Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX
The Department of Education encouraged teachers to build lesson plans around the speech and offered "educators a menu of classroom activities…to help engage students in the address and stimulate classroom discussions about the importance of education."
Thats the spooky bit.
Brainwashing people young is the key
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13rin
+977|6469
I don't want that sumabitch addressing my son.  As a matter of fact, he won't be -as my son is in a private school. 

First, the man is a bald faced liar.  I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.  His values and ideal of political extremism are not akin to mine or most Americans.  The President is circumventing the parental oversight and going after the kids.  He is taking time away from education where schools are all ready cutting physical education and other classes due to various reasons.  This is an unnecessary distraction.  As there are rabid Obamite teachers out there, this is without question a way for them to indoctrinate the children.  If I were a teacher my entire lesson plan that day would be devoted to teaching about propaganda.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5601|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
I lol'd at these.

https://www.imao.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/obamucation01.gif

https://www.imao.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bart-simpson-generator.gif

https://www.imao.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brainwash01.gif
*photos courtesy of IMAO
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6726|Salt Lake City

Typical conservative hypocrisy.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York
Much ado about nothing.

Seems to be the right's shtick nowadays.
Karbin
+42|6285

Poseidon wrote:

Much ado about nothing.

Seems to be the right's shtick nowadays.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6437|Chicago, IL
sore losers TBH, I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but I do admire his attempts to get inner city kids to attend and enjoy school
13rin
+977|6469

Kmarion wrote:

Reagan preached tax cut gospel to America’s students

Signed,
The sane conservative
Sorry, but Regan actually practiced what he preached and I agree with his ideals.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6630|Your moms bedroom
big fucking deal... when we were in school sometimes the teachers would wheel in the tv's for presidential broadcasts... obviously Obama is a communist

/sarcasm
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Signed,
The sane conservative
Sorry, but Regan actually practiced what he preached and I agree with his ideals.
Why are you apologizing? I agree with Reagan for the most part too. Of course Reagan was also a proponent of deficit spending .

My point is that I wish my conservative brethren would stop taking their eye off of the ball.

Kmarion wrote:

Hasn't every president sent some sort of message to school children at some point? They/We really need to pick our battles better.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=129994
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6469

Kmarion wrote:

Why are you apologizing? I agree with Reagan for the most part too. Of course Reagan was also a proponent of deficit spending .

My point is that I wish my conservative brethren would stop taking their eye off of the ball.

Kmarion wrote:

Hasn't every president sent some sort of message to school children at some point? They/We really need to pick our battles better.
I definitely agree with you on choosing our battles... and yea I wasn't really going to weigh in on this one.  It is a bit different being on the minority end of the politics.  Everything the other guy does is suspect.  After the budget bill and seeing how the Supreme community organizer tries to rush crappy legislation through that ends up being a major detriment to the prosperity of our country, its kinda hard to listen to him -let alone have him lecturing my kid.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

Wait till your kid gets to college..lol.
http://indoctrinate-u.com/pages/welcome.html
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

DBBrinson1 wrote:

i am going to start a poll. No, hear me out - how many members, active on this forum, actually voted for Reagan?
poll question: who believes today's conservatives actually are Reaganites? times change, and i've seen a shift away
from alot of the ideals RR both preached and implemented.

If i had kids, i would not object to president Obama standing in front of the class and and 'speechifying'. What i would do
is talk to my kid, ask what it meant to him, and have the last word.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6611|London, England

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I definitely agree with you on choosing our battles... and yea I wasn't really going to weigh in on this one.  It is a bit different being on the minority end of the politics.  Everything the other guy does is suspect.
You guys are so retarded with your bullshit partisanship and strict allegiances. Back when Bush was in power all the lefties constantly ragged on the government and all the righties defended it to death, now it's just the other way round, and you are even admitting it like it's perfectly normal to be like that.

What fucking nonsense. What's the point of even living in a democracy like that.

The US needs a civil war so all the idiots kill each other off.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-09-04 13:29:39)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6591|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I definitely agree with you on choosing our battles... and yea I wasn't really going to weigh in on this one.  It is a bit different being on the minority end of the politics.  Everything the other guy does is suspect.
You guys are so retarded with your bullshit partisanship and strict allegiances. Back when Bush was in power all the lefties constantly ragged on the government and all the righties defended it to death, now it's just the other way round, and you are even admitting it like it's perfectly normal to be like that.

What fucking nonsense. What's the point of even living in a democracy like that.

I think I've shown bipartisanship by saying this isn't something to go ape shit over. I've also said to cut that Hitler crap out too.

I'm not sure what you mean by nonsense though. Should he not share how he feels? Is that what living in a Democracy is about?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6532|Texas - Bigger than France
I would think the biggest political party influence on the kids is drugs, err I mean parents.

The president ain't going to alter much in that department.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6696
If that's all he is going to talk about, then there's no problem.  If he even mentions anything political, then I'm going to have a problem with that.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Kmarion wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I think I've shown bipartisanship by saying this isn't something to go ape shit over. I've also said to cut that Hitler crap out too.

I'm not sure what you mean by nonsense though. Should he not share how he feels? Is that what living in a Democracy is about?
It's pointless though, his feelings compromise of the simple fact that he's going to hate everything the other party does, because it's the other party. It is nonsense and makes a mockery of democracy, but yeah, he's free to say what he wants. I never said anything about that. People always get stuff like Democracy and ideologies like Communism and stuff like that mixed up with ideas of being free and being oppressed etc... you can get democracies that clamp down on freedoms, and you can get elected free Communist run places
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6819|Grapevine, TX

Spark wrote:

How about we judge the speech after it's given?
Why doesn't the WH provide transcripts of the speech? Oh, wait the are rewriting and revising the speech, must have been something wrong with the first! Now, I ask again... why wont they release the transcripts prior to the students watching it?? Wat is there to hide in this crystal-clear and transparent administration??

My 2nd grader will be going to school, but no she will not be watching the speech, until after her mom and I have approved of it's message. First.

If its all good then we will sit down as a family and discuss it... that's our God given right, being parents and all
Mekstizzle
WALKER
How often do they do that, release transcripts of speeches before they're actually spoken. You guys go too far with your bullshit, I don't even think the left went that far with their bullshit about Bush. It's only been like 8 months and already you guys have gone further and more crazy than they did in 8 years. It's just... well actually it's funny.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6819|Grapevine, TX

Mekstizzle wrote:

How often do they do that, release transcripts of speeches before they're actually spoken. You guys go too far with your bullshit, I don't even think the left went that far with their bullshit about Bush. It's only been like 8 months and already you guys have gone further and more crazy than they did in 8 years. It's just... well actually it's funny.
Hey man, My Daughter is MY BUSINESS!! Period. Her Mum and I decide how we will raise her. She's a delightful, fun-loving, respectful, sometimes mischievous, and humorous little 7 year old. Nothing personal man, but stay the fuck out of my business and my families life. That goes to the White House Administration , too. Your right about one thing...  they are transforming MY country from what it has been since I showed up 33 years ago, and it's only been 9 months.

Even her school had a parent/teacher meeting for over 90 minutes the first week, describing every facet of my child's curriculum. Can't the White House extend that same respect to the parents of these students? No, well fine. Ill watch it, decide, if she will and we will take it from there.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6819|Grapevine, TX

Kmarion wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Signed,
The sane conservative

Kmarion wrote:

Most of ya missed the point
In a National Press release, from the White House :PRESIDENT OBAMA DELIVERS NATIONAL ADDRESS TO AMERICA’S SCHOOCHILDREN [Before they corrected it a day later...]

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2009-09-04 14:46:02)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
Corrected it to what?

And yeah, fair enough it's your business. But it still sounds over the top and downright paranoid. I wonder if your parents did the same with you. I wonder what your reaction would be to parents who did that same shit to their children in the Bush years, you would've probably labelled them as lunatics.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6819|Grapevine, TX
In a National Press release, from the White House :PRESIDENT OBAMA DELIVERS NATIONAL ADDRESS TO AMERICA’S SCHOOCHILDREN
In a National Press release, from the White House :PRESIDENT OBAMA DELIVERS NATIONAL ADDRESS TO AMERICA’S SCHOOL CHILDREN
Simple typo, I do it all the time, it's just a little funny when the WH does it

My parents didnt have to shelter me from any Presidential Administration, as none ever spoke directly to me in grade school. btw, Pres. Bush Sr & Jr never spoke directly to students on a national level. They had other things in priority, like running the country. That's all...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard