DeAThSniPer[CoD]
+8|6764|Virginia, United States
i was in a server and some dumbass noobs says the auto shotgun is noob, and thought the grenade launcher wasnt noob even from 5 feet away with it.  how is the shotgun noob, it takes skill to use it  anyone agree with me or do u agree with him i want ur opinions.
NoConflict
+1|6836|Austin, Texas
only noobish things that bother me r n00b tube and bunny hopping, shotgun is legit
vinniethehitman
+0|6770
Personally, the shotgun is a weapon that has strengths and weaknesses, so it isn't really possible to whore it. The Grenade Launcher is different, because some noobs see it as the only way to kill other infantry, not realizing that bullets are just as effective.
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6837|Sacramento, Cal
Yup.
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
Off topic does anyone have tips on how to use the DAO?
Ludwig
+1|6797
God bless shotguns !
† Amen †
Let the nade-launcher to the rabbit, and hunt rabbits with your holy 12 caliber !

For DAO :
always reload
i use the first 5-7 ammo in automatic mode (click a lot without aiming) and the last 7-5 ammos in slow shots, because reloading DAO12 = suicide

Last edited by Ludwig (2005-10-13 18:11:14)

eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
Ok, thanks.  Cause after useing it a few rounds I wish, I went for the Mk3A1 or M95.
FunKz
+1|6774|Melbourne, Australia
DAO is my favourite unlock. Close quarters it's unstopable, even sometimes (if your lucky) againsts a nade launcher. All you have to do it make sure your clossrange and unload 2-3 rounds at a time, can take out a squad if your accurate enough with it.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6826
mmm shotguns.
although it brings down accuracy. :-S that's why I have low accuracy..
96D
+0|6768|Maryland, USA

eMarine wrote:

Well, the title of the thread is "the shotgun," so you're not as off-topic as you could be.

Anyway, Ludwig already gave the best tip for the DAO-12: reload as soon as your enemy is dead. That thing takes awhile to reload, even half empty. Also, you can't start firing it again until the drum is full--though you can switch to another weapon if you have to interrupt the reload to fight.

When firing the DAO-12, aim for the groin or the chest and tap the fire button a couple of times--the muzzle climb will put much of the second or third shot into his head, enough to finish him off.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6790|Your Mom's House
I have the JackHammer unlocked, but i only use it if im MEC. The Remmy 11-87 and NOR982 are just crazy powerful. If you understand the concept of aiming and moving, you can easily kill "whore" it. The pumps will take unarmoer units out 1 hit, even up to mid range. 200 max dmg seems like a lot, but Im okay with it. I always wondered how hard it would be to code a realistic shotgun, such that it shot 30+ "pellets" for low but realistic damage. I also dont see why they make shotguns worthless at 20+ feet. You can easily kill someone with a shotty at 45+ feet.
xbw_shane
+-1|6840|Australia

Col-Khadafi wrote:

I also dont see why they make shotguns worthless at 20+ feet. You can easily kill someone with a shotty at 45+ feet.
I agree. I've seen first hand the damage a shogun can do at around 50ft and its still scary.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6806
Shotguns fine
Boomerjinks
+301|6788|Denver, CO
What exactly is noob tubing?
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6808|Moore, OK

Boomerjinks wrote:

What exactly is noob tubing?
What people call it when someone else uses the grenade launcher on the assault rifle. In particular, people that use nothing but the grenade launcher.

Personally, it doesn't bother me. Yeah I use it, but only from a distance and to clear out multiple enemies. But that's just me. Other people will always find a way to bitch and complain about the way that they get killed.
lowyaukee
+2|6827
Having unlocked Jackhammer, I change to play as an engineer, instead of a support.  It is great.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6773|Great Brown North
i love my shotgun
dracul
+2|6800
Best thing about the dao is, its on the anti tank class.

body armor helps a ton in winning close-up fights.

Also, the DAO can fire faster than the jackhammer if you pull the trigger fast enough.
KyanWan
+0|6764
Another one of my faves - good aim = 1 shot 1 kill in close quarters.  Great on urban maps with those alleyways
McCullough
+7|6831
The only maps that DAO-12 or any other shotgun actually can be usefull is in Karkand, Sharqui or Mashtuur. All teh other maps are to big for the shotguns. I think the key to be effective with the pump guns is to hit and kill in the first shot, if you miss you get killed while reloading.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6831|government yard in trenchtown.
I've learned to play with the pump shottie

NOR982 owns any yankee (or is it only 'yank'?) asses if I get close enough. I seem to kill them even if they are 30 meters away if they have under 50 health

Greetz
Guruz, who had a 18 kill streak at Wake Island with that chinese shottie.

Last edited by Guruz (2005-10-13 23:20:11)

KyanWan
+0|6764

Guruz wrote:

Greetz
Guruz, who had a 18 kill streak at Wake Island with that chinese shottie.
You've got the skills man

Very nice!

---

Really though, people that say any weapon is "only good on _____ ( insert map name )" - just don't know what they're talking about.   True, it might be only good for -you- --- but in the hands of someone that knows how to use it right, it's good on any map.

Last edited by KyanWan (2005-10-13 23:25:35)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6775|The Hague, Holland
If you may look on my stats, youll see ive never been Anti Tank or Engerneering. I'd like to start one of those classes when I hit 8000 Global Points and get my next unlock. Does anybody knows wich shotgun is better?
Or should I go for G3?..
ArkAng37
+1|6838|San Antonio, TX

eMarine wrote:

Kill them before they kill you!

I dont think bunny hopping is noobish if your running from a tank. Nade launcher whores are noobs. I dont mind people using nade launchers everyonce in a while but not all the damn time.
KyanWan
+0|6764

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

If you may look on my stats, youll see ive never been Anti Tank or Engerneering. I'd like to start one of those classes when I hit 8000 Global Points and get my next unlock. Does anybody knows wich shotgun is better?
Or should I go for G3?..
I got the DAO and held off on the Jackhammer AND G3.

I've used G3 - and I wasn't too impressed with it.

Jackhammer looks OK - but I hear from too many people that it sux - so I didn't bother with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard