Ioan92
+337|5887
Hmm I might consider giving it a second try, but cba to redownload now.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6944|Great Brown North
i had more fun walking around and poking about then i did actually doing the story
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6633
Fuck I forgot how much fun it was to wander around in the wasteland.

Also hitting ants with Shovels is FTW.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6808

Ioan92 wrote:

Chou wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Hey I didn't say Its shit, I just said I don't like it!

Graphics were awesomely creepy, thumbs up to that.
Give it a try, man.
There's so much to do in The Wasteland, it could keep you occupied for 100+ hours at least.

Here's a little map help to get you started. You can see Vault 101 and Megaton is just around the corner.
Use Megaton to get leveled up with XP, trade in, buy some or sell some stuff, do some of the missions and you'll be good to discover the rest in no-time. Don't go shooting around like a madman in Megaton cause is a usefull resource.. at least for now. There are no enemies inside there.

Any questions, just ask.

http://gza.gameriot.com/content/blogs/a … -3-map.jpg
I'm starting to regret deleting it from my HDD.

Are there vehicles?
There's a mod that adds drivable motorcycles and one that adds a tank.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6450|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Mothership Zeta Is Out !

EDIT: 90% Downloaded atm!

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-08-03 09:47:13)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6702|Long Island, New York
about to take a spacewalk
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Major glitch encountered.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
As you're about to enter the Alien Bridge, the script simply stops. Sally will either not go to the second door after being teleported or go to the door, but nothing will happen. I have no idea how to fix it.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6556|Southern California
Just started playing the game, and I have to admit its good shit... Waited too long to get into it.

Still early on, I am at the part where you head out to deliver the chicks letter to the town up on the overpass.
With out spoiling it TOO much for me I take it I am supposed to find the family at night in one of the three locations he hinted at? I actually went to all three while it was night out... Did I just miss them? Do they move around between the three? Are the just somewhere in the wasteland between them?
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6600
game is half off on direct2drive so it's like $25 for amerikkka and £15.50 for UK if you're in the UK you can get it for like £13 boxed copy of amazon of w/e
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Just started playing the game, and I have to admit its good shit... Waited too long to get into it.

Still early on, I am at the part where you head out to deliver the chicks letter to the town up on the overpass.
With out spoiling it TOO much for me I take it I am supposed to find the family at night in one of the three locations he hinted at? I actually went to all three while it was night out... Did I just miss them? Do they move around between the three? Are the just somewhere in the wasteland between them?
Metro Station...other two have nothing but enemies
VicktorVauhn
Metro station? I though there was like only one or two hallways?

I liked the hide out though, that place had all kinds of stuff.
FloppY_
­

VicktorVauhn wrote:

look inside the ghouls' place, there is a back room with irradiated barrels... under the barrels is a drainage... you can go down there... meresti station..
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6633
Anyone else get the Scrubs reference in the Medic on Mothership Zeta?
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6336|New Austin, Not
Yeah I did heh

The aliens with the shields are fucking hard to kill...
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6633

Rohirm wrote:

Yeah I did heh

The aliens with the shields are fucking hard to kill...
I usually just charge at them with The Mauler.

Fuck that thing is awesome.
VicktorVauhn

FloppY_ wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

look inside the ghouls' place, there is a back room with irradiated barrels... under the barrels is a drainage... you can go down there... meresti station..
Son of a bitch. I went back and checked that room a few times too, since I figured it had to be there for a reason.
Man I had to re-load my game like 5 times as I kept blowing limbs off.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6808

Anyone else having freezing problems? I did a fresh install of the game and all the DLCs patched to 1.7 and was able to play for hours just fine. As soon as I load one mod, the game starts freezing and then continues to even after I remove it and revert back to an old save.
FloppY_
­

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Anyone else get the Scrubs reference in the Medic on Mothership Zeta?
No but I got another one from him, can't remember it tho

Wiki wrote:

His name is a reference to the television show Scrubs; Elliot Tercorien's name is a portmanteau of the character names Eliot Reid, Christopher Turk, and John Dorian, all of whom are also doctors.
o i c

The one I remember is sally in Waste disposal:
When talking to her in the mantience area you can say "What an incredible smell you discovered" which could be a reference to a line from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-08-04 12:23:05)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6633

OmniDeath wrote:

Anyone else having freezing problems? I did a fresh install of the game and all the DLCs patched to 1.7 and was able to play for hours just fine. As soon as I load one mod, the game starts freezing and then continues to even after I remove it and revert back to an old save.
You need to install the patch before the DLCs.

Also the game is already pretty fucking buggy and there is a chance that some of the mods you got are conflicting.
FloppY_
­

OmniDeath wrote:

Also the game is already pretty fucking buggy and there is a chance that some of the mods you got are conflicting.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/27377/fffuuu.png

My game still did this post 1.7, but it has not done so post Zeta... might be because I haven't played zeta for very long periods of time tho..

glad they fixed the hang-on-exit
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6434

Chou wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

I'm starting to regret deleting it from my HDD.

Are there vehicles?
There are no vehicles and believe me, you will not even miss them.
Vehicles would take out half the fun and exploration in this game.
You're on foot and you are discovering the entire wasteland. You will not get bored without vehicles.
I disagree strongly with that. The walking is incredibly slow and I got so fed up with the way everything takes so long. Of course vehicles wouldn't really work at all because of the way the wasteland is designed but to say you wouldn't miss them..

IRT

I ventured into Vault 106 just before. What the fuck. Seriously. What. Not only was it messing with my head but I couldn't find any information to find out what had been going on there, unlike the other vaults.

Anyone know what happened? Did I miss something inside the vault?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6808

OmniDeath wrote:

No.

The DLCs don't really install so much as they are activated from within the folder they're placed, so it doesn't matter when you patch. Also, the game worked fine until I tried to run another unofficial mod. And it was only one mod, so there were no possible conflicts. It was a mod that worked previously and doesn't altered any items or world space.

Hence my frustration.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6819

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I ventured into Vault 106 just before. What the fuck. Seriously. What. Not only was it messing with my head but I couldn't find any information to find out what had been going on there, unlike the other vaults.

Anyone know what happened? Did I miss something inside the vault?
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_106
FloppY_
­

OmniDeath wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

No.

The DLCs don't really install so much as they are activated from within the folder they're placed, so it doesn't matter when you patch. Also, the game worked fine until I tried to run another unofficial mod. And it was only one mod, so there were no possible conflicts. It was a mod that worked previously and doesn't altered any items or world space.

Hence my frustration.
Fallout3 Mod Manager > ???

Tbh using mods without a manager is just asking for crashes that are only fix'able with re-install...
OmniDeath
~
+726|6808

FloppY_ wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

No.

Hence my frustration.
Fallout3 Mod Manager > ???

Tbh using mods without a manager is just asking for crashes that are only fix'able with re-install...
Yes, I'm using mod manager.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard