M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6376|Escea

Not really, since Saddam had used Sarin and Mustard Gas against the Iranians and Kurds, both WMD's. He'd had a nuclear program and could've kept materials from that. People are too quick to dismiss scenarios because nothing is found and don't think about other possibilities. Did he bury them? Who knows, but theres a high chance he did.

FEOS isn't going to sprout any fresh intelligence info he has access to across a gaming forum just to prove a point either, think about it.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Oh, wait. You don't have any of that. You're making a comparison from an uninformed position but expecting people to accept it as incontrovertible.
Doesn't really matter that I have direct experience or not, neither do you.
Actually, I do. Hence the argument.

And since you don't and I do, it does really matter...unless you're going to throw out your "I've read some books" argument again.

Dilbert_X wrote:

It is if it doesn't involve the topic under discussion.
If you make logical leaps based on something you know little about, based on briefing docs which may or may not be accurate (and US intel is remarkably poor these days) you're free to do so. I'm just pointing out some alternative views and providing other information you're apparently lacking.
Are you mirror-imaging now?

I'm not the one making logical leaps based on something I know little about. I work daily with intel sources and methods. I spent quite a bit of the past five-six years working on counter-IED issues. You've done neither...yet you feel imminently qualified to argue the issue with someone who has.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Some of the stuff FEOS comes out with, supposedly on the basis of up to the minute intel and crack analysis, is just plain wrong.
Feel free to point one out with sources for your conclusions.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6259|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

I spent quite a bit of the past five-six years working on counter-IED issues.
Doesn't necessarily make you an expert in how to make them, or the available manufacturing technology.
You've done neither...yet you feel imminently qualified to argue the issue with someone who has.
I guess you mean eminently. I do have experience making odd things, down to sub-micron accuracy.
For example, 'The Iraqis have EFPs, they are too hard for Iraqis to make, only the Iranians could supply them'
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6828|Canberra, AUS
He did ask for sources...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I spent quite a bit of the past five-six years working on counter-IED issues.
Doesn't necessarily make you an expert in how to make them, or the available manufacturing technology.
Certainly more of an expert than you.

Dilbert_X wrote:

You've done neither...yet you feel imminently qualified to argue the issue with someone who has.
I guess you mean eminently. I do have experience making odd things, down to sub-micron accuracy.
And I have experience with machine code. That doesn't make me qualified to comment on computer engineering I don't have first, second, or even third-hand experience with.

And you can take your English Nazi bullshit and...nevermind. It was early in the AM and my Monster hadn't kicked in yet.

Dilbert_X wrote:

For example, 'The Iraqis have EFPs, they are too hard for Iraqis to make, only the Iranians could supply them'
That's not a source. That's a made-up comment from you.

Not the same thing.

But I guess since you read that thread once, it makes you qualified to make that comment, eh?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5903|شمال
So... Karzai won huh?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6259|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

I doubt it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6564|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I doubt it.
Doesn't really matter whether or not you doubt it.

I'm pretty sure you doubt whether anyone is more of an expert on any given topic than you. Doesn't make it not true.
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard