More often then Not2%2% - 4
Frequently1%1% - 3
Only If it was obviously Intentional40%40% - 63
I punish like I get paid to do it! (Exclusivley)9%9% - 15
I have no Page Up or Page Down keys :(0%0% - 1
Total: 157
TheBigXerox
+5|6615|United States of America
Punishing is begining to  bug me and I miss the good old days on Wolfenstien ET where the punisher got picked on more then the one who got punished. Its bad and outright ruins your own personal score and that of the teams. I never do it, EVER, not even if I get shot in the head while waiting for a chopper or tank by a teammate. I would love to have the feature taken out of the game completley. Revenge should be conducted on the enemy and why waste the efforts of the rest of the team to get revenge on somebody with the notorious "RED TEAM GLITCH." So please how about we don't ruin each other's scores and give up the whole matter completley. Forvive and foget and play a better,higher scoring game!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

ive punished for 2 teamkills in the last 4 weeks, i find that to be very forgiving.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6847|San Francisco

TheBigXerox wrote:

Its bad and outright ruins your own personal score and that of the teams.
I think you are a bit misinformed about exactly what it is that punishing a player does. Punishing does not have any effect on score for either you or the person who team killed you.

The only thing punishing does do is add a strike to that person for the round, if they get a certain number of strikes (dependant upon the server setting) then they are kicked from the server.

In my opinion the punish option works wonders for people who abuse the team killing system in bf2.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6696|Sacramento
I used to never do it.. then changed to "all the time" because assholes punish 99% of the time for lame shit that I obviously didnt mean to do, or they see me actually placing mines and run right through them (thanks to FFmines defaulted off, it doesnt happen anymore).

But lately, I am more forgiving. I now normally only punish if I see someone killing other people and get killed myself, or if someone kills me twice in a row (punish on second tk and so-on).
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6620|the side hatch
i only punish if it is clearly intentional...i never punish any other time except on rare occasions, for example on wake a guy kept bombing our own flag, i do not think it was intentional but the thrid timed i died right after spawning i punished him

i see these dicussions ALL the time and everyone says they almost never punish but i don't think i have ever been forgiven...and i am not kidding, i do not think that i have EVER been forgiven, 326 tks and i cannot remember being forgiven a for a single one, with the exception of it being one of my frineds who i was actually on teamspeak with at the time

i have been looking for a forgive for a looooong time, i would take note if i was forgiven and i dont think i have been, i have even been punished by people  who jumped out of my jeep and died AFTER i have forgiven them for throwing grenades at me while i was taking a flag

my current favorite is playing on servers with mine ff off and getting punished when one of my claymores goes off...wait, no, my actual new favorite is when people drive ONTO one of my at mines and then get out of their jeep and explode and PUNISH ME

it enrages me like no other part of this game, spawn camping, base raping, glitching etc pale in comparison to the intense fury i feel after being punished...and all compounded with the fact that i simply cannot bring myself to punish others for unintentional kills, no matter how profoundly stupid
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6726
I punish when its clear that the persion is TK'ing on purpose.
edzed
+1|6695
I punish for stupididy if some noob will try and shoot through me to get the kill and the tk that shit just pisses me off. Also when Im behind the enemy lines or in a good position for person will kill.
PRiMACORD
+190|6624|Home of the Escalade Herds
If they don't say sorry and it was an accident = punish

First thing i do after i tk is spam sorry followed by a typed out sorry...doesn't matter if it's in the heat of combat even.

I also punish bombers a lot.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

I don't punish anymore. Used to when I first started. Grown up a bit since then.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
BVC
+325|6695
I punish if it was intentional, or an act of extreme stupidity.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6735|200m out and smiling at you.
i punish intentional TK'ing, pilots bombing, and people that decide they wanna get behind me for cover and shoot through me.
Magnet41
+1|6606|Manchester, Uk
I Punish for stupidity, sillyness is ok as long as its funny
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6657|San Francisco, CA
i punish 1/2 the time. only if they say sorry (A lot)
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6655|Brisbane, Australia

Listen up!

Seeing as the thread maker and a few posters believe that punish is "Punishing the TK'rs score" Ive decided to make a stand.

Punishing is only for the removal of intentional tks
Most servers set the max punishes per round to be 3-4. Should you get that ammount, god help you, for tks are hard to get unintentionaly, especialy 3-4 tks punished on a round.

When you tk, you lose score no matter what

Got that?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6653
Punish for deliberate teamkills and extreme stupidity (e.g. someone shooting me several times with an assault rifle and ignoring the "cease firing", or bombing a flag without checking the minimap).  Grenades and collateral from hitting important targets (e.g. C4ing tanks) don't usually get a punish if they actually kill and enemy as well or apologise for the mistake.  Also I don't punish if it says the driver of the vehicle I'm in Tk'd me, although I would if I suspected that a bomber pilot kamikazed a full transport chopper or something.

EDIT:

Sarrk wrote:

When you tk, you lose score no matter what
When you team damage you lose points automatically, but the -4 is only deducted for a punish, at least when I've been watching the score tables when people punish.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-04-05 02:28:16)

Sgt.Yngve
+3|6686|Sweden

TheBigXerox wrote:

So please how about we don't ruin each other's scores and give up the whole matter completley
Punishing has NOTHING to do with points and scores, straight from the Wiki:

Negative Points

Team vehicle damage = -1
      Team damage = -2 ie: shooting a team member but not killing them.
      Team kill = -4
      Suicide = -2 points.

You get these negative points when you kill yourself with something that can hurt enemies. For example, frag grenades, explosives, the suicide button on your spawn screen, and vehicles. If you die involuntarily you don’t get -2, such as if you jump from a height or crash a car.

Note: Loading the front of a vehicle with C4 and raming it into an enemy vehicle (causing detonation without using the detonator) will result in you killing him and him also getting the kill on you. You will not get -2 suicide points for this.

Sometimes you will team kill and get -6 points, this happens becuase often you will get -2 team damage with your first shot then -4 with second and fatal shot.

The team kill punish system is there to aid in your removal from the server. Not to take your points away. If you team kill you will get -4 minimum regardless of weather you are punished or not.
Each punish will count towards the maximum number that each player is alotted before they are kicked/banned.

Last edited by Sgt.Yngve (2006-04-05 02:37:31)

tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6738|Pakistan/England
If you dont like being punished, play on the [PTG] servers, absolutely nobody punishes there, even intentional tks. no kidding!

heres their IP:
85.236.101.45:16667

Last edited by tahadar (2006-04-05 02:38:25)

BF2Craglyeye
+72|6672|Australia

No_Smoking wrote:

I used to never do it.. then changed to "all the time" because assholes punish 99% of the time for lame shit that I obviously didnt mean to do, or they see me actually placing mines and run right through them (thanks to FFmines defaulted off, it doesnt happen anymore).

But lately, I am more forgiving. I now normally only punish if I see someone killing other people and get killed myself, or if someone kills me twice in a row (punish on second tk and so-on).
I have changed my philosophy I used to be quite forgiving, to the point where i wouldnt punish at all.

But 99% of cocksuckers out there continue to punish you for unintentional crap, then im going to punish the shit out of eveyone else aswell.  There is no meadal for being a nice guy.

The entire punish system has gotten to be a joke.

However having said that if you are quick enough to apologise then i wont, but you have to be damn quick.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-04-05 02:40:12)

Fabbi_Kanin
+46|6599
Flecco spoke for me too. I had exactly the same thing when I started playing, first punished a lot but then I realized that it really pisses of the guy who loses points, I stopped.
Nowadays I only punish if I had a nice place to own some enemies and then some jerk teammate starts shooting me.
It once happened in Karkand, we had UAV on Hotel. I could count to 7 enemies just in the box. So I drew a grenade, pressed the mouse button, and just before the grenade would have been thrown a team grenade lands beside me and blows me up. Funny, right? Guess if I punished him...

Beside, the TK punish system is just ridicolous. Rather get autokicked at 4 teamkills and maybe not be allowed to enter the server for 1h or something than a 24 points minus that comes with a really good mood
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

No_Smoking wrote:

I have changed my philosophy I used to be quite forgiving, to the point where i wouldnt punish at all.

But 99% of cocksuckers out there continue to punish you for unintentional crap, then im going to punish the shit out of eveyone else aswell.  There is no meadal for being a nice guy.

The entire punish system has gotten to be a joke.

However having said that if you are quick enough to apologise then i wont, but you have to be damn quick.
Hey genius, do you not get the point of the punish system?? It's to get rid of intentional tk'ers and idiots who really don't care if they accidentally kill you or not. You punishing like an idiot does nothing to help your own team or yourself. All it does is make another player on your team banned making you shorthanded. Try looking at their score before you punish to see if they are helping your team or not. Otherwise you are just hurting yourself for your own stupidity.

Also a note to you people who punish bombers, look at their score as well. You might just be punishing the only reason you are winning. If any of you morons knew anything about planes you would know that no matter how good you are accidents will happen in the sky. One or two accidental tk's is worth it to take out a tank capping your teams flag.

Last edited by Ajax_the_Great1 (2006-04-08 01:13:00)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6739
Funny how alot of people say that they used to never punish, until everybody did and they now punish all the time as well.

So does that make you guys Idiot punishers as well now?.

I only punish for Intentional TK's, thats all, nothing else.

Some say they punish when other people have been stupid, so your saying that you have never ever done anything stupid?.

It would cause alot less stress and anger, if everbody only punished for Intentional TK's, but I know that will never happen, but it doesnt mean we have to join the Idiots just because they punish all the time, do we.
voltage
+46|6840|Sweden
I think my total number of punishes are less than 5. However, sometimes it takes several seconds before I forgive, I was very close to punish yesterday. Some unintentional TKs feels very intentional.

The question should really be "Were you teamkilled on purpose?" as the system is probably intended to remove intentional TKers, not clumsy ones.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6629|Tasmania

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

No_Smoking wrote:

Nice one! Very mature of you, that whole eye for an eye thing. If your friends jumped off a cliff would you? Seriously though, there are thousands of examples of why your current philosophy is immature and unreasoned.

Are you a sheep? Be a man, take it on the chin. I never punish unless I'm tk'd for a vehicle (if it isn't clear that you and the pilot/gunner are squadmates, all you need to do is type it or shoot at my feet, I'll then run off screaming 'go go go").

If that is your take on punishing (and it is exactly the same reason others punish) then I must say that you are a weak person. I know people like you in real life (many like that work for me) and all they're interested in is 'what's in it for me'.

Mind you, if it weren't for people with your attitude I'd have no-one to bag my groceries / pump my petrol / serve my lunch.

Last edited by XstrangerdangerX (2006-04-08 08:34:04)

ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6834|Deutschland/Germany

PRiMACORD wrote:

If they don't say sorry and it was an accident = punish
I never say sorry for an accidental tk because when you have said sorry and you still get punished you feel like an idiot for saying sorry to an assh*le.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6629|Tasmania
Yeah, I'd like to add that if you do tk, it would be nice to say sorry. Also, more importantly, thank people for not punishing. Fuckitt, thank people for all sorts of things all the time. I know that when I join squads I ask for permission most of the time. I'm courteous to other people if they're heading for the same vehicle, I congratulate good kills/caps/teamplay. Needless to say, most squads I'm in that have comms all get along well and look after each other (most of the time). I also thank squadmates for playing before I leave the game.

Do as you would be done by, motherfuckers.

Last edited by XstrangerdangerX (2006-04-08 08:52:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard