awards for that vehicle type, so people can only get the class award for infantry combat(though mounted guns on defenses: (ie- sandbags), should count for class awards.
Spectre*
envision, v4|, [cMc]
+5|5318|Atlanta, Georgia
I hope they keep the arcade-e feel of BF2, its what keeps us playing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard