Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Hey, PC users. Sorry if you thought Battlefield 1943 would be out on PC sometime in 2009. Really sorry. Because it won't be.

Instead, the game has been delayed into 2010, DICE's Gordon Van Dyke telling G4TV:

We haven't released a Frostbite [DICE's game engine] built game on PC, so going into this project we lacked a starting foundation we had on Console. There are also many different and unique only challenges to the PC that has lead to us pushing the release even further to Q1 CY 2010 [early next year]. This was a hard pill to swallow, but it was absolutely needed to ensure the features and functionality that PC Players have come to expect from Battlefield on PC are not missing. Things like support for DirectX 9 and 10, higher player count (up to 32-player matches), wide peripheral support i.e. Joysticks for flying, VoIP, and ranked server provider hosting. So it was and still is the absolutely right decision, for quality sake, to not release until it is ready.

Sad reading that a console game is having trouble being ported to the PC, but everything he says makes sense. Better to wait and have them do it right than have them do it...not right.
http://kotaku.com/5342399/battlefield-1 … -this-year

Well, that sucks...I guess the Frostbite engine needs more tweaking for the PC?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6408|King Of The Islands

Well as long as they care about us.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

I think I'm pretty weaned form battlefield games. I doubt there will be something with same charm as bf2 ever again. I hope I'm proved wrong.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6351|the land of bourbon

jsnipy wrote:

I think I'm pretty weaned form battlefield games. I doubt there will be something with same charm as bf2 ever again. I hope I'm proved wrong.
i'm sure you're right on.  bf2 was great, but whatever dethrones it as the next blockbuster will not come from dice.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
"up to 32-player matches"

Maybe, just maybe I might get it.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

wrote:

to ensure the features and functionality that PC Players have come to expect from Battlefield on PC are not missing
I just lol'd at that.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6708|Toronto | Canada

I'll get it, I loved 1942.  I think this is also so people who dont want to wait (like me) will get it for the 360 or PS3 and then get it on PC when it comes out
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6408|King Of The Islands

DeathUnlimited wrote:

wrote:

to ensure the features and functionality that PC Players have come to expect from Battlefield on PC are not missing
I just lol'd at that.
Hey, adding bugs takes time.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I heard that 1943 is just a dumbed down consolefag version of 1942.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5368|USA

jsnipy wrote:

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I'll get it, I loved 1942.
This
makes me a tiny bit sad on the delay

wake island looks so good on my 360

i really wanted to play 1943 on pc. now.
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6083|SC | USA |
Great, nothing like having 3 battlefield titles releasing at once.

I don't like playing multiple games at once.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

DeathUnlimited wrote:

wrote:

I just lol'd at that.
Considering IW's recent failure, I'm all for giving DICE time to give us PC gaming instead of some lame excuse of a replacement.
GullyFoyle
+25|5356
The latest info on a PC release date:  http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … st12011853

Via Twitter:

Fan:  "is there any chance we get the 1943 PC version before BC2?"
BF1943 Producer at DICE:  "Not likely. They would be so close then it would be quite pointless. But I hope we can offer both bundle and each game separately."
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6102|Scotland!
I forgot about this game while thinking so much about BC2

and probably will continue to forget about it.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5687|Vancouver, BC, Canada
higher player count (up to 32-player matches)
Just me, or does 32 seem like such a small number after BF2 and its 64?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

TheDonkey wrote:

higher player count (up to 32-player matches)
Just me, or does 32 seem like such a small number after BF2 and its 64?
It does. 32 players is pretty much the absolute minimum in BF2 IMO. 48 players seems to be the golden number.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5450
I'm still holding my breath for BF3. I have yet to see a better game than BF2 for its time even with all the issues its had over the years.
GullyFoyle
+25|5356
If anyone is still paying attention to this, the EA Store is showing a release date of July 8th for this on PC.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6613

GullyFoyle wrote:

If anyone is still paying attention to this, the EA Store is showing a release date of July 8th for this on PC.
Jesus, I thought it was coming out along side Bad Company 2. What could they be doing that is making it take a whole extra year compared to its console counterpart?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6708|Toronto | Canada

OmniDeath wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

Jesus, I thought it was coming out along side Bad Company 2. What could they be doing that is making it take a whole extra year compared to its console counterpart?
If theyre actually making it better then they can take all the time they want, I'm in no rush to get this.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
It's not that great, what's taking so fucking long
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Kez wrote:

You want a shitty bf game now or a good game later?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6711|FUCK UBISOFT

War Man wrote:

Kez wrote:

You want a shitty bf game now or a good game later?
it will still be shit no matter when they release it.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard