+25|6749|Berlin
baserapping, yes. I love it.

raping = killing people at spawn
assets = objects
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6710|Howell, Mi USA

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

It is considered baseraping if you're attacking an uncap base. Doesn't matter where you are its still baseraping
There is no such thing as BASE RAPEING! If u don't like it leave, spawn somewhere else, or quit being a pussy and stop whining about being killed and do something about it and get ur team out of the hole. stop calling people base rapers and blah blah blah it's annoying.

That term gets taken way too far sometimes. it seems anymore i can't drive a tank into ANY flag and get more then 2 kills without being called a "spawn raper " it's pathetic. what am i supposed to do let them kill me while im lowering the flag? i don't think so.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-03-28 07:36:29)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6853

Cbass wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

It is considered baseraping if you're attacking an uncap base. Doesn't matter where you are its still baseraping
There is no such thing as BASE RAPEING! If u don't like it leave, spawn somewhere else, or quit being a pussy and stop whining about being killed and do something about it and get ur team out of the hole. stop calling people base rapers and blah blah blah it's annoying.

That term gets taken way too far sometimes. it seems anymore i can't drive a tank into ANY flag and get more then 2 kills without being called a "spawn raper " it's pathetic.
Exactly.

I get a little annoyed when it's happening to me, but that is about it.

Most of these kids just bitch about anything that causes them to lose the game.  "It ain't fun if I ain't winning" seems to be the mantra of most people nowadays.

Or should that be "It ain't fun if I ain't whining"?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6710|Howell, Mi USA
Kids gotta whine about something so might as well be something stupid. if my team is getting pwned like that i do something about it like fight back. i have never once started a kick vote in my whole bf2 career, i just deal with it.

Yea i get a little ticked about being killed at spawn but u gotta admit it's hella satisfying when u kill the person doing it.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-03-28 08:00:52)

[zulu]steviep831
+6|6649|Florida
"raping = killing people at spawn
assets = objects"

Exactly. This pilot was not at a spawn point. He was running for an asset. If the spawn point was at or in the plane then maybe I would consider it a rape OR if he had his scope targeted at a known spawn point....
xaven
+25|6749|Berlin

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

"raping = killing people at spawn
assets = objects"

Exactly. This pilot was not at a spawn point. He was running for an asset. If the spawn point was at or in the plane then maybe I would consider it a rape OR if he had his scope targeted at a known spawn point....
OMG. You mean this sniper just shoots assets (here: jets) and fortuitously a guy is sitting in this "asset"? Priceless, just priceless.

btw: We talk about baseraping and not about spawncamping.

Cbass wrote:

can't find the argument for "There is no such thing as BASE RAPEING!".
If attacking an uncap base is allowed, ok, no one should whine about it. If not, the admin may kick. easy.

Last edited by xaven (2006-03-28 08:53:24)

The Soup Nazi
+18|6803|North Lauderdale, FL
You probably got him all upset because by sniping him out of a jet, you're hurting his jet k:d ratio. 
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6710|Howell, Mi USA
@ xaven: i see what u mean it's just my opinion but im saying it's dumb to make up rules about how to play the game. if EA/DICE didn't want base rape going on they would put force fields around uncaps. all these guys complaining should use the time they spend starting kick votes and actually fight back.

LMAO @ Soup Nazi   ..... it's so true.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6649|Florida
xaven,
in the orginal thread the dshak tells you what he was doing. he was sniping the pilots as they were getting into the jets. this is what i'm responding to. i too am talking about baseraping and not spawncamping, but i'm trying to draw a comparison for you. my point was that you say raping is killing someone at the spawn point. the pilots he was killing were not at a spawn point. so i'm not sure how that can be called baseraping. can you explain your thoughts on why you think it is baseraping?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6759|Reality
Defintions:

Spawn camping:

Killing people as they spawn without any attempt to capture the flag. Most heinous forms involve armor or air.
Valid tactic? HELL YEAH. Caveat: We aren't trying to drive people away from BF2, take it easy OK? Besides if the rounds last longer you get more points, understand?

Base raping:

Spawn killing people at uncapturable base. A bolt action rifle IS capable of base raping albeit very slowly. . Hitting players in assets? GO FOR IT!

Question:

Is attacking a main base equivalent to base raping? No because there are VALID targets (including the Commander) in the main bases. Anybody shooting at you deserves a reply in kind don't you think?
And if a map has only 1 uncap, then 1 commander never loses his assets ?!?!? How fair is that ? And if you only allow Spec OPs into the bases, aren't you limiting the squad concept and the support class? And where exactly is the 'magical boundary' between uncap and the rest of the map?

Assets or equipment are ALWAYS fair game.

I got kicked for base raping for a buggy roadkill. I went in to the base to steal a jet, no jet just the commander (admin), ran him down and left the base. *sigh* True I killed him where he spawned but he hadn't moved in a couple of minutes. How much time do we give them to move, before they become targets?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
numbnuts
+2|6630
me too. ive had no problem with a sniper in the main base cos it gives me a chance to knife him, but thats wrong to be kicked for that. i was forced to switch teams once cos i killed the admin three times while trying to cap a flag on wake and other weird kicks for doing well.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6646|Washington, DC

If it said in server rules to not sit in the uncaps unless you're taking out assets, then he had every rigth to kick you.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6759|Reality

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

If it said in server rules to not sit in the uncaps unless you're taking out assets, then he had every rigth to kick you.
Like where is the magical boundary between uncap and the rest of the map then?? Good snipers can be 200-300m away from the uncap and still kill the pilots.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

if you can rape an uncap for a prolonged time without getting killed, that means the opposing team is incompetent and deserves to have all of their organs harvested for bloodhounds
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6713

Cbass wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

That term gets taken way too far sometimes. it seems anymore i can't drive a tank into ANY flag and get more then 2 kills without being called a "spawn raper " it's pathetic. what am i supposed to do let them kill me while im lowering the flag? i don't think so.
Hey moron, I didn't fucking say that I was whining. I was giving the definition.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6610|Las Vegas, NV USA
On camping uncapturables:

EA RoE allow for the admins to make these type of rules on their private servers, know matter how much I agree with you that it's a SISSY, PANZY RULE!

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

... End story is, if all you're going to do is spawn camp then there's little point in you playing the game. Do something a bit challenging, like if you're a sniper then do something challenging.
I LOVE SHOOTING PEOPLE OUT OF FLYING CHOPPERS!!!

On a side note, EvilMonkeySlayer, you've got some very excellent, very respectable, sniper stats going.

Dilligas wrote:

.... That and there is nothing better than putting C4 on a plane let it go up then at some point when out of sight go BOOM! You will win lots’o friends.  This is the only way I find this game enjoyable anymore.
LMAO.  Can't agree with you any more!  My worst enemy is a big time pilot, and the cause of my single (and hopefully ONLY) purple heart.  He was bombing the hell out of me when I was driving a buggy to get spawn points on the D. Oilfields.  Well, I finally got tired of it, went to his home airfield, hid near the hangars, and waited for the plane to spawn in.  He finally was killed, and had reached the plane just as it respawned in.  While the engines were warming up, I ran up on the plane and planted the C4.  I watched him leave the airstrip, spotted him out on the compass map, and watched for him to fly about halfway across the map before I detonated the C4.  Needless to say, I was laughing my ass off, and couldn't leave it at that.  So what did I do?  The same thing.... about 5 times in a row!

Now mind you, my worst opponent is a terror on the battlefield (with many, MANY victims under his belt), and up until this point he'd had sole domination of the skies for about three game rounds.  However, I disconnected that night with a new worst opponent, a purple heart, and a memory I'll probably never forget...

On that last round, I blew him up enough to not only keep him out of the air, but had ruined his fun enough for him to disconnect from the server, and probably go in search of better hunting grounds.

Sometimes it's just fun to take away the bullies' toys every now and then (especially when they think they're safely in the air)!  Hehehe.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6659|England
Was it Mooongamers

There are srict rules

Sgt.Davi ~ Moongameres user
={OGC}=Quik_Draw
+2|6609|Savannah, Goergia, USA
I agree...You think ANY Clan running a server would WANT good competition to test THEM...They have a built in advantage with PRIVATE Comms to coordinate their OWN movements...You do what you have to for the sake of a GOOD, balanced fight against those odds...Sniping from afar, even at the UCPs (As long as they are given the opportunity to spawn) is EXACTLY what being a sniper and harassing them is all about...They just can't take OWNAGE...CYA on the Battlefield!!!

I have been kicked on 4 occasions...SOLELY...for getting the best of some "HOMEY" wannabees on their server...Can't take the heat, there's always SONIC the freakin HEDGEHOG to go back to, kids!!!

OUT!

Last edited by ={OGC}=Quik_Draw (2006-04-09 09:42:18)

KillerNinja
+1|6609
To me that was not base rapping.  If you are able to kill people at 300 meters away, then you are too good.  I agree with you about the M95. It was made for that purpose.  Admins are just getting worse and worse these days.  Most, NOT ALL, but most admins are not that good.  My friend killed an admin by knife to his face. The admin did not even fire a shot and then clamed my friend for hacking then banned him.  What you were doing was legit and legal.  You were not even close to the base and you were helping you team. That is good enough for me.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6662|Peoria
yeah. Man, I had a bunch of guys saying how great our server was the other day. Thats always something an admin likes to hear, because its nice to know someone appreciates our efforts.

Another reason why I don't like the whole no sniper baserape idea.

If what your suggesting is true,

that means that

I as a sniper cannot shoot someone in an uncappable base (or any class for that matter).

That means that I am invincible (lets pretend that every time I am killed in a uncap, the person is kicked/banned, Thus no one will kill me for fear of banning, again unnormal, but hypothetical).

THUS

I can play sniper and snipe from an uncap all day long with impunity because the first person to attack me gets banned from the server?

How is this NOT abusing the game rules? Because this is literally how I have seen some servers interput the rules (fortunately they have lazy ass admins who don't inforce their own server rules so its not like your always going to be kicked)
lord_tyler_486
+54|6768|Upper Franconia
Lol I baserape all the time with my M95 if I want to, especially on Oman. But I never got kicked for this. Maybe I'm lucky.

I can just mention the thread ''THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BASE RAPING!''

Last edited by lord_tyler_486 (2006-04-09 11:26:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard