[HfK]Mr.Sniper
+0|6742
Hello,
My English is very bad... because im from Germany :-P
So... i have the Veteran Assault Combat Badge.... and i played only 11 Hours the Assault... I think there is something wrong.
See my nickname [HfK]Mr.Sniper an you will see i told you the truth.

On German:

Servus,
Ich glaub bei Ubar is was falsch.Ich hab jetzt das Veteran Assault Combat Badge,hab aber nur 11 Stunden Assault gespielt;keine 15.Zum Beweis einfach mal in mein Profil rein schauen.Nick is [HfK]Mr.Sniper
mfG
Mr.Sniper
Australia*|AAC|*
+2|6743
Just to start off I AM NOT IN THE MOOD FOR AN ARGUMENT

I think UBAR is very good and relable

I just wish to float the idea that I got Veteran Spec Ops after 22 Kills IAR rather than the 20 UBAR quotes

There may be another criteria OR perhaps this is just a slight inacuracy in UBAR, Im just curious to see if anybody else experianced the same thing

I can however confirm that Vet Sniper, Support and Anti Tank are all correct as per UBAR

Thats my thoughts

Australia*|AAC|*
MattD
+0|6792
Hey i dont want to be flamed so here goes.

I honestly do think UBAR before 1.03 patch was wrong with the medals as everyone knows NAVY CROSS MEC & PLA medals where earned and same with the Purple Heart.

For the post above me i got my Vet Sniper at 10 kills in a round and i believe its 20 correct so i think there still is some randomness factor
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6777
Correction on Far-East and Mid-East Service Ribbons. The requirement is to play on every map for at least 1 round (for mid-east every mec/usmc map and for far-east every pla/usmc map). I've tested this myself. Doesn't matter if you win or lose either. Just play for one round.

Last edited by oJmHo (2005-10-12 20:37:42)

TheKeck
+0|6742
I don't really have proof, but I can tell you that I just got the sniper badge and it took 10 kills, and I I just got the AA badge, and it took 10 minutes.

EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I didn't get the sniper badge until I got 11 kills, but I figured 10 made more sense, and it was just delayed???

Last edited by TheKeck (2005-10-12 21:01:40)

Ravlen
+0|6750
I got one, with proof.

Ubar states:
Score: 50000
Awards: Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge, Basic Armor Badge, Basic Transport Badge, Basic Helicopter Badge, Basic Aviator Badge, Basic Air Defense Badge, Basic Ground Defense Badge

But, check out these stats:
http://bf2s.com/player/misanthrop/

He does not have basic Knife or basic pistol. Either the stated Req is wrong, or BF2s is reporting incorrectly. The player has said that he certainly does not have those badges in BFHQ though.

Ravlen
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Ravlen -- Ack. Got me on that one. This wasn't an error so much in what reqs I have in my database, but in the way I displayed them. I forgot to clear the string for awards from one award to the next, so they just built on top of each other.

I have corrected this error and now you can see the actual required awards. Sorry bout that.
vjs
+19|6741
One thing I'd like to point out is the number of kills per round is also related to the number of TK's in that round.

I know this from experience with aa, Ubar has always been 100% on the bages and ribbons.

If the requirement is 23 like in vet explosives and you tk 2 people. Hey it happens with claymores. You have to get 25 kills in that round to get the badge.

Note that the other 2 kills don't nessarily have to be with that particular weapon knife etc, at least I believe this is true.
infidel_killah123
+0|6741
the basic sniper badge is wrong. it definately takes 10 kills to earn it. go try it for yourself
Ravlen
+0|6750

chuyskywalker wrote:

Ravlen -- Ack. Got me on that one. This wasn't an error so much in what reqs I have in my database, but in the way I displayed them. I forgot to clear the string for awards from one award to the next, so they just built on top of each other.

I have corrected this error and now you can see the actual required awards. Sorry bout that.
Cool! Thanks

Also, a minor quibble just in the description:

Master Gunnery Sergeant
Requirements:

Score: 50000
Unlock Available
---------------------------
Shouldn't the Rank Req be: "Master Sergeant OR First Sergeant"?
Same thing for Sergeant Major... and should Sergeant Major of the Corps have Master Sergeant OR Sergeant Major, and not Master Sergeant, as the rank req?

Ravlen
Tryeal
+0|6784
does  anyone actualy have the war college ribbon? the kill ratio requirement seems extreme, since most of us spend time on pubs, how much difrence can you really make if the guys dont ever listen to you as comander? my ratio is allmost 2 now but its a real strugle to keep it there, and clues? are we sure it has to be 3? its the only ribbon i dont have and seems expodentionaly harder than the others, i had hoped they might have dropped it a tad in the patch
TrevorP
+0|6763
Yes people have it tryeal...and as for the guy that said you just need to play once on every map to get the mid east and far east ribbons check out my account:

http://www.bf2s.com/Player/TrevorP/
dalfiuss
+1|6801
The faction medals seem to require 250 hours played and 500 victories with that faction.  I have been looking over several accounts and those seem to be the two determinants for the awards.
Deadlast
+0|6744
Alright I honestly don't want to read through all of this, I read the first page. I'm just going to put out there that it took me somewhere between 10-15 minutes to get the Basic AA and Ground Defense badges.

Also, this isn't so much of an error as it is a pet-peeve. In the Ranks section shouldn't 2nd Lieutenant come before Sergeant Major of the Corps in the list. I mean, it makes no sense to follow a pattern of min requirements-max requirements and get all the way to the last two and put the one that is the grand-daddy of all badges before the badge that takes 50,000 less points to aqcuire.

Also, Sergeant Major of the Corps says it requires Master Sergeant rank, shouldn't that say 2nd Lieutenant?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Ravlen wrote:

Shouldn't the Rank Req be: "Master Sergeant OR First Sergeant"?
Same thing for Sergeant Major... and should Sergeant Major of the Corps have Master Sergeant OR Sergeant Major, and not Master Sergeant, as the rank req?
From a reader point of view, yes. From my programming stance, it doesn't matter. By Master Sergeant, I read "Rank 8 or better". So if you are a first (rank 9) then you automatically qualify.

Deadlast wrote:

Alright I honestly don't want to read through all of this, I read the first page. I'm just going to put out there that it took me somewhere between 10-15 minutes to get the Basic AA and Ground Defense badges.

Also, this isn't so much of an error as it is a pet-peeve. In the Ranks section shouldn't 2nd Lieutenant come before Sergeant Major of the Corps in the list. I mean, it makes no sense to follow a pattern of min requirements-max requirements and get all the way to the last two and put the one that is the grand-daddy of all badges before the badge that takes 50,000 less points to aqcuire.
Honestly, I'm waiting for some people to reach this point value to see what happens. When someone actually does, I might update this thing further so we can see what's really going on.

Deadlast wrote:

Also, Sergeant Major of the Corps says it requires Master Sergeant rank, shouldn't that say 2nd Lieutenant?
No.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6738|Tenn
It seems you don't realize what the Navy Cross/Golden Scimitar/People's Medallion requires: I was told that it required 100 times being in First Place IAR on either team 100 times...

My argument for that seeing as how i can't get in touch with the ones who told me this...If you check my stats http://bf2s.com/player/43453546/ . Notice I have 101 gold and 101 silver stars. I played crappy all day today and didnt play yesterday, but i received my Navy Cross the night before on the second to last game b4 i went to bed. Both rounds i was in first place on the US side...

If u want to test that theory... Check the stats of the Top Tank Whores...you will see that some ppl have the Golden Scimitar and they have a ton of gold stars...

You must have 100 games where u were in first place for YOUR team...doesnt matter what u came overall as long as ur first on ur team
pinky_81
+1|6759|Denmark
Some of you guys just doesn't make sense... Ubar is very correct - Thats it!!

Pinky
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

By now, I simply wish EA hadn't bothered with ranks and awards. This stuff is giving me major headaches....

Frankly, I don't care any more. I will try to get my basic knife to see wether I get First Sergeant. After that, I will play for fun...
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra
today i got staff officer ribbon and iv never got 50 commander points in a round, iv been close 46 i think before 2x  but i got it today on 40 points, although i must have just done 25 mins in server when i got it.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

B.Schuss wrote:

Frankly, I don't care any more. I will try to get my basic knife to see wether I get First Sergeant. After that, I will play for fun...
Lol. That's what you say now. But just wait. You'll have that, then you'll be like "Well, shit, that expert knife is only 40 kills away, I can do that..." and so it begins again. Sucker!
LuucEarthStroller
+0|6736

Shuriken wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

Shuriken wrote:

I know for a fact the requirements for First Sergeant Rank are incorrect.

I had a support ticket open at EA Support. He told me my current score (i am already Master Sergeant) was not enough to make it to First Sergeant. However i have all the req. mentioned on ubar (all basic badges and such)

So i pointed the GM to this website. He told me that the info here was not entirely correct.

Unfortunately he would not tell me what the exact requirements are. He did however give me some hints. He told me i didnt qualify yet because of certain kit score, points and time tallies.

So i started to do some comparing stats with 3 First Sergeants. My conclusion so far is that you probably need to play either medic or support for a certain time. This will obviously result in higher resupply/revive score.
I am very confident in my source of information, and until they stop dancing around the point and come out with an official guide to the requirements for various ranks/awards/etc, then I would appeciate it if they'd stop blowing smoke up our collective asses.

Additionally, I can tell you from [url=http://bf2s.com/player/18282083/]this guy[/url] or perhaps [url=http://bf2s.com/player/43989437/]this one[/url] that medic/support points have jack shit to do with getting the rank. And if they do, it's so insignifcant as to not even matter. (What, 10 heal points to get First Srg? Sure...)
If you look at my playerstats Shuriken.NL (through gameslave.co.uk) you will see i got all the req. prior to being promoted to master sergeant. So i guess something must be wrong. Anyhow, i will keep you guys posted on my progress. I will start doin some serious medic whoring. And if i get the promotion before getting to 50.000 points i will let you guys know
You could very well be a victom of a glitch in the system.    Where you got your veteran badge and it did not credit you your basic badge in something.

I had been told about this glitch just short of 20K points   I needed basic knife badge and had 45 total kills  luckily i got my 7 in 1 round when actually trying so that my globals before that round were not over the 50 needed for the basic badge. 

Im not sure if the information on this glitch is correct as all I have is hearsay and rumor on it  although as you can see by my stats [url=http://bf2s.com/player/44569463/]here[/url] that i did manage first sgt.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
haHA! I have found an error in your uber-UBAR!
If you would look @ my stats, you will see im well over 8000 points .
Yet I did not got promoted to Gunnery Sarge .
Try to talk your way outta this one son
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

So even though thousands of other people get promoted to Gunnery Sergeant at 8,000 points, just because you don't makes UBAR wrong? Go play on an Official EA server and see what happens.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

So even though thousands of other people get promoted to Gunnery Sergeant at 8,000 points, just because you don't makes UBAR wrong? Go play on an Official EA server and see what happens.
I whas playing on EA official...Wasnt I? On those wacky ass K-play germany servers. Never had prob's with those servers. But your probably right, maybe it takes a while
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Lol. That's what you say now. But just wait. You'll have that, then you'll be like "Well, shit, that expert knife is only 40 kills away, I can do that..." and so it begins again. Sucker!
yeah, well....as I won't get first sergeant anyway, there is no immediate need to go for the basic knife thingy.
But you're probably right...

time will tell.

But I assure you I will quit BF2 if I ever discover I'm solely playing for the ranks...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard