I have read the Koran
lol
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
bogo24dk
+26|6476
Damn muslims they need to be thought some good chiristian bible. Like this :

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Or this :

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

And I can go on and on. Remmeber people only christianity is peacefull. The other religions are devils books.
Zefar
+116|6620|Sweden

Beduin wrote:

Zefar wrote:

I have read the Koran
lol
OK, I haven't read the ENTIRE book but large chunks of it. Most of which are important parts where it kinda shoots itself in the foot. With a double barreled shotgun.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال

Zefar wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Zefar wrote:

I have read the Koran
lol
OK, I haven't read the ENTIRE book but large chunks of it. Most of which are important parts where it kinda shoots itself in the foot. With a double barreled shotgun.
Good. Now you can take a PHD in Islam.

Go go go.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Zefar
+116|6620|Sweden

Beduin wrote:

Good. Now you can take a PHD in Islam.

Go go go.
Good lord that would be a waste of time. Not to mention I don't need too. Btw why do you care?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

bogo24dk wrote:

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Or this :

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

And I can go on and on. Remmeber people only christianity is peacefull. The other religions are devils books.
Oh gee not another person who wants thump the teachings of Christ by using a time line in a book where he wasn't even born for over 1000 years. How will this argument ever be debunked.
bogo24dk
+26|6476

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Or this :

Oh gee not another person who wants thump the teachings of Christ by using a time line in a book where he wasn't even born for over 1000 years. How will this argument ever be debunked.
Is the bible made only on jesus saying ?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Or this :

Talk as much about the Old Testament as you want, it's part of Christianity, anyone will tell you that the Old Testament is part of Christianity whether you personally like it or not. Obviously different denominations use it in different ways, but at the end of the day, the OT is still a key aspect of the religion. You can't just dismiss it like that. Can't bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist and doesn't count, because it does.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

bogo24dk wrote:

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Or this :

Been through this a hundred times, CHRISTians follow the teachings of CHRIST.

You can not have Christians before you have Christ.
bogo24dk
+26|6476

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

lowing wrote:

You ignore the facts completly. Are you saying that christians don't belive in the bible. And they are cherry picking the lines from Jesus. Cause that's BS.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
If Christians focus soley on the christ'y bits, why do the bibles in my church keep the old testament? surely it's irrelavant?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Or this :

Talk as much about the Old Testament as you want, it's part of Christianity, anyone will tell you that the Old Testament is part of Christianity whether you personally like it or not. Obviously different denominations use it in different ways, but at the end of the day, the OT is still a key aspect of the religion. You can't just dismiss it like that. Can't bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist and doesn't count, because it does.
I am not dismissing it. However, with Christ came a new message. A New covenant with God. It is this new covenant that Christianity is based. That is undeniable. Kinda sorta why they call Christians, CHRISTians and not MOSESeans.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

bogo24dk wrote:

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

You ignore the facts completly. Are you saying that christians don't belive in the bible. And they are cherry picking the lines from Jesus. Cause that's BS.
Read up.
bogo24dk
+26|6476

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Read up.
You aren't denying but you are denying which is it. You can deny how much you want but the fact is that old testaments is a part of christian faith.
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a fact.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

bogo24dk wrote:

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Read up.
You aren't denying but you are denying which is it. You can deny how much you want but the fact is that old testaments is a part of christian faith.
No I said it was recognized by the Christian faith, but that faith is based on the New Covenant with God, brought to them by Jesus Christ. Again it is why they call themselves CHRISTIANS, or did you think it is a coincidence?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

FatherTed wrote:

If Christians focus soley on the christ'y bits, why do the bibles in my church keep the old testament? surely it's irrelavant?
I've often wondered that myself, and I spent 15 years in the Methodist church.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Read up.
No I said it was recognized by the Christian faith, but that faith is based on the New Covenant with God, brought to them by Jesus Christ. Again it is why they call themselves CHRISTIANS, or did you think it is a coincidence?
Christians believe that Jesus was the profercised return of the Jewish king, to lead them to salvation. Jewish just believe him to be a radical Rabi (and are still waiting for the return) and to the Muslims he was a prophet like Moses, Abraham and Muhammad.

For all intents and purposes they are the same religion just enforcise is put onto different people. The same as Catholics hold the Virgin Mary in high regard while Protestants couldn't give 2 shits about her. The old testament is as relevant and important to Christians as the new testament. Because without the history, there would be no Jesus.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

lowing wrote:

1. Don't need to be an expert on the Koran or Islam to see what is happening around you.
or, sure, you don't. you need to know something about the concept you want to attribute whatever is it you see happening around to though, right? what do you know about islam, lowing? or, i forgot, your knowledge consists of "it's a violent and intolerant religion" stuff. but what you do you base that on? oh, yeah, on that awesome "look around". pretty convenient, but, tbh, competely retarded: "it's evil because it's islam and it's islam because it's evil".

lowing wrote:

Do not need to read the Koran to know I do not want that culture in my country.
ah, k. you know nothing about their culture though. anyway, the muslims seem to not be giving a flying fuck about the likes of you - and i can't say i blame them.

lowing wrote:

2. I have no idea, perhaps, like peaceful "Muslims", they are not following the teachings of their religion. the second they do however, get back with me and I will give you my opinion on about it, then you all can call me a racist all over again.
or, so it is you, lowing the magnificent, who's to decide what people should derive from their religious texts? all hail lowing!

Last edited by Shahter (2009-08-16 02:42:51)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

DrunkFace wrote:

lowing wrote:

bogo24dk wrote:

Christians believe that Jesus was the prophesied return of the Jewish king, to lead them to salvation. Jewish just believe him to be a radical Rabi (and are still waiting for the return) and to the Muslims he was a prophet like Moses, Abraham and Muhammad.

For all intents and purposes they are the same religion just enforcise is put onto different people. The same as Catholics hold the Virgin Mary in high regard while Protestants couldn't give 2 shits about her. The old testament is as relevant and important to Christians as the new testament. Because without the history, there would be no Jesus.
For all intended purposes they are NOT the same religion. Sorry.

you are simply wrong, the OT is not just as relevant and important as the NT in the Christian faith. They are called Christians (note the base word CHRIST). You are really telling me that you can't have Christ without the OT, yet you seem to be convinced that you can have Christians without Christ? Christians didn't exist before Christ, so pretty much you are forced to assume you kinda sorta gotta have a Christ as your main focal point in your CHRISTian faith. Not really too sure how that can be denied, yet I read it.

If the OT was just as relevant and important as the NT then Christianity would not have waited over 1400 years to emerge they would have called themselves Mosesians and started their faith. Instead Jesus is the prophesied Messiah from the OT, he comes with a NEW MESSAGE, a NEW COVENANT with God, accept it, and you will have eternal life. It is this NEW COVENANT that the Christian faith is based.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Shahter wrote:

lowing wrote:

1. Don't need to be an expert on the Koran or Islam to see what is happening around you.
or, sure, you don't. you need to know something about the concept you want to attribute whatever is it you see happening around to though, right? what do you know about islam, lowing? or, i forgot, your knowledge consists of "it's a violent and intolerant religion" stuff. but what you do you base that on? oh, yeah, on that awesome "look around". pretty convenient, but, tbh, competely retarded: "it's evil because it's islam and it's islam because it's evil".

lowing wrote:

Do not need to read the Koran to know I do not want that culture in my country.
ah, k. you know nothing about their culture though. anyway, the muslims seem to not be giving a flying fuck about the likes of you - and i can't say i blame them.

lowing wrote:

2. I have no idea, perhaps, like peaceful "Muslims", they are not following the teachings of their religion. the second they do however, get back with me and I will give you my opinion on about it, then you all can call me a racist all over again.
or, so it is you, lowing the magnificent, who's to decide what people should derive from their religious texts? all hail lowing!
1. Buddy here is a news flash for ya. I am not attributing the violence I see around me to Islam. ISLAM is!! The followers of Islam make that connection not me, I simply fuckin' believe them, and I believe they are following their religion as it is and practiced by its founder. I will also add to this paragraph that you have done or said nothing to prove me wrong, just attack my opinion. You have called my opinion retarded, yet offer nothing as to why. So pretty much you are not denying anything, you just don't want to hear it.

2. same thing, nothing but attacks and no argument, I can only assume you have none, you simply don't want to hear it.

3. same thing, no argument, just smart ass comments.

Get back with me when you post something of substance instead of whining because you hate what I have to say.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

lowing wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am not dismissing it. However, with Christ came a new message. A New covenant with God. It is this new covenant that Christianity is based. That is undeniable. Kinda sorta why they call Christians, CHRISTians and not MOSESeans.
I know you don't like to admit this, you come out with the same line again and again. Do I have to debunk it with the same stuff yet again?

Most Christian churches, not all, acknowledge and follow the teachings of the Old Testament. The Catholic church (I think it was at the council of Trent they clarified this) and the Anglican church definitely do. Therefore members of those churches, which make up the vast majority of all Christians, do follow the teachings of the Old Testament.

Therefore all your bullshit about a new covenant with God is pointless. The churches themselves acknowledge the Old Testament is to be followed and Christians, by and large, follow the teachings of their chuch.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
I think the counter to that is that if a conflict occurs between an OT and NT verse, the NT verse is trumps, officially.

However I would say that 99.99% of clergy - both Christian, Muslim and whatever other major religion you care to name - would say that where a verse makes no sense, or is contradicted, or runs tantamount to your own morals, use your common sense.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I know you don't like to admit this, you come out with the same line again and again. Do I have to debunk it with the same stuff yet again?

Most Christian churches, not all, acknowledge and follow the teachings of the Old Testament. The Catholic church (I think it was at the council of Trent they clarified this) and the Anglican church definitely do. Therefore members of those churches, which make up the vast majority of all Christians, do follow the teachings of the Old Testament.

Therefore all your bullshit about a new covenant with God is pointless. The churches themselves acknowledge the Old Testament is to be followed and Christians, by and large, follow the teachings of their chuch.
and do I have to repeat my self over and over again? I already admitted Christianity acknowledges the OT, however, Christianity is based on the life and teachings of Christ and his message from God, the New Covenant.

Perhaps you will explain why they waited 1400 years before calling themselves Christians only after the guy existed, brought his message, and was crucified and then resurrected? Ya know instead of calling themselves Mosesians and getting on with it.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

and do I have to repeat my self over and over again? I already admitted Christianity acknowledges the OT, however, Christianity is based on the life and teachings of Christ and his message from God, the New Covenant.
Yeah, on top of the existing teachings. Many of which were quite unpleasant by modern standards and ARE used by many Christians to justify all kinds of fucked up shit. There are instances where the New Testament teachings clash with those of the Old Testament, but surprisingly few.

The argument that the Old Testament does not apply does to Christians is extremely weak. It does apply and therefore distasteful passages taken from the Old Testament are perfectly relevant to Christianity.

lowing wrote:

Perhaps you will explain why they waited 1400 years before calling themselves Christians only after the guy existed, brought his message, and was crucified and then resurrected? Ya know instead of calling themselves Mosesians and getting on with it.
Because Christianity is an offshoot of another much older religion.

In practice most of the clergy will not voice any sort of support for these unpleasant ideas from the Old Testament, unless they are fairly radical or in the case of slightly less controversial stuff like the churches attitude to homosexuality. But the same can be said of any religion.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
Remind me to ignore the Old Testament readings used at weddings and funerals next time I'm in a Christian church (weddings and funerals being the only occasions I end up in one). I swear if they use that clichéd piece of shit reading out of the book of Ruth again at a wedding I'll swing for the priest in the carpark outside.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard