I buy some stuff, to support a few artists30%30% - 18
At a guess, I probably own over half of my music11%11% - 7
I buy all my music1%1% - 1
Other, please explain10%10% - 6
Total: 59
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
This poll has probably been done a few times before, but the results have probably changed now. I hope the poll options are sufficient

I buy some stuff, to support a few artists and pretty much download the rest. Also, if I have ordered a CD I often download the music before my CD arrives.

Artists get money off of me for live performances.

If I buy music downloads, I don't use iTunes because I don't want to have 256kb/s m4a files. I'd rather have high quality MP3s.

Also, of the CDs that I do own, the copies that I have on my computer are copies that I've downloaded because it's easier than ripping them myself.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5965
An artist can tour and get royalties from films/radio if he wants to earn money. Though I'll tend to buy "small band's" music where I can.

It's filthy that Souljah Boi can release one song with no merit that was advertised to the public effectively and become a multi-millionaire in a few months whereas someone who devotes their life to music earns no more than a normal paying job.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
I often visit stores that sell CDs and if I like something I buy. But there is music that is hard to come by in a store so I seek for it online, not necessarily meaning I buy it.

But most of the time when at home I just listen to Internet radio.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Wait, you can "buy" music?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

Hakei wrote:

An artist can tour and get royalties from films/radio if he wants to earn money. Though I'll tend to buy "small band's" music where I can.
Yeah, I've been to a load of free (or sometimes just a few £) gigs around my uni town. Small bands, mostly. Quite a lot of them have a "donate some money and have our EP/single" - so I do that.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

tbh I'd buy music if I had the money, just because it's so much cooler to actually have the CD/Vinyl.

But I don't so.... Option 1.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6416|Amsterdam‫
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY
I occasionally buy a good local artist's albums.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

I support artists in other, better ways. E.g I go on tours or buy merchandise
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

I do not buy any "."
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten
I like to have all my music on CD. Some people like a fancy computer, I like a bookshelf of CDs.

That said, I voted #4, although i have over 90% on CD... there's just some stuff I haven't found on CD yet...
EE (hats
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
I buy some, and I illegally download a lot. I will buy it more when I have a job though.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

Noobpatty wrote:

I occasionally buy a good local artist's albums.
This or a friend's album
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
I only buy jazz and local music CDs, since its impossible to find on web.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
Other. I don't illegally download anymore, but my budget isn't exactly high. I buy all my music now. Mostly I just listen to pandora because I'm a poor college student. -_-
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia
I voted try before I buy.

As an example, back in December last year, a few radio stations were playing Biffy Clyro's "Mountains". I would always hear it and this "this if fucking awesome", yet for the life of me couldn't figure out what the song was. So some googling lead to the song title.. which ended up with me learning about the band. Biffy Clyro. No one at the CD shops had heard of them. Instead, I torrented their latest album.. at which point I decided I must buy it! I had to look around at some obscure shops, but I eventually found a few of their CDs. In addition to that, I took a friend along to see them when they came to Sydney earlier this year. That netted the band another 50-60 bucks of mine.

So generally, if they are worth it then I'll go out of my way to buy the CD (or at least plan to, when I've got enough money and can find the CD's.. yeah sorry Sonata Arctica ).
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I buy virtually all my music.  Every once in a while if I can't find something or it's unavailable now I'll resort to downloading, but that's a last resort.  I like owning the album, whether it's CD, digital or vinyl.  I also probably go to at least 1 live show a month.  I'm that awesome.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I buy virtually all my music.
If I bought all my music I'd be homeless
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I easily own over 1k albums   I spend a lot of money on music.  But I also want a lot more that I haven't gotten around to buying.  That's what sucks.  It's like books - same thing, I like to own the books.  I'm very protective of them, especially my hardcovers.  Paperbacks, not so much.  But if it's a good book, I have to buy it in hardcover.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Zune pass.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6159|Canada

Other.

I'd buy, but being a poor student and music being my life I can not afford to buy it at the moment. I would rather have a hard copy and a wall full of bought music then only having thousands stocked on my computer.  As soon as I finish my studies I will buy the music I want, I'll still download some that's for sure but full albums will be bought
aimless
+166|6095|Texas
Once I get a job I'll probably start buying vinyl of the tracks I really like. There's just too much music out there to pay for it all.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

Phatmatt wrote:

Other.

I'd buy, but being a poor student and music being my life I can not afford to buy it at the moment. I would rather have a hard copy and a wall full of bought music then only having thousands stocked on my computer.  As soon as I finish my studies I will buy the music I want, I'll still download some that's for sure but full albums will be bought
I would say that but I probably spend enough money on alcohol / going out to pay for most of my music.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Spotify.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK

NooBesT wrote:

Spotify.
Annoying adverts are annoying.

Board footer